• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Kalbi, stir fried bok choy done on the weber with rice. Flake, some huy fong sriracha and garlic chili sauce are the spicy.

Attachments

• _20180225_210625.JPG
    _20180225_210625.JPG
    131.5 KB · Views: 56
Ashen said:
Kalbi, stir fried bok choy done on the weber with rice. Flake, some huy fong sriracha and garlic chili sauce are the spicy.

I love kalbi ribs

Here in America the grocery stores call them flanken style short ribs.

Like shoe leather on the grill without marination.

Like cuddling with no sex.

Give it some asian love spice....

Some shoyu and sugar....

And marinade for 24 hours minimum....

Grill and serve to the one you love.

After that...

You will cuddle together.

And you'll sleep in the wet spot.

Proudly.

Happily.

ShowMeDaSauce said:

Use Asian or Bosc pear puree too. Very similar to a bulgogi marinade.

Similar hell.

Pears would make an excellent base for fruity without too much sweetness.

I'ma steal your pear suggestion and in 6 months I'll post something claiming the idea was mine.

Because.

THP.

The Internets.

Beer.

I don't reckon bulgogi...

Asian cooking...

Hungarian cooking...

Any style of cooking ....

Is all that confined by rules, myths, and overall bigdickness.

Except for one 'thang.

Chili.

No beans.

I'ma steal your pear suggestion and in 6 months I'll post something claiming the idea was mine

I could take the credit but its a commonly used ingredient for Korean BBQ marinade. :D

Bulgogi just isnt bulgogi without it. Some like it with kalbi too but its not a deal breaker. Its still kalbi or galbi because thats just Korean for ribs. :p

the asian pear isn't just for flavour..   similar   to how papaya and pineapple contain papain and bromelain respectively, asian pear also has an enzyme that breaks down protein to tenderize. 

Flanken cut is easy to get here but you can  also just butterfly a short rib instead.  
this guy does a really nice job of butterflying it out . 

wow technique in this one is even better. 

Asian pear also has an enzyme that breaks down protein to tenderize

True but galbi is actually served both "seasoned" and unseasoned". One of my favorite Korean place offers it and pork belly both ways. The flavor in unmistakable though in bulgogi and i find it very addictive. A Chinese buffet i loved served what they called House Special Beef. The owner was Chinese but he was a cook for a long time in Korea. His "special beef" was remarkably similar to bulgogi. He would just smile when i mentioned it and bring me some kimchi. :D

yangnyeom-galbi is marinated ribs
saeng-galbi is fresh ribs

I really prefer the marinated. I find the sweetness compliments the kimchi and vice-versa. I will literally eat myself almost to the point of being sick on Korean BBQ.

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
= meatsauce...  which is great for topping a hotdog or a brat, or a bowl of noodles, or ladled over a Jalapeno-Cornbread muffin Mmmmmm :drooling: 
 But it's not "Chili"  :lol:

:seeya:
Being from Texas, Im not SUPPOSED to like or put beans in my chili. But I love pinto beans so sometime I do and sometimes I dont. My chili or meatsauce for dogs and Frito pie I now have is a completely different and bean free recipe. It is not the kind of chili Id expect to eat from a bowl.

The Count said:
Being from Texas, Im not SUPPOSED to like or put beans in my chili. But I love pinto beans so sometime I do and sometimes I dont. My chili or meatsauce for dogs and Frito pie I now have is a completely different and bean free recipe. It is not the kind of chili Id expect to eat from a bowl.

SWAT is on standby as a judge is being presented with evidence by a no beans hard core DA.

Expect them soon to be carrying out that warrant for your arrest.

I had a friend.

He made a pastrami on rye sammich with cheapass american cheese slices and no kraut and called it a Reuben.

He's doing ten to fifteen in Leavenworth.

I once dated a gal that served me tofu tacos.

He's still in jail.

She's in line to be the next mayor of San Francisco.

America.

Land of the free.

Home of the WTH?

Back