• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Yesterday I was thinking it was time to get back to my roots and make something with green chiles. I have been so infatuated with all the new superhot sauces, powders, and purees lately I have been neglecting my original true love...Hatch Green Chiles. So I made a quick trip to the grocery store, and this is what happened. No fancy recipes or long list of ingredients here. I marinated a couple of T-bones and Tri-Tips in Claude's Brisket Marinade for a few hours (cause that's all the time I had), and slapped the goodness on the Weber grill. After the last turn, I covered steaks with some Big Jims. Notice the chiles were just turning red when they were picked...perfect! I measured the big one at 10" after roasting and cutting the stem off. To give this feast a bit of a kick, I added a layer of AJ's Fatalii Pure in between the chile and the meat. Oh yeah...heaven. The salad was covered with ranch dressing sprinkled with Wickedmojo's smoked bhut jalokia powder. So much flavor and goodness, you had to be there. That's how we roll in CA's house.
beer.gif

DSC_5101.jpg

DSC_5102.jpg

DSC_5103.jpg

DSC_5106.jpg

DSC_5108.jpg

CA, WOW!!! If THAT is how you roll in the CA house, then my wife and I are coming over now for you next rock and roll party! That dinner you made defines new levels of awesomeness! :onfire:

I didn't take pics but I did a vegetarian meal for the heck of it. Sweet potatoes, onions, celery, jalepenos, cumin, garlic, and Melinda's Naga Jolokia sauce. Fried to perfection. Good stuff.

Been feeling ucky so I decided to make some spicy chicken soup. The missus wanted me to add some nifty purple carrots we get at the farmers market. Man, these babies are more powerful than beets when it comes to adding color to your meal! Oh yeah, added a crushed dried fatali to help clear the sinuses.

111.jpg

potato hashbrowns with hot sausage and crabmeat topped with poached eggs:

My two favorite foods are without a doubt peppers and potatoes. This morning for breakfast I thought, what could be better than combining them both? Nothing. Obviously I've tried this combo before, but I think I perfected it today. Unfortunately I was so hungry I couldn't waste a second taking a picture.

I chopped up a couple potatoes, a medium sized onion and a couple peppers I had in the freezer- red and orange habaneros. In a skillet I cooked the onions until translucent then added the peppers. Once cooked down, I added the potatoes, let them cook a couple minutes to brown a little before turning.

then I begain searching the fridge in search of something that would make the dish complete. I added a couple dashes of worchestershire sauce, and various spices. I cut up some leftover hot italian sausage and added it to the pan. Then I found some jumbo lump crab meat and added that as well. That would have been pretty darn good if i stopped there, but I didn't.

In a bowl the hash went, looking nice and golden brown, smelling delicious. I poached two eggs, and added it to the bowl. Added some toast for dipping/scooping.

Coupled that with a spicy Bloody Mary, and breakfast was near perfection. :drooling:

Now I just need to remember to take a picture next time...

I decided that since yesterday was the last day of winter, I better make one last pot of soup. This is Habanero Chicken Corn Noodle soup. I stuffed and roasted a chicken, made a roux, sauteed the veggies in the roux, added chicken stock and spices, cooked for an hour then added the noodles.

100_8378.jpg

100_8379.jpg

100_8381.jpg

100_8380.jpg

The habanero gave it a warming heat, but not overwhelming to everyone. I added more heat to mine in the form of sauce and powders.

So for dinner last night it was a wild collision of cultures. Portugeuse chorizo braised in red wine, fresh mozarella, garlic naan bread, a quick fatali pizza sauce, chives and a drizzle of the chorizo's cooking wine reduction. It came out delicious! Just tossed it on the pizza stone for 5 mins @ 350, then swapped to the broiler for another 5.

Before heat
004-3.jpg

After heat with red wine drizzle
006-4.jpg

Deeelicious!

Back