• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Thank you to our southern states for allowing me to enjoy the pepperoni and mozzarella cheese stuffed cherry peppers this past weekend. I am very envious of the fresh pods and can't wait for all this f&#@ing snow to melt so I can start planting. Soon my precious...soon. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Those of us who want to ensure someone else wants to watch our girlish figure can't do this very often, but sometimes, you just gotta do it: Frito Pies.

Took a can of Hormel (with beans, so sad if you don't like 'em) and added some extra mixed pepper powder. Then double-layered Fritos, Hormel, Cheddar, and Onion in a bowl. Oh, what the heck - more cheddar and more pepper powder on top.

From the original commercial: Aye, yii, yii, yiiii, I am dee Frito Bandito. I like Frito's Corn Chips. I love them, I do. I want Frito's corn chips. I'll take them, from you.

Much artery-clogging guuudness!

geeme get a camera because all I see is words. :(

Blackened Catfish for dinner tonight:

cookin.jpg

done.jpg

Seasonings included sea salt, thyme, allspice, mace, nutmeg, garlic powder, paprika, oregano, basil, chile powder, cayenne powder, and naga powder. Hmm... I think that's all I used this time, any way.....
Whatever with the lima beans. But TEXMATI rice be da best rice anywhere!

Yay pix! Sounds like a jerk/Italian/Cajun blend. How was that?

Excellent, as usual - try it and let me know your thoughts. But fair warning - we jokingly call this "choke fish" at my house. No, not because you'll choke when eating it, but because the heavy seasonings get in the air while it's cooking. I highly recommend open windows, run the fan on the hood of your stove..... whatever you've got available to move the air - it's worth it.

LOL - I've had a camera, it just usually takes bad pics. Got it when it was new on the market - no user reviews were available at that time. Now if you look at user reviews, all of them rank it great in features (same reason I got it), but sucky pics if the lighting isn't really strong. Last TD I entered, for example, the food actually looked burned - but it wasn't, and I wasn't up to messing with hauling out a ton of lights at that time. So no, I have no intention of posting more meal pics on a regular basis - if the pics turn out okay, fine, otherwise, not. The voters have spoken.

Texmati rice is a brand of basmati rice. It actually smells like popcorn while it's cooking, and if you've only had "plain" white rice before, you'll be surprised how much flavor rice can have if you try it. Most major grocery store chains carry it.

Very nice catfish there!
I'm having my regular spicy snack.
A few cooked snags after being chilled in fridge, chopped up with some hot sauce folded into them.
Too basic for a photo, I'll be making a spicy main soon.... Just trying to decide what?

Nice looking catfish Geeme. I know what you mean about choking whilst blackening. I usually avoid that by blackening mine in the cast iron on the grill.

Now onto the Pho. This is a Vietnamese beef and noodle soup. I don't make it exactly authenic as I cook the beef and the noodles in the soup rather than pouring the boiling broth over top of the raw beef and soaked noodles.

Ingredients:
beef steak sliced thin
Udon noodles
beef broth
mushrooms
thai peppers
jalapeno
sweet onion
green onion
thai basil
lemon grass
cilantro
bean sprouts
bamboo shoots
garlic
ginger
olive oil
lime juice
green chile sauce
spices (whole then ground)
fennel seed
star anise
coriander seed
cinnamon stick
cloves
cardamon
sea salt
black pepper

100_8256.jpg

100_8258.jpg

100_8259.jpg

I'm in one of those moods where you just can't get enough chilli, your happy, excited, completely comfortable.... I know you know this feeling.
I had a lame microwavable pizza with loads of superhot powder. was a nice burn but not really over the top. Now I am having some chocolate, strawberry & vanilla ice cream loaded with "The Chilli Factory"'s "Dragons Blood". Don't use this stuff often, but I felt like it :)

nice burn in this ice cream actually, I'd be interested in knowing what chillies are in dragons blood!
it burns the back half of the mouth roof and the lips.... weird but pleasant burn.

no pics, cause I didn't cook it :P

Damn that looks good.

The pork melted away in your mouth!!
I'll post the recipe soonish.

For now, tonight is my cooking night! YAY!!!

Look what I found!!!
salsa1.jpg

Look how many I have now!
hab1.jpg

Shoved it in a pot!
salsa2.jpg

Reduced it nicely to cook everything through! Blended it up to make a salsa!
I would like to note this is my best ever looking salsa, looks like a real sauce/salsa! /proud
salsa3.jpg

Decided to make chicken vege pie inspired from the "Sargents Chicken and Vegetable Pie"
I decided to stuff mine with loads of that salsa I made.
pie1.jpg

Crap image. result. As you can see there was too much salsa in mine so it made it crap, especially seeing how small the pastry was rolled. Was awesome, pastry needed some work, gotta think about how to flavour pastry....
pie2.jpg

Was good overall, the pie had loads of flavour and the salsa was notably hot, but only just, lots of citrus flavours in there :)

LOL - I've had a camera, it just usually takes bad pics. Got it when it was new on the market - no user reviews were available at that time. Now if you look at user reviews, all of them rank it great in features (same reason I got it), but sucky pics if the lighting isn't really strong. Last TD I entered, for example, the food actually looked burned - but it wasn't, and I wasn't up to messing with hauling out a ton of lights at that time. So no, I have no intention of posting more meal pics on a regular basis - if the pics turn out okay, fine, otherwise, not. The voters have spoken.

Texmati rice is a brand of basmati rice. It actually smells like popcorn while it's cooking, and if you've only had "plain" white rice before, you'll be surprised how much flavor rice can have if you try it. Most major grocery store chains carry it.

I've had that problem in the past w/ my little point and shoot. You'd be shocked what a little hand held LED flashlight will do for your shots.

This was so good and I hope to borrow the camera phone to take pics of the leftovers.

I made meatballs with ground turkey, cayenne powder, basil, Mrs. Dash and for moisture and flavor, Ketchipotle. I cooked them in the microwave, the stove is busted. Reserved the drippings.

I cooked the drippings with the rice. Halfway through cooking I added fresh chopped red onions and jals plus whole grape tomatoes. Also added red pepper flakes, garlic powder and oregano. In the last few minutes I added fresh cilantro and Trader Joe's Habanero and Lime salsa.

Back