• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Wear Gloves!!!!

Last year i grew some really hot red long curly thai pappers and i dried them out. Then i was breaking them up to put them in a coffee bean grinder to make powder. Now i made the mistake of scratchin my nads during the process and in about 20 seconds i was dancing around my living room like a retard. i was almost crying the pain was so intense. this is serious shit and it can happen to you if you're not carful i thought i was gonna be hospitalized in a dick hospital. This is some of the mosty intense pain in the world and if you didnt knowe already, chilis can actuall burn your skin. Ive gotten burns on my hands before from them. I was freakin out for almost two hours when i had a revelation, a stroke of genius. Knowing that water spreads capsaicin around i went to the shower with a gallon of milk and poured that shit on my willy to cool him off. I used all of the milk in the house and it worked but i was still shakin for a few hours after. So wear gloves when handling peppers with scocille units above 100,000, and your time will not have been ill spent. You've been warned, This shit aint funny. Well it might be funny to you but not to the dude that it hapened to. My fuckin dad called me milk dick for like three weeks after that shit went down! hahaha, i learned my lessons and now i always wear gloves.

Good to know the nitrile gloves i bought a month ago from home depot will protect me. I was trying to figure out which gloves to use (latex, rubber, gardener, nitrile). After reading that nitrile can take automotive and corrosive chemicals and pretty sturdy, i knew pepper oils probably fall into that range.

So, nitrile will not absorb any peppers oils right? I can touch my eyes after i carefully remove the nitrile gloves ya?? or will my eyes be :mouthonfire:

You got the ole' Hunan Hand!

It's worse when after seeding and prepping 7pots, you washed your hands two dozen times, gone to bed, get up the next morning and rub your eyes... you just sit and cry with your eyes clinched shut hoping to see when the pain stops.

You got the ole' Hunan Hand!

It's worse when after seeding and prepping 7pots, you washed your hands two dozen times, gone to bed, get up the next morning and rub your eyes... you just sit and cry with your eyes clinched shut hoping to see when the pain stops.

Didn't you wear gloves?

Last year i grew some really hot red long curly thai pappers and i dried them out. Then i was breaking them up to put them in a coffee bean grinder to make powder. Now i made the mistake of scratchin my nads during the process and in about 20 seconds i was dancing around my living room like a retard. i was almost crying the pain was so intense. this is serious shit and it can happen to you if you're not carful i thought i was gonna be hospitalized in a dick hospital. This is some of the mosty intense pain in the world and if you didnt knowe already, chilis can actuall burn your skin. Ive gotten burns on my hands before from them. I was freakin out for almost two hours when i had a revelation, a stroke of genius. Knowing that water spreads capsaicin around i went to the shower with a gallon of milk and poured that shit on my willy to cool him off. I used all of the milk in the house and it worked but i was still shakin for a few hours after. So wear gloves when handling peppers with scocille units above 100,000, and your time will not have been ill spent. You've been warned, This shit aint funny. Well it might be funny to you but not to the dude that it hapened to. My fuckin dad called me milk dick for like three weeks after that shit went down! hahaha, i learned my lessons and now i always wear gloves.

Thanks for the info MD. I can't believe your Dad called you that. LOL.

We've all learnt this lesson, it's worse when urine comes out too hot for the nada to handle! I borderlined this once. Lol...

Yep it is inevitable. I always seem to stick my finger in my nose. Not sure why....

Funny the gloves don't ACTUALLY help, unless you take off the gloves!!!

I wonder how many people forget they are wearing gloves???? and then scratch or rub or poke.... LOL toooooooo fuuunnnnnnyyyyy

I work nights and during harvest time I tend to just have capsaicin on my hands constantly. This last year several times when tired at work I rubbed my eyes....burnsss, but it woke me up lol

Good to know the nitrile gloves i bought a month ago from home depot will protect me. I was trying to figure out which gloves to use (latex, rubber, gardener, nitrile). After reading that nitrile can take automotive and corrosive chemicals and pretty sturdy, i knew pepper oils probably fall into that range.

So, nitrile will not absorb any peppers oils right? I can touch my eyes after i carefully remove the nitrile gloves ya?? or will my eyes be :mouthonfire:

The staff at the hospitals have to use Nitrile gloves when handling and treating patients with the chemotherapy drugs. funny that you can pump that stuff into your veins but you cant spill any on your skin. They only wear latex for blood work though. I dont know which one to be more scared of, chemo drugs or OPs blood.

Nitrile are the only gloves I use for chilli work because yes they are impermeable. Latex breathes.

Why would you reach into your draws and scratch your bare nuts while you're preparing something you are going to eat?

Back