• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

smoking Weber Rapidfire Chimney Starter - 10 Dollars - Lowe's

You can't even find it online, for that price. Got it today for $9.66. This is the big boy too, with the extra flip-up handle. It's much larger than every other starter I've seen. Easily holds enough to fire up a 22.5 weber one-touch, or similar grill. Maybe even too much, if you are direct grilling say chicken wings. Probably the best buy I've made yet this year.

did you notice if it was a holiday weekend sale? Got a picture? or a link?

Sounds like you picked up a great deal! :woohoo: looking forward to seeing pics of it in action.

thanks for sharing and letting folks know~

SL

You can't even find it online, for that price. Got it today for $9.66. This is the big boy too, with the extra flip-up handle. It's much larger than every other starter I've seen. Easily holds enough to fire up a 22.5 weber one-touch, or similar grill. Maybe even too much, if you are direct grilling say chicken wings. Probably the best buy I've made yet this year.

I JUST USED IT! Didn't take a pic!

One gripe. It discolored in about a 2 inch strip, all the way around the outside, during heating. I had a jet engine fire going, but hell, that's what it's made for. I see others have had it happen, when I searched. No biggie I guess, but I'm just thinking I hope it doesn't effect it structurally. If I pick it up with a load a raging coals, and the sides fall out.........

Back