• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

For dinner tonight I decided to make spicy ginger catfish. I started with a massive freshly caught channel catfish. I didn't weigh it, but it was definitely a good 12-15 lbs. I filleted the fish, then cut the fillets into smaller pieces.

I sliced up some fresh ginger, 3 aji pineapple, an onion, a red bell pepper, and some green onions. I cooked all of the veggies and the fish in a sauce made with fish sauce, oyster sauce, and some brown sugar. I forgot to include the oyster sauce in the pic I took of the ingredients, but it is a pretty important part for the sauce.

I also made a rocoto relleno casserrolle, which is fresh rocoto stuffed with queso fresco, which is covered in an egg/milk/cheese batter. It's kind of like a combination of an omellette, and a rocoto popper.

For dessert we ate some leftover rocoto pumpkin pie that I made last night. To make the rocoto pumpking pie, I used a standard pumpkin pie recipe, but I blended/liquified 2 orange rocoto into the evaporated milk, before adding it to the rest of the pumpkin pie filling.

Attachments

• 20151007_174104.jpg
    20151007_174104.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 20151007_183538.jpg
    20151007_183538.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 38
  • 20151007_200328.jpg
    20151007_200328.jpg
    115.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 20151007_200618.jpg
    20151007_200618.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 34
  • 20151007_202722.jpg
    20151007_202722.jpg
    87.8 KB · Views: 41
Nice job that looks delicious Thegreenchilemonster !!! Had a killer fresh caught grouper sandwich tonight!!
I'd definitely put a hurting on that plate! :)

Nice! Grouper sandwiches are delicious! I was introduced to them while I was down in Tampa this Summer. The only fish sandwiches I usually make are beer battered and fried flounder sandwiches, since I live in the NE, and flounder are very plentiful here.

I cooked with fire tonight as always, and decided to snap a couple of pics. Spicy squid teriyaki on the menu.

As you can tell, the ingredients are super simple. Squid, olive oil, garlic, butternut squash, red bell peppers, teriyaki sauce, one fresh peach scorpion, and some of Guatemalan Insanity Pepper's insanity salt.

I fried the squid in some olive oil to get some color, then dumped a generous portion of minced garlic, and one whole minced peach scorpion with the squid and oil. If you want to cook this dish, and are using peach ghost scorpions, use just half of one, instead of a whole one. Unless your spouse can handle the extreme burn. The regular peach scorpions aren't as hot as the peach ghost scorpions. After cooking for 2-3 minutes, I covered in teriyaki sauce, turned down the heat, and let it simmer.

While the squid was cooking, I had already put some cubed butternut squash in the oven, which was dusted with a generous portion of Guatemalan Insanity Pepper's insanity salt.

Once the squid was done, I set it aside to rest, then put the bell peppers in the same pan the squid was in to cook in that fire teriyaki sauce.

After a couple more minutes everything was done.

Attachments

• 20151012_190637.jpg
    20151012_190637.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 32
  • 20151012_215538.jpg
    20151012_215538.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 33
Got off of work late, so I had to whip up something tasty and quick. I used the usual ingredients for thai curry; chicken, coconut milk, potatoes, onions, curry powder, baby corn, and chicken broth. Instead of thai peppers, I used 3 aji limo. I also used 2 massive spoon fulls of Guatemalan Insanity Pepper's amazing Thai powder for the sauce. I poured a couple of glasses of mead to drink while cooking.

It came out well served over a bed of rice, with another glass of mead to wash it down.

Attachments

• 20160108_191925.jpg
    20160108_191925.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 39
  • 20160108_212249.jpg
    20160108_212249.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 37
Just make that, my uncle told me a gulash recipe he heard from someone from Hungary...
But i used sheep, used my spices and filled with spätzles.
And spätzles were made with hulled wheat, because hulled wheat rocks, so i must try that (also someone on the net said that with that wheat consistence is better).

The nice thing it's that it's simple and lightweight. Here:

2.5kg of sheep meat with bones
Wine. A lot. And a really good one here. See pic later.
1kg red onions
A bit of evo to pan fry onions and help spätzles not to stick together.
1kg potatoes
2 Tsp of flour
500g hulled wheat
500g water
paprika
turmeric
cumin
cilantro seeds
sage
salt
a big head of garlic

whool8p.jpg

some juniper berries

Io8i6hh.jpg

Some dried Bishop's Crowns for heat,,, Not all those but some.

So i pan fried onions with all spices after some time, minus garlic and juniper berries with no salt.
GfBRlw4.jpg

Here the tricky part, i don't know if i had undestood well...
Cooked meat alone slowly until it pour out some water, then put 2 Tsp of flour and cooked a bit, before burning.
Then put onions, garlic and juniper berries with meat.

VS79qbZ.jpg

It was quite a sight that stuff.

Dunno if i was right, i cooked a bit more before putting wine:

JmbcWbl.jpg

And i mean a lot:
nFOnDt1.jpg

I used salt after wine.
2L bottle, it was full. Excellent red Tai from last harvest, my uncle (the producer) said it has more or less 13,75 degrees... But it's easier to drink than water.

Making spätzles:
2WwvNCX.jpg

More or less 1:1 on wheat to water weight. A bit more water cause hulled wheat absorbs a lot (and that's great for pizza).

g4qyP9P.jpg

1 kg before cooking.

Cooked meat for 2h and 30mins.
At last 15 mins put potaoes, chopped in 4 pieces.
At last 5 mins put spätzles.

Here when i shut down fire:

Md2vplf.jpg

Now it's getting creamy and more creamy.
I've still to eat that and i can't take a pic later, but it shows a lot of promises!

Back