• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

WalkGood 2013, 2014 and Beyond

This is my first Glog so excuse what ever mess I may create, lol. Took way to many pictures today (31), so Ill post the first 9 and add more in subsiquent posts but didn't think it a good idea to start out doube or triple posting just for additional pics. I will also be updating the thread over time to show growth, pods and such ... but the first few pics of are of the young ones. While Ive been growing my favorite peppers for around 17 years (guess, lol), I always limited myself to 3 varieties or less. Jamaican peppers/Hab, Jalapeño and Cayenne. When things got too tuff Id milk them till they died off and stop growing for a while and start fresh. Most years I only grew the Jamaicans which are my favorite for cooking, home made sauce and the occasional powder to rub meats with or put into certain recipes.

Current inventory:
  • 5 Jalapeño
  • 1 Cayenne
  • 1 Serrano
  • 7 Datil
  • 15 Jamaican Habs (3 large around 3 years old and 12 less than year old)
  • 12 more to be determined
The young ones below are not that old with the oldest being the JA Habs which are around 3 years old now. I happen to find THP site while looking for advice/knowledge to cure one of my Jalapeños, thanks for all the good info guys/girls! In 2012 I added Datil, Thai hot, Cayenne, Jalapeño and Serrano to the mix, totaling around 41 plants now. Hats off \o_ to those of you who grow many more, dont know how you find the time and patients when things go off. That said, Ive done my fair share of battling aphids, nematodes, snails and white fly to no end over the last 3 years. Fortunately I believe to have things under control for now so Ive decided to add 12 new peppers to the mix from the listed seeds shown below.

Ill select 12 to start near end of December or first week in January from the seeds below and give credit once I get some new ones going :)

av1pxs.jpg

Need to start clearing our yard to grow more & more & more peppers ;) (*WG rollseyes*)
2ypb3mx.jpg

Top left to right: two Thai Hot and one Cayenne. Bottom row all Datil. BTW I don't grow everything in clay pots, just happen to get a good deal on a bunch in yard sale for a few bucks.
23i8d1v.jpg

Huge live Oak in background, there's 5 of them in front yard so the shades hard to avoid in first few hours of sun rise.
25fst9v.jpg

8 Jamaican Habs in ground and cherry tomatoe in the pot, I need to find a good place to plant the tomatoe soon.
2aikob7.jpg

Top left Serrano and more Datil, I'm probably going to gift a few Datils for xmass and some of the other peppers
2ci77yf.jpg

Serrano's first fower
ogc60z.jpg

Serrano's different angle
24ln0yc.jpg

Edit: final list copied to first post from post #40. These seeds were soaked in water on 12/31/12 and planted 1/1/13 \o/

Edit: This list is constantly being updated as new hooks pop. Even though I lost #5 :/ I will not give up as there are 2 other seeds in dat egg mon ....

28i2h78.jpg

A few links to some of my better posts ;)Did you say powder?Did you say MoA?Black light night shots & horn wormsReviews and taste impressions in no order

Sanarda said:
What's the pepper in the second and eighth pic from the top?
That one and the next which is using a branch like a hammock are both Chocolate Scorpions (PIC1/Greg seed). The plant isn’t really producing now other than 3 or 4 pods on her, I believe it’s because all the heat we’ve had but I expect that to change soon.

Al-from-Chile said:
those re some seriously cool yard pics!
Thanks Al, I’m sure your yard is cooler in Chile :) what makes mine a little unique is that I’m 5 minutes from down town Lauderdale, lol.

Here’s mas …
2wdprmq.jpg

10nxsw1.jpg

2jfau8n.jpg

23li6j7.jpg

20qff28.jpg

ayq7er.jpg

Ramon...

That's an awesome yard and it's green year round. Reminded me of Viet Nam, everything's lush green, flowers, herbs and all the fruit trees in the backyard.

How can I get my hands on some of those pretty MoA SB & white hab seeds.

Sy

You've got a cool looking place Ramon! And the baby pics are as well... I hope you get that second wave of pod production, but if not, the next generation should pick up and carry you into next season in good shape. Cheers!

Very nice update Ramon!

The yard and all your babies look spectacular! <---wow 4 syllables LOL, I must be edumacated...

And those whites are super white! LOL LB said ours will come out rust colored (iron heavy water).

