• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Wermlands garden - 2019

Hello everyone! I decided to start a grow log to document my grow this year. Its been a while since my last grow, will be starting from scratch.

Right now I've got two tents up and running in the basement. One 80x80x120cm with a 400w MH and a smaller 60x60x90cm with a 90W UFO LED.

This is what im growing at the moment:

Orange Habanero
Jalapeno
Santa fe Grande
Ring of Fire
Hungarian Hot Wax

I've also got a couple of years old tried Bhut Jolokia im gonna try germinate later this week. Will be ordering some more seeds end of months too, just need to clear out some space :P

Im using organic soil and liquid nutes.

View attachment 75993

View attachment 75994

Edit: Why is my pictures rotated the wrong way? :rolleyes:

Nice! Your larger tent is the same size as mine, I think. :)

Wermland said:
Edit: Why is my pictures rotated the wrong way? :rolleyes:

Some cameras suck about keeping track of rotation; I think the most common culprit is Apple's photo software. Though I've had Android phones that did the same thing, I think. Which is why I run my photos through a really generic resizing process that throws out whatever weird rotation metadata they have, but that's a bit involved.

Looks like i cant edit my first post, what a failed start huh :lol:

I've managed to upload the pictures again and get them rotated the right way too lol here we go :dance:

6I5HJyz.jpg

iWPFbGa.jpg

3yqWZnY.jpg

CDNmatt said:
Are you doing a full indoor grow Wermland or moving your stuff to the outdoors for the summer?
I'm moving them outside as soon as possible [emoji2]

I just need to get more big pots and a greenhouse, but it's still pretty cold here so I should have enough time to set it up.

Skickat från min SM-N910F via Tapatalk

Went down and took some pictures for an update tonight:

Added a small fan to get some circulation inside the tent.

maTVRLj.jpg

I've started to notice some flies, will try this "gnat off" and see if it works before it becomes a big problem. Should probably buy me some neem and some of those sticky yellow papers.

idtIwuf.jpg

I added 1ml/L of gnat off and some Root Juice and Fish Mix (Biobizz), got the PH down to around 6.0 - 6.5.

This is the ballast I'm using:
IRwldsu.jpg

I have a fan controller connected to a thermostat that will automatically go to 100% power if the temperature goes over 27degres Celsius (80 Fahrenheit). Temp in the tent is around 22-25 Celsius (71 - 77 Fahrenheit).
twEiRwK.jpg

Santa fe Grande and Hungarian Hot Wax are by far the healthiest looking plants. I'm not sure how cold it gets at night (Will check that tomorrow) but I'm pretty sure it gets too cold, a lot of the plants are growing very slow and some of them i think is suffering from nutrient burn by being transplanted too early into heavy fertilized soil. The ones who look healthy is the plants in the less fertilized soil.

evN8rhA.jpg

pkyfvLC.jpg

3NVLLk4.jpg

WEJfxU8.jpg

Lvb1TkS.jpg

tsDxi7n.jpg

Sorry about the crazy big pictures i promise i will do better next time lol

:welcome: to TheHotPepper, Wermland!

Looks like you are getting your set-up together
in good fashion, Jonatan. Your starts should 
do great in the tent.

Good luck this season!

Wermland said:
Looks like i cant edit my first post, what a failed start huh :lol:

I've managed to upload the pictures again and get them rotated the right way too lol here we go :dance:
Hey Wermland.  Some of the better glogs around here have had a false-start, so I'm looking forward to good things here as well!

I like your grow setup and the useful pepper varieties.  I was considering growing the Santa fe Grande this year, but it didn't work out.  Hope it goes well for you.  And definitely get out ahead of those fungus gnats!  I hate those things with a passion.

PaulG said:
:welcome: to TheHotPepper, Wermland!

Looks like you are getting your set-up together
in good fashion, Jonatan. Your starts should 
do great in the tent.

Good luck this season!

Yeah it takes a while to get everything dialed in when starting a completely new indoor grow.
Thank you :)

internationalfish said:

I have two of these, one at the top, and one for the bottom (I have shelving in it to have two levels).

Awesome, will have to look for your Glog and see how they preform :D

CaneDog said:
Hey Wermland.  Some of the better glogs around here have had a false-start, so I'm looking forward to good things here as well!

