• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Breakfast I cooked up some Jimmy Dean hot sausage and an egg. I fried up some fresh Thai's from the garden and put that on top of the sausage. I toasted a bagel and put the sausage, egg, and peppers on top. Finished it off with some cream cheese. :D Lunch I did mac and cheese with Thai's :)

For dinner tonight it is a stuffed bell made with sausage, bacon, rice, onion, fatali, and cream cheese. Its in the oven right now...smelling the house up good....... :D

Had to do something with the first ripe pods from the pepper patch. The Results- Fresh Pepper Chicken and Potatoes!

I put the 3 fresh pods (don't know what they are as they are all from Mystery Pepper plants), garlic, Ponzu sauce, sesame oil and a little water in the blender and whizzed it all up. The chicken marinated in that sauce for a couple hours. Then I poured the marinade over the spuds for a while. It was to pretty with the red, orange, green and purple pepper colors.

The peppers have a mild heat, like a serrano so it wasn't super spicy and the whole family enjoyed it.
mystpepripe2-1.jpg

freshpepperchicken001.jpg

freshpepperchicken002.jpg

The chicken on the grill and the spuds cooked in my new favorite cooking method...cast iron on the grill!
freshpepperchicken003.jpg

YUM!

Thanks to everyone for continuing to post pics and ideas. The inspirations are wonderful!

Thanks, Pauly, my grill skills are progressing, but I'm not sure I'm happy about that........

It's always been understood that anything on the grill was the responsibility of 'Dude. Now..that may not be the rule....

Aw, Well....he's very teachable ;)

I do have to say that we've done 2 beef roasts, 2 chickens, and the spuds in the CI on the grill and I REALLY like how it cooks! Heat the pan up while the grill is heating, toss in the stuff, turn down the heat, and let 'er cook.

The dutch oven for the prime rib was the BEST! It seemed to transfer and radiate the heat to the sides of the roast. My CI pans are getting the best seasoning they've ever had. A couple of the pans, one being the 10" skillet used for the potatoes, have never been properly seasoned, but not any longer!

And the dutch oven used for the prime rib in the last throwdown was borrowed from a neighbor (the one who's husband stole the peppers for my chiropractor and planted them in his garden LOL). When I returned the dutch oven, she was amazed, the pot was wonderfully seasoned. She offered for me to take her other dutch oven and do the same thing to it. :lol:

Top Sirloin seasoned with copius ammounts of sea salt, crushed black pepper, garlic powder and fatalli powder(thanks AGAIN SS) and seared on a kingsford fired webber grill then set on the cooler side of the grill till med-well was reached. UN-FRIGGIN-REAL!!

Spicy curry with vegetable stirfry, simmered in coconut milk. Added dried pequin flakes along the way, along with some chicken. Sweat fest 2010, though it wasn't THAT hot

Gave a Phall Curry a shot tonight. Not too bad. It has a real hab taste. I think it'd probably be better with Bhuts. Either way, not bad.

6 serranos, 5 Carribean red habs, 1 Dorset Naga. Recipe also called for 1 TBSP of cayenne powder (not shown)
peppers-1.jpg

Peppers chopped
chopped-peppers.jpg

Peppers and tomatoes cooking with chicken
chicken-tomatoes-and-peppers-rendering.jpg

Served with naan and rice.
phall-curry-served.jpg

Man I love cooking with my own peppers! Sure clears the nose. Gotta have a shower after this. I'm sweating buckets...

Oh yeah! Nice one Blister.

One of the dreaded and unfortunate parts of doing these reviews has become apparent to me. I HAVE to cook and eat all this food to try the products on. Oh the sacrifices I make for you people. :lol:

Here's today's:

100_7395.jpg

100_7399.jpg

Hashbrowns with Thai's and Hot Banana's and Onions. A piece of sausage. Half a bagel with cream cheese. I also dabbed a bunch of my new Guava-Naga-Hab Sauce on it. Wow. So tasty.

Mrs. RS cooked up a great dinner tonight, and I gotta crow about it. She took some Baby Rays BBQ sauce and mixed in some home made salsa. Poured that over boneless chicken breasts and baked them until chicken was done. She made a batch of rice with chicken stock, and served it with some of the salsa and BBQ sauce from the chicken drizzled over the top. I picked some wax beans from the garden and she cooked them up with a bit of garlic. I went back back for seconds, I am stuffed!!!

The home made salsa was made with lots of cilantro and garlic, Serrano, Jalapeño and Bhut Jolokia peppers. This was a spicy meal!

And now the proof of life photo:
100_1271.jpg

Back