Things should start cranking now that the weather is changing.

Have a great week!

PIC 1 said:

Plants, Pods, and Seedlings.......with cool yard shots thrown in as a bonus !
Great start with the egg germinators. We'll you be looking for additional nursery containers or replacing some of exsisting plants ?
I still have some JA Habs going strong...pods are nuclear size !

Thanks for kudos Greg! I have six new 15 gallon nursery pots ready in the garage, there’s a place not too far from me that sells them for $3.00 each but I’m not sure every lady will get 15 gallon shoes. I’ll have to make that call when it’s time but as you know 15 is a great size. I might replace some of the older pots with new ones as you can see some are taped up, lol but as long as they’re holding together that’s on the back burner. The only plant I’d entertain gifting off would be the Trinidad Scorpion as I don’t use the pods much but she makes one hell of a beautiful powder that’s super picante which I do use. Any good recipes you have with her fresh pods or do you use yours in sauce?  

Durham Bull said:

Ramon...

That's an awesome yard and it's green year round. Reminded me of Viet Nam, everything's lush green, flowers, herbs and all the fruit trees in the backyard.

How can I get my hands on some of those pretty MoA SB & white hab seeds.

Sy

I would certainly enjoy seeing Viet Nam, must have been cool being there. Sy, drop me a pm and I’ll send you some, tanks for the kudos brethren ^_^

stickman said:
You've got a cool looking place Ramon! And the baby pics are as well... I hope you get that second wave of pod production, but if not, the next generation should pick up and carry you into next season in good shape. Cheers!

Thanks Rick, some of the pods are getting larger now but that white one is the size of a quarter, lol. Not typical of the pods I was pulling before the summer heat. Some of the MoAs are true to shape but the 75% not pictured are not, at least her pods are looking a little larger but still green. I should get 2 more pulls before December but they’re typically small pulls but hope I get lucky, hehehe

PeriPeri said:
That pod is soo friggn' white I need sunglasses my man! nice!

Lournes some come out just like that while others are milky or off white, wish I knew how to get them all looking that white. That said, this plant produces more whites than nots, she’s a keeper ^_^

romy6 said:
Yard is lookin good mon!!!!!!!!!!!! Need more omelets shots . Those are my favorito!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for yard kudos Jamie, I’ll try to shoot another omelet soon just for ya brethren ^_^

ronniedeb said:
Your yard, plants and peppers look great. What variety of banana do you grow?

Ronan thanks for da kudos mon! The banana’s are actually plantains but the summer stalks are not as large as when the weather is cooler. Some where in the glog I have a great looking plantain stalk harvest and some cooking of tostones that we make from them. The pictures came out really cool if you’re up for hunting them down, lol. Thanks for stopping by ^_^

Devv said:

Very nice update Ramon!

The yard and all your babies look spectacular! <---wow 4 syllables LOL, I must be edumacated...

And those whites are super white! LOL LB said ours will come out rust colored (iron heavy water).

Things should start cranking now that the weather is changing.

Have a great week!
Thanks Scott for kudos brethren! As I said above, not all the whites are perfectly white but the ones that do come like that are typically very beautiful and I’m guessing you’ll have some great ones too. Tell LB not to be pessimistic so early in da gam ;) [SIZE=12pt] [/SIZE] I’m looking forward to the weather change as I know you are, I shouldn’t be that far behind you. I’m sure we’ll both be busy pulling some monsters \o/

Hope everyone has a great week!

Today’s mail \o/
Annie what can I say … hats off muchacha \o_

vyweqe.jpg

Thanks Dale
2qb7l3k.jpg

24e884m.jpg

117s2nm.jpg

Nice score from Annie, I read good things about the BOC.

Cool deal you got in the grow!

I put three in dirt yesterday, and I've seen some gnarly pods in Sawyers grow from those Jigsaw's!

Have a great week!

Devv said:
Nice score from Annie, I read good things about the BOC.
 She’s an enabler watch out for her, lol ;)

Devv said:
Cool deal you got in the grow!

I put three in dirt yesterday, and I've seen some gnarly pods in Sawyers grow from those Jigsaw's!

Have a great week!
 Yea, I guess some additional seeds were put up at the end, I’m happy to join your group ^_^  I just started soaking my seeds in cups with rain water tonight, hope to get them into eggs tomorrow and take some pics soon.

