• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

What movies...

Scorched said:
Scarface and Goodfellas are two of my favorite movies of all times but I can't watch them on tv unless they're playing on IFC or HBO,etc. Trying to watch those two movies edited on regular channels just kills it for me completely (Scarface especially). Guess it's like that with all R rated movies but some are worse than others when it comes to being edited for content. And some of the words they use to dub over the language with are completely ridiculous.

Totally with you on the editing.  I will change channels if the cursing has been dubbed.  Actually saw BET playing Harlem Nights a couple weeks back and thought to myself why the hell would BET put a movie like Harlem Nights on?  Half the dialogue is getting bleeped!

Hmmmmm let's see

1. Anything with boobies (gotta be truthful)
2. Raiders of the lost arch
3. Monty python and the holy grail
4. Pirates of the Carribean
5. Shawshank redemption

Big Lebowski
Saving Private Ryan
We Were Soldiers
Forrest Gump
Goodfellas
Inglorious Basterds

And if you haven't seen it yet, watch Fury. If you liked Private Ryan and We Were Soldiers, you're sure to add it to your list of favorites. Excellent movie

Jet li the One up there on my top 5 list. Loved that movie and seen it a dozen times.

Last of the Mochicans. 

Fight club

Any of the underworlds.

1. Das Boot
2. Der Untergang (The Downfall)
4. Der Himmel über Berlin
5. Stalingrad (due to youth Nostalgia)

And there are a lot more ones that I like.

Das Leben der Anderen
Goodfellas
Shawshank Redemption
The Green Mile
Band of Brothers (Ok, not a movie..)
Pulp fiction
Kill Bill
The Neverending story
ET

The old die hard movies.. Hell yes, even German dubbed. 100% Nostalgia. It's funny that the bad guys get a German accent in the US version.. and a russian accent in the German version.

And of course LOTR and the Hobbit

Back