• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Weed that I was about to uproot.

Good,ya never know.But in my opinion that plants spines could have been some kind of defense.when I look closely,the aphids seem to be speared.it dosent matter anyway,weather they speared or it's a nest.the plant it self could be a threat.

yeaah haha they might be, thats why I was sure, & it miight, but who knows.

One of my friends is the reason Raid now has the Flammable warning stickers all over it, and why all flammable aerosols have that warning. You are advocating dangerous stupidity with using aerosols as a blow torch. They can and will explode while doing that. My friend was burned over 85% of his Body by doing exactly what you just told people to do. He was torching things in the garden with it when he was a kid. Boom. Pain. More pain for years from the surgeries and nerve damage. Not worth the risk.

I use a soldering torch to fry my garden problems. Safer, hotter, more controllable. Works great on fire ants too. Put a stick standing straight up out of their hole, smack it with another stick a few times and then torch the ant covered stick. Fun and satisfying.

LOL
009-2.jpg

burned them all and uprooted & threw away plants !

Why is there a drunk looking snail with his tongue sticking out in your photo? :D

I suppose you have a point I use Oxy/Acetylene torches all the time(25 years exp), not everyone understands how to apply basic physics(especially kids). I'm sorry your friend didn't pay attention to the flame, it got so close to the nozzle and melted it. You are right about the dangers of aerosol cans, my friends and I used em as torches all the time when we where kids, only Lysol or the equivalent, bug spray and paint cans would catch fire from the side spray. I guess it was just luck until we learned which cans worked best. I do remember a couple paint cans getting thrown cause the tops lit up but they never exploded. It always took several minutes after throwing them in a fire before the cans exploded, yes we where crazy.

Why is there a drunk looking snail with his tongue sticking out in your photo? :D

hahah wtff ? i have no idea what that is ! xD

I suppose you have a point I use Oxy/Acetylene torches all the time(25 years exp), not everyone understands how to apply basic physics(especially kids). I'm sorry your friend didn't pay attention to the flame, it got so close to the nozzle and melted it. You are right about the dangers of aerosol cans, my friends and I used em as torches all the time when we where kids, only Lysol or the equivalent, bug spray and paint cans would catch fire from the side spray. I guess it was just luck until we learned which cans worked best. I do remember a couple paint cans getting thrown cause the tops lit up but they never exploded. It always took several minutes after throwing them in a fire before the cans exploded, yes we where crazy.

yeaah for suree, idk better to be safe then sorry, I say.

Back