• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Today being Sunday I mixed up a batch of burgers & cranked up the BBQ for lunch - My standard burger with cos lettuce & sliced vine toms & this time a Tablespoon of Stillmanz no-label "3-Punch"

Was sooo good I did it again for dinner

IMHO one of the best sauces ever made.

Bent my friend...you saying that about Stilly's sauce (knowing how good yours are) is a big two thumbs way up! Now I have burgers on the brain.
Cheers, TB.

me too. I just made some myself, with a homemade sauce. It is mesquite smoked Thai Dragons and Jalapenos with vinegar, lime juice, salt, pepper, cumin, and honey. What a great sauce and really good on burgers.

judimac said:
Gosh I'm an amateur compared to you lot! I put dried chillis in nearly everything (except cheesecake) but over here we have cayenne powder, but Hab powder?

Hab powder ROCKS!!!!:onfire::D.......Now to make a Naga Morich or Jalokia powder:hell::lol:

Made garlic crust Pepperoni Pizza...adding:

• Mushrooms
  • Onions
  • Red and Green Jalapenos sliced
  • THSC NagaSav Sauce
  • Garlic Pepper/Chipotle Powder

Baked it up, then when about done, topped with Pepper Jack and more chipotle powder...back in to meltyness.

Was tasty. :D

Now I'm making Teriyaki marinated thin cut Ribeyes since I had extra veggies out anyways. ;)

Seared 'em quick on both sides in a pan then put on Onions, Mushrooms, a few Jalapenos slices I had left over from Pizza, Rosemary, Jalapeno/Garlic powder, lots of black pepper and also using watered down SBPR and El Yacateco XXXhot Aztec Hab sauce as liquid. (whew)

S6300902.JPG

(sorry for blurry..steam really messes up focus)

Now just slow-cooking it 'til it's fall apart good.

Daddy's gonna have a nice steak breakfast burrito tomorrow...oh yeah... :twisted:

Oh yeah..I just cut one of 'em in half...with a plastic spatula. W00t!

S6300904.jpg

Gonna be awesome gravy from the juices too..good thing I just bought 15lbs of Russet Potatos too. :)

*update*

I just took it off and let cool/set for awhile. It's as fork-tender as pulled pork...except it's VERY spicy primo Ribeye. Frell Yeah...

The last spicy meal I cooked for my coworkers was quite hilarious. I'm from New Orleans living in Northern Virginia, so I treat the guys to some good cooking once in a while. When cooking jambalaya I use to use about a cup of cayenne for a 9qt pot. It was always just right for me but a bit spicy for them.

When I started thinking about opening a business selling hot sauce, I wanted to post a recipe page. I wanted the recipe to be rather simple but quite enjoyable.

Anyway, I have a recipe for jambalaya using my VooDoo Ash. Mind, the spice has a lil bite but very little. The recipe calls for 1/8 for a 9qt pot. That is nothing!. So, I made this and accompanied it with my jalepeno corn bread. Ya gotta love the South. LOL One of the guys thought the jambalaya was WAY too spicy. He was throwing this lil girlie fit when he grabbed the corn bread thinking he was gonna suppress the heat. I guess he wasn't listening when I told the guys what was in it. Boy was it hilarious watching him run around looking for something to drink.

That sounds awesome cajunheat. I love jambalaya. Gumbo too. Well pretty much all Cajun and Creole cooking. I was in Shreveport last year and ate my fill for a week! Best sausage gravy and bisquits I've had too. I'm lucky enough to have a Cajun restaurant around the corner owned/operated by the nephew of Paul Prudhomme.

oh man that looks good..seafood here is limited since im the onluy one here that can enjoy it mind you I have about 8 lbs of tigerprawn in my freezer hehehehe

chipotle/bih powder...good lord.

I powder a pod I had w/ some chipotles adn red peppr powder for filler....wow...

like a bomb in yer mouth.

I cant tell ya how hot that stuff is eating a dab of powder. Natch, I had to wet a finger and try it..OMG.

Bih powder is liek an acid trip mang...holy feck. I cant evem ex[plain how hot taht is. Mother of Frell, thats liek a nail through the toungue.

I have tears streaming down my face..and fuk that's hot.
Owww...I like it.

Glad I planted 12 more Bih..

Ya have my word Neil,.I'll eat one of every kind you gave me..but..those Bih and Dorset..were stripped to one leaf and sun scalded to near-oblivion b4 I got 'em....you have any idea how hot they will be now?

Good lord. Im a ded man, lol.

Muther, that Bih is hot. I'll make the world's first Bih puree. And eat it.

If ya never ate a Bih, you can't understand. It's just not normal.

Frell, Im scared of my Bih now m8..it got all it's leaves gone, sun roasted to almst nothing..one leaf nto counting te first. Now iut's coming bak..der god..how hot is that pepepr gonna be...perhaps the hottest pepper even grