• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

recipe-help wanted steak sauce recipe

When I think of raisins in a sauce I instantly think of Pick-A-Peppa Sauce from Jamaica. My all time favorite for flavor. Anyone have the recipe for this sauce, I'd love to make it with a kick.

cheezydemon said:
And really, anyone who puts a-1 on a steak is either making crappy quality steaks, or doesn't like steak.

I season my steaks and serve them with grilled peppers. Unless the steak is well done, it doesn't need sauce (or life support as I call it) IMHO.

can you say "hypocrite" ?
"doesnt need sauce" "life support" "season my steaks" I think what most normal people call "seasons" "sauce" is added flavor NOT a life support.
life support is when you burned the steaks (I mean black & crunchy, let me tell ya steaks are NOT supposed to be black & crunchy LOL) & thats dinner because ...well ... thats dinner - been there done that & yes A1 was welcomed for that dinner :lol:

thats like saying adding anything else besides chiles/vinegar/salt in hot sauce is nothing more than a life support & you dont like chiles
or take chicken if you add BBQ sauce to that to dont like chicken :rolleyes: the list could go on & on! ;)

BTW I think worcestershire sauce is better than A1, but A1 is still good to have for steaks

cheezydemon said:
.....Sorry! Did I kill this thread?lol. I expected some sort of backlash!

is this what you expected ?

Lol, That's Better!

People BBQ chicken, they don't BBQ steak!(oh shut up I am not talking brisket, I am talking filet, rib-eye, new york strip, etc.)

I DON't put sauce on steak, nor on good quality fish.

Unless you eat steak 4-5 times a week, you don't need sauce.

We keep A-1 on hand for my father in law who is a freak.

He eats his steak well done.

If you do that too, then we are done talking.

cheezydemon said:
People BBQ chicken, they don't BBQ steak!(oh shut up I am not talking brisket, I am talking filet, rib-eye, new york strip, etc.)

some people do enjoy BBQ sauce with their steak.

cheezydemon said:
I DON't put sauce on steak, nor on good quality fish.

you said you put seasoning on them, so whats any different ?
do you also marinade meats ? unless you dont know how to cook, dont like that type of meat or are cooking low grade meats theres no need to use seasons/marinades/sauces :cool:
just taking a quote from you.

cheezydemon said:
Unless you eat steak 4-5 times a week, you don't need sauce.

nor seasons or marinades :lol:

cheezydemon said:
If you do that too (well done) then we are done talking.

nope! I like my steaks/burgers medium/ pink in the middle & juicy! if not a little bloody.
that 1 time I burnt my steaks (black & crunchy) I got sidetracked, & that WAS dinner no matter what, so I ate it, didnt like it but it could of been worse - dont know how but it could of :shocked:

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
When I think of raisins in a sauce I instantly think of Pick-A-Peppa Sauce from Jamaica. My all time favorite for flavor. Anyone have the recipe for this sauce, I'd love to make it with a kick.

Pickapeppa Sauce
12 caribbean peppers
1/2 TSP dried mustard
3 TBSP soy sauce
3 TBSP lime juice
1/4 C Ketsup
1 TSP salt
2 TSP brown sugar
1 Cup dry sherry
1/2 C raisans
Cook down for a while and hit it with the boat motor or blender

This actually tasted more like steak sauce than Pickapeppa.

I bet it should have some more sugar to be more like Pickapeppa. Oh and could you clarify the chile, is that a Caribbean Red? I want to try your recipe. Sounds good.

Back