• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Not really cooked but this is what im having for lunch

Five pepper nachos with bacon. Red Serrano, green lemon drops, NuMex BigJim, ripe super chile and a jalapeno for flavor :D

P1020203_zpsgbdvjqos.jpg

Dough test ......  

still not sure what I will be doing for the TD... pretty much keep a perptetual batch of dough going lately , but it seems to have lost its spring.  started a new batch with a bit of the old in there for flavour. .  Monday maybe for the cook

.    now gotta decide fuel.  oven on CI or kettle using dragons breath lump or  briquettes or anthracite coal bricks

OfM8hKV.jpg

Today is beef curry. Not super spicy though. Mostly vadouvan masala with some Thai red curry and coconut milk. I may skip the Thai and opt for more of a Caribbean heat source.

EDIT:
I went with 2 tbs of Korean pepper flakes for color and flavor. I added a orange hab for some heat but WOW did it add a neat flavor to the curry. The aroma when you first open the lid is great. Its gunna be another 30min or more till the taters are cooked and i can post a pic.

ShowMeDaSauce said:
Today is beef curry. Not super spicy though. Mostly vadouvan masala with some Thai red curry and coconut milk. I may skip the Thai and opt for more of a Caribbean heat source.
Sounds good ...
Ashen said:
Dough test ......  

still not sure what I will be doing for the TD... pretty much keep a perptetual batch of dough going lately , but it seems to have lost its spring.  started a new batch with a bit of the old in there for flavour. .  Monday maybe for the cook

.    now gotta decide fuel.  oven on CI or kettle using dragons breath lump or  briquettes or anthracite coal bricks

OfM8hKV.jpg
Nice ...

I had no idea until the other day, how legit both CI/CS pizza is, and also par-baking the crust ...

I think this method would be preferable for my dessert pizza ... I think the par-baking really shines on non-moz&sauce pies ...

I have the Lodge CS pan that's pretty generous in diameter, and I can get it pretty damn hot on a portable Iwatani burner, I think ...

We'll find out. If it's not in the TD, it'll be in my FLOG ... success or fail.

ShowMeDaSauce said:

EDIT:
I went with 2 tbs of Korean pepper flakes for color and flavor. I added a orange hab for some heat but WOW did it add a neat flavor to the curry. The aroma when you first open the lid is great. Its gunna be another 30min or more till the taters are cooked and i can post a pic.

I am sure you remember when you signed up to THP...

"Posting Food Pics" page 4, article 621, paragraph 5, line 11, "No pics, didn't happen".  :lol:

Oh my  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  :censored:  God!

That looks KILLER! Some toasted Naan with it? You rocked that curry bro.

I am with you on the rice, I ONLY eat Jasmine and/or Basmati. I hate all other rices but I love those two.

Back