• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Wermlands garden - 2019

Hello everyone! I decided to start a grow log to document my grow this year. Its been a while since my last grow, will be starting from scratch.

Right now I've got two tents up and running in the basement. One 80x80x120cm with a 400w MH and a smaller 60x60x90cm with a 90W UFO LED.

This is what im growing at the moment:

Orange Habanero
Jalapeno
Santa fe Grande
Ring of Fire
Hungarian Hot Wax

I've also got a couple of years old tried Bhut Jolokia im gonna try germinate later this week. Will be ordering some more seeds end of months too, just need to clear out some space :P

Im using organic soil and liquid nutes.

View attachment 75993

View attachment 75994

Edit: Why is my pictures rotated the wrong way? :rolleyes:

Looking good! Did you end up putting some gnat traps out? The gnats dont cause problems, but the larvae will eat your roots once they run out of organic matter in the pot to eat. I baked all my soil and have been gnatless until the other day when I forgot to cook some asparagus and it developed some gnats. I saw one when I watered yesterday so I grabbed some of the sticky things that go on stakes you can put right in the pot. Saw one gnat on one trap this morning.

So i guess its time for another update lol. Been super busy and haven't had the time to write anything but the plants are looking good and have started to flower and produce some fruits.
Because of my limited grow space they are all still in 1L pots, some of them should have been replanted a long time ago but ill just have to wait for the weather to get warmer.

Ive also replaced the 400W MH with a 600W HPS, they seem to like the 600w and the extra heat a lot.

On to the pictures!

I decided to start a hydro experiment with an Orange Habanero (middle in the picture above)

Washed of most of the soil before placing it in the bucket.

Trimmed off most of the leaves and put it in a 10L bucket with a stone, creating a bubbler.

This is today, 15 days later. It clearly survived and is growing some nice roots. Will be interesting to see how it develops. I bought some more buckets and other containers for building a RDWC bucket system and a couple of ebb and flow trays.

This is a Santa Fe Grande that i cut the top of, pretty brutal but it survived.

Same plant 7 days later. Its actually starting to flower now, its not even 10cm tall.

Bought 1 Fishpepper plant, 1 Basket of Fire and two Aji Pineapple on Facebook and got them in the mail the other day. They seem to be enjoying the tent.

Basket of Fire.

Fishpepper.

Ring of Fire.

Same Ring of Fire.

Is Jalapeno plant is still very small, only about 15cm. But it started producing a lot of flowers very early. Jalapeno might not be the most exciting pepper to grow but damn its really a fast grower.

Another small Jalapeno that already starting to produce fruits.

I have removed all plants that have been growing very slow. Ive been saving the ones that have a more "bushier" phenotype as im planning on continue to grow some of these indoor this winter.

Heres the remaining Orange Habaneros. There one or two of these that im interested in keeping seeds from and continue to grow. The two to the upper right has been growing fastest and seem to become much bushier that the rest. I will take seeds from the most compact plant that produces the most fruits.

Walchit said:
Looking good! Did you end up putting some gnat traps out? The gnats dont cause problems, but the larvae will eat your roots once they run out of organic matter in the pot to eat. I baked all my soil and have been gnatless until the other day when I forgot to cook some asparagus and it developed some gnats. I saw one when I watered yesterday so I grabbed some of the sticky things that go on stakes you can put right in the pot. Saw one gnat on one trap this morning.

Well all the flies went away and the plants grew very well so i figured the problem was solved, actually never ordered any of those yellow traps but it seems they have returned now. I put the plants outside in the sun the other day and i must've taken some gnats with me inside again.. A real paint in the ass they are. Hopefully the problem wont get too big before i get the traps in the mail.

That's it for today will try to be more active going forward, Happy growing!! :D

Looks like root rot in my bubbler. Water is probably too warm.
I cut of the bad roots and cleaned the bucket.
de6c19ce5e4334530aae773152a2ab2b.jpg
eb40a1f9e57e09d3eabaaecbfd0e8547.jpg

The leaves on almost all the plants have started to curl as seen in the pictures. Some plants have dropped almost all leaves.

It looks like it could be too warm, this is two weeks after switching from 400W MH to 600W HPS. My fan malfunctioned the other day so it got very warm in the tent and the plants almost dried out. I hope that's the reason for this and not the flies.

Still waiting for my yellow sticky fly traps.
75e579c4c149c786538d11804fb030ec.jpg
1ab62f871a3b17c7f1f779019a12ea7f.jpg
4874a047fe29cec38527c842b06a78fa.jpg

Wow, lots of flowers on those little guys!

The hot spell seems a reasonable guess as to the cause of the canoeing.  

Uncle_Eccoli said:
Wow, lots of flowers on those little guys!

The hot spell seems a reasonable guess as to the cause of the canoeing.  
Yeah they started to flower quite early, been pinching of flowers to promote growth but i really need to put them in bigger pots!

Ive started germinating more seeds yesterday. Ive also thrown out some more plants that looked weak.

The seeds that are germinating are:
BOC x Aji Pineapple
Naga King
7 Pot douglah
BBG7 x Reaper
Smooth White
Carolina Reaper Caramel
BOC

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

Did some rearranging in the growroom. Placed the propagator tent on top of the larger tent instead of having it standing upright on the floor lile before.

Also started using a large heat mat for the seedlings. Instead of the larger 90W UFO LED im using a cheap 50W china LED.

Will be using the 90W UFO in the corner of the same room after ive done the transplanting. Tent is way too small lol.

Weather is getting better but its still pretty cold at nights. Hopefully wont be too long until i can move em outside.
f18d79f5ae9cde35809cec0176f3deb1.jpg
ca9412a442d3ff9b18a4e3c4bc291a7d.jpg

Skickat från min SM-G960F via Tapatalk

Back