• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

What am I missing? Thai sauce (3-21-14 new info)

Went to the restaurant tonight and owner gave me a bit of info, but would still not give up the recipe. His fish sauce is Squid brand (he actually went in back and gave me one from his case), the peppers are the little prik kee noo. I feel that is half my battle. He even told me where to get the prik kee noo. I went but they were closed. Gonna get some tommarow.

Edit to add pic:
1499608_10201643558599346_1232148767_n_zps57cf2bc9.jpg

Try using equal parts fish sauce and lime. Sugar. Then taste to balance. Can always use dried chilli flakes instead of fresh chillis. There is also a version with fermented soybeans paste that's used for the Thai version of chicken rice. Google shesimmers. Good food blog.

Rymerpt said:
Went to the restaurant tonight and owner gave me a bit of info, but would still not give up the recipe. His fish sauce is Squid brand (he actually went in back and gave me one from his case), the peppers are the little prik kee noo. I feel that is half my battle. He even told me where to get the prik kee noo. I went but they were closed. Gonna get some tommarow.

Edit to add pic:
1499608_10201643558599346_1232148767_n_zps57cf2bc9.jpg
I love a quest!

Back