I like your grow setup and the useful pepper varieties.  I was considering growing the Santa fe Grande this year, but it didn't work out.  Hope it goes well for you.  And definitely get out ahead of those fungus gnats!  I hate those things with a passion.

This false-start is just the calm before the storm, i expect great things :party:

I did grow Santa fe Grande about 7 years ago in hydro and man those plants grew like crazy and produced a huge crop with very large size fruits.

stettoman said:
Mmmmm, if you haven't tried the Sante Fe Grandes before, you're in for a treat: they pod up like Kentucky grows bluegrass, and a better popper pepper I have yet to eat!

Enjoy your season!

Yeah i love the taste and they can really produce a monster harvest in the right conditions. Thanks for stopping by :dance:  :welcome: 

Time for another update.

The plants are looking much better now after yesterdays watering.
Lowest temperature in the tent last night was 18.5C/65F, not too bad i guess but I'm sure its been lower a couple of days ago. My basement is quite cold and these last couple of days has been the first warmer days this year here in Sweden, So temperature could be a major factor why some of the plants have been growing so slow.

I've done some rearranging by moving the plants closer to the corner where there's more air circulation.
The plants that are looking worst and growing slow has been moving into the propagator tent where the temperature is almost 31C/89F daytime. The 90W LED in that tent is on 24/7. I have a feeling that these plants wants a warmer climate so I'm gonna keep em in there for a week to see if they start showing some strength.

DXyk0Hi.jpg

iIOKfoC.jpg

All the Orange Habaneros has been moved to the propagator tent. The ones still in smaller pots was placed in a small propagator box.
4wAqQU5.jpg

If this Orange Habanero wont show any sign of strength soon i will have to throw it away. My plan here is to grow out the strongest ones for seed production and hopefully do some breeding down the road. Id love to work on a Santa fe Grande / Orange Habanero hybrid.
KWLDyAw.jpg

Heres the smaller Orange Habaneros, hopefully they will start growing soon. Im pretty sure ive been feeding these way too much nutrients both liquid and in the soil so i will have to only give these water for a couple of weeks.
F5h9kDk.jpg

Wermland said:
Awesome, will have to look for your Glog and see how they preform :D

You're certainly welcome... but I wouldn't judge their performance based on my screwing around. I also wouldn't expect a lot, though, since they're cheap Chinese blurple lights. ;)

Seems like there are more effective options in the LED space, but they didn't exist on Japanese Amazon when I was setting things up. So maybe next time, if I can get something else at a rational price.

internationalfish said:

You're certainly welcome... but I wouldn't judge their performance based on my screwing around. I also wouldn't expect a lot, though, since they're cheap Chinese blurple lights. ;)

Seems like there are more effective options in the LED space, but they didn't exist on Japanese Amazon when I was setting things up. So maybe next time, if I can get something else at a rational price.
Looking at your Glog I can see you're getting fairly good results considering the price of the LED.

Not sure why really but I've ordered a very cheap 50W LED from China just now Guess I'll start some seedlings under it or something.

Wermland said:
Looking at your Glog I can see you're getting fairly good results considering the price of the LED.

Not sure why really but I've ordered a very cheap 50W LED from China just now Guess I'll start some seedlings under it or something.

For the price, yeah, it's not bad.

Haha, careful with that thing! Don't burn yourself! ;)

Time for another update

I changed my mind about moving the plants, the conditions in the big tent is much better now when its getting warmer outside. I'm able to ventilate the whole room to get some fresh air in and run the fan at higher capacity to get better air circulation inside the tent.

The smaller tent with the LED don't have any good circulation so the soil stays very moist in there unfortunately. All plants are looking healthier, I moved them all over to the big tent again.

I give this poor guy a week to get his shit together:
aVK6Anj.jpg

The transplanted Habaneros is looking much better now, was probably stressed by getting transplanted into way too nutrient rich soil.

WaBKE3m.jpg

WeMjovd.jpg

5Q67vSf.jpg

1b4GBJm.jpg

fqyDn0P.jpg

Got a rose in there too! :party:

jwMRtaE.jpg

Back