RocketMan said:
Man Ramon, 15 gallon pots for $3.00 each, that's not bad. Things are looking really good for ya down there and not with the cool weather ready to come on, I hope your ready for them plants to take off and go crazy!

:)
Bill I bet you should be able to get inexpensive nursery pots up your way too. Last year I did some searching via the net and found a nursery products distributor. They don’t grow anything; they’re just a warehouse for everything a professional or private grower would use. From pesticides, fertilizer, pots, etc. all the way to tools … all kinds of great stuff and prices for the things I’ve purchased seem reasonable.

Can’t wait for the better temps … I’m hoping for a great harvest and hope you have the same brethren. Have a great week!

stc3248 said:
Dayum Ramon!!! You grow and eat them peppers...and its been nice knowing ya buddy!!!
lol, sure will be interesting to taste dem ...

Last night after work with my better half on da cam, Papi & #2 transplanting some of the eggs dat hatched germinated so far. I try not to leave the little girls in the eggs more than 2 ½ weeks cause they can quickly outgrow these little shoes. I crack up the egg during the transplant so the roots do not have any impedance. I add some additional polarized egg shell mixed to da soil during the transplant.
2qs33hy.jpg

I guess she took this one to show progress along the way but then she put the cam away, hehe. I snapped the rest below this morning as we were busy last night after we finished.
4tukhw.jpg

We did: 4 Ft. Laud. Farmers Market Scotch Bonnets (FLFMSB), only 1 White Fatalii :/, 3 White 7s, 3 White Bhut’s (2nd generation), and 5 Peach Bhut’s.
24qmjvr.jpg

166b3oj.jpg

doau55.jpg

15d0tjl.jpg

We have a lot of eggs left that have not germinated yet but I’m not feeling good about them as they were accidently left out in some heavy rain and some seed could have washed away :/ That said, one did pop with a ladies hat, the Naga King from Lournes S.A. \o/ hoping she dumps dat hat before I resort to surgery, hehehe
2q8vx5h.jpg

Last but not least these were planted late last night after a good soaking in rain water (Jigsaw and bhut orange Copenhagen BOC)
o06sep.jpg

That's a great way to spend the afternoon together :) Nice hatching so far, you gonna try the remaining Fatalii White seeds or just clone from the 1 plant when it's bigger? It will be interesting to see you grow it together with the white bhut. In shape they look pretty similar to me.

Devv said:
Loving the hatching that's going on mon! And your son is in on deal, can't beat that!

You have a great weekend!

Thanks, we had fun with the transplanting, I’m hoping the reapers pop soon but if they don’t I’ll go to your back up seed that I stashed :)

We did another project today to do some more infusion testing, pics are below, hope you have a great Sunday!

meatfreak said:
That's a great way to spend the afternoon together :) Nice hatching so far, you gonna try the remaining Fatalii White seeds or just clone from the 1 plant when it's bigger? It will be interesting to see you grow it together with the white bhut. In shape they look pretty similar to me.

Thank you, we did have fun with it. Been so hot that we laid some cardboard inside and worked over it I have other White Fatalii’s planted in eggs but only one has popped so far, I sure hope more come soon. If others don’t I’ll have to plant more seed, can’t wait to compare them as you have done. Have a great Sunday ^_^

Durham Bull said:
Ramon, jealous that you can grow year round...it's cool that your son helping you out.
What kind of dog(s) do you have? It's a large crate. 
Sy

Don’t be jealous, move south ;) We had fun together, now I just need to get him eating the peppers like our older son does. He also helped me on the current dehydrating for infusion project below. Our dog is a Labrador retriever mix, even though he looks just like a black one, he’s way too small to be pure breed IMO but he’s got spunk and smarts. I don’t like animals cooped up so the bigger the cage the better. We never lock him in unless there are guests that don’t like dogs :/

Hope you and everyone haa an awesome Sunday!

You ask "what do you call it?" ... simple, fruity infusion, hehehe

BTW all the fruit cept strawberries were brined to avoid darkening ...
2zdwsc4.jpg

2ln8hgh.jpg

2ew2wbr.jpg

k9axaq.jpg

2i8dpuc.jpg

Back