• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Ghetto cold smoker V 1.0. 

Smoked for 2 hours then coated in Walkerswood hot paste and smoked 1 more hour.
P8152665_zps1ueo7vkv.jpg

ProQ smoke generator with Sheoak dust and ground allspice berries.  8 C outside this morning.  True cold smoking.

P8152666_zpscbrqfgqf.jpg

Jerk lollipops with slaw and fries

P8152671_zpskmvvkyom.jpg

If you hadn't told me that you just cold smoked them, I wouldn't have believed it. I still can't. How can that be safe? I mean how do you get the internal temperature high enough that way? I mean, I have heard of cold smoked salmon, and cheese and stuff like that, but not chooks! You had to have finished them in the oven or on the grill right?

With over 70 Scotch Bonnet plants, I've been pulling weekly 5 gal buckets of peppers.or in this case  a bag of Gold....... Enough for sauces...powders......fresh chops............and...

Alright, I didn't fool anyone with this..............................................................Jerk Chicken.......... :lol:

The difference with mine ingredient wise compared to most of the Caribbean joints here in the city...............I go heavy on the spice....it ain't always about the Allspice.

Long story short.........it all gets whip up in the Vitamix...........except the chicken.....of course.............hmmm 

a little breast injection ....

Smoked in the BGE with what little Pimento Chips I had left and some Mesquite.

A couple of Leg/Quarters sided with Red Beans and Pineapple Coconut Rice with mixed Greens and deep fried Festival.

I got my fix....

Wow never seen them or heard of them.

Dam buddy! Nice!

Those enchiladas are dope - look at that sauce!

Seriously ... yum.

After 87+ hrs work, I didn't let a lack of eggs ruin my dinner tonight ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440905132.587500.jpg

taters and onions ... because why not!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440905163.704280.jpg

country ham from JHP ... yes, please ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440905191.056009.jpg

fingers crossed ya'll - trying to not die tonight.

this travelled by mail, vac packed, def probably risky for botulism and friends, lol ...

but seriously, after 87 hrs, death seems like it would be getting a break ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440905323.979857.jpg

shit needs melty goodness ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440905342.964357.jpg

hashbrowns getting all golden-y in Benton's fat ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440905423.136696.jpg

pork mode engaged ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440905457.654275.jpg

sauce check ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440905480.489091.jpg

verified!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440905493.639668.jpg

this one ... always ends up going all extreme ...

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1440905543.825562.jpg

if i die - i died quite satiated!

country ham ... that sauce ... yes, please!

The BGE (Big Green Egg) doesn't care whether you stand them up, tilt'em or lie the food flat...once that lid gets shut and the temp gets regulated (225 F) . It will keep at that temp for hrs,,,,,,in my case 2 hrs for the 2.25"  green curried bone-in pork chops, sweet potatoes and the last few minutes some marinated asparagus with bahamian goat peppers.

Plated up with a glass of one of my favorite Rums......Santa Teresa 1796

smokey and juicy......what little fat just melted like butter

Back