• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Inspired by D3monics lollys the other day, something I have wanted to try for awhile now.   Tunnel bone the thigh on a chicken quarter and leave it attached.  Wfie wasn't keen on them having spice, so I added flake to mine after the fact. 

e8Npou7.jpg

No pictures sadly but Tuesday I made Thai Basil Chicken with some Large Thai peppers from the garden. Very basic recipe, great flavor, good heat!

Last night was shrimp stir fry with a handful of Aji Pineapples, ginger, garlic, green onion, bell pepper, bean sprouts, and udon noodles. I think pineapples might be my new favorite pepper to cook with... and eat raw.

I'll take pictures of the next thing I cook for sure! Both were too damn good to get a picture of before eating.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
Haqk21L.jpg

Mac 'n' cheese with grilled yellow Jalapeno, Deli Ham, and Cheddar slices

grilled until melty and delicious then opened up real quick and sauced with Shoreriders Smoke'N'Fire sauce

08.02.16%20YUM_zps90fleq5h.jpg

Yum   :D

:cheers:
GIP

Why do I feel like this should have been posted in the CWI thread (cooking while intoxdacated)???  :rofl:

I could hoof down a couple a dem right now.  :cheers:

Was it a clean bite thru on the skin? good render and all that? skin still looks kinda thick . . . .
Ive done these several times and it took acouple runs to figure it out
Better then any wing thats for damn sure
Ashen said:
Inspired by D3monics lollys the other day, something I have wanted to try for awhile now.   Tunnel bone the thigh on a chicken quarter and leave it attached.  Wfie wasn't keen on them having spice, so I added flake to mine after the fact. 

e8Npou7.jpg

Kimchi and pork pot stickers with a lemon drop dipping sauce. These are usually just steamed but i like the pot sticker style.

Simple dipping sauce but this time i added lemon drop since i found another ripe one today.

Low sodium soy
Mirin (sweet sake)
Rice vinegar
Garlic
Toasted sesame oil
Ripe lemon drop.

Warm for a few minutes so the flavors develop and the alcohol cooks off.
P1020193_zpsyety7mgv.jpg

P1020195_zps98abyrtk.jpg

Enchiladas tonight . . .

Barbacoa (beef), Monterey Jack cheese with green onion and Pasilla sauce enchiladas inside white corn tortillas.  Topped with combo Pasilla sauce/enchilada sauce and Monterey Jack cheese.  Quite possibly the favorite enchilada that I've made.

DSC_0768.JPG

buddy said:
Enchiladas tonight . . .

Barbacoa (beef), Monterey Jack cheese with green onion and Pasilla sauce enchiladas inside white corn tortillas.  Topped with combo Pasilla sauce/enchilada sauce and Monterey Jack cheese.  Quite possibly the favorite enchilada that I've made.

attachicon.gif
DSC_0768.JPG

Man, that looks most excelente!

TNKS said:
Was it a clean bite thru on the skin? good render and all that? skin still looks kinda thick . . . .
Ive done these several times and it took acouple runs to figure it out
Better then any wing thats for damn sure

skin was fairly good .  pretty classic weber kettle nicely crisped skin.  hard to tell through that lacquer of  sauce on them in the picture.  four maybe five thin layers of sauce.   THP 's comment on D3monic's lollipops about candy apples inspired an idea to try to get a thick shiny coat on them . 

Back