• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

What movies...

When flicking through channels, what movies are impossible for you to turn off, no matter where you come in?

Mine no particular order

1. Starship Troopers - probably seen is 20 times. Including right now:
2. Fight club
3. Conan the Barbarian

...and now, back to Starship Troopers
:)

Hmmm, probably something like this

1. Big Lebowski
2. Fear and Loathing
3. House 1000 Corpses or Devil's Rejects (tied) What can I say, huge Zombie fan

Haven't seen the Conan movies in years. Used to watch them all the time when I was young, especially the destroyer since we had that one on vhs.
Many others but these are pretty consistent. Have Big Lebowski on dvd but IFC has been playing it all last month and this and have watched it every time I've seen it on lol. I might have a problem.

braveheart

big trouble in little china

pulp fiction

big lebowski

goodfellas

pretty much anything with John Candy, John Cusak, Bill Murray or Woody Harrelson

Scarface and Goodfellas are two of my favorite movies of all times but I can't watch them on tv unless they're playing on IFC or HBO,etc. Trying to watch those two movies edited on regular channels just kills it for me completely (Scarface especially). Guess it's like that with all R rated movies but some are worse than others when it comes to being edited for content. And some of the words they use to dub over the language with are completely ridiculous.

Double thumbs up for Pulp and Big Trouble

Nice selections above:

1 The Godfather 1 & 2
2 The Outlaw Josey Whales
3 The Usual Suspects
4 Gladiator
5 Goodfellas

When flipping thru channels and MUST watch it no matter how far in it is? Holy crap...

There's so many but off the top of my head...

#1 Oh Brother Where Art Thou?

#2 Austin Powers (any of them)

#3 Last Man Standing.

Hear No Evil See No Evil. The Whoppy Boys. Anything with Adam Sandler. 'Enough' with Jennifer Lopez (she fucks him up but good).
Etc etc etc

SmokenFire said:
braveheart

big trouble in little china

pulp fiction

big lebowski

goodfellas

pretty much anything with John Candy, John Cusak, Bill Murray or Woody Harrelson
All of these + Lebowski

And Aliens too.

If I'm flippin & land on these, that's a change of plans for the evening.
Husker21 said:
Only if I come in before Quint's monologue about the Indianapolis.

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
All of these + Lebowski

And Aliens too.

If I'm flippin & land on these, that's a change of plans for the evening.

Only if I come in before Quint's monologue about the Indianapolis.

LDHS I respect that stance.  :) But this guys is all in all the time.

I realized that pretty much everything everyone has named is also on my list. 

I just got sucked into Kill Bill Vol 2 on Sunday night - which is why I didn't sleep until 01:45 AM :doh: 

...and I own it on DVD :doh: 

Back