• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Walchit's Glog 2018

Well started germination yesterday, got a little carried away.

I'm too lazy to type out my list for you guys so here are some pics.

Sprouting these from Justin/whitehotpeppers

And these from the auction of labeled pods from Garth/texashotpeppers

Then there are these from trades and seed trains

I may have officially lost my mind! Thanks for stopping by.

I just commented about this very same thing in another thread but when I was using kelp and fished based ferts last year my dogs would try to break into my planters and eat the dirt. Nasty little bastards

My cat is very curious about my seedling room. She WILL find herself outdoors real quick if she tries any funny business.

AAAARGH.

One of the kids let a cat in to the basement today and I had cat print depressions on 4 of my trays.

None of them smelled like cat pee though, which is good. That'd been game over.

I loosened up the soil as best I could; the cells were compressed 1/2 way down wherever the cat had stepped.

I was just thinking and I'm betting if I stick toothpicks in about every 4th cell, it'll deter the little buggers. Turn the trays in to pin-cushions, cats won't want to get on them?

TrentL said:
AAAARGH.

One of the kids let a cat in to the basement today and I had cat print depressions on 4 of my trays.

None of them smelled like cat pee though, which is good. That'd been game over.

I loosened up the soil as best I could; the cells were compressed 1/2 way down wherever the cat had stepped.

I was just thinking and I'm betting if I stick toothpicks in about every 4th cell, it'll deter the little buggers. Turn the trays in to pin-cushions, cats won't want to get on them?

Maybe but they're pretty agile and would probably find a way to step between them. Try some crumpled up tin foil around your trays I did that with one of my indoor plants to keep my cat from getting in the pot. Worked like a charm. Apparently cats don't like to walk on it.

TrentL said:
Yeah those lanky seedlings are screaming for ALL the lights. :)

Yours are coming along very nicely though!

I told him to keep me updated on them. And thanks, I am satisfied with the rate of growth I'm having so far

Looking stellar Andy... I'd say you didn't make many mis-steps and recovered nicely from those few. Extra points for style for making your own LED array... that's so cool! Keep up the great work!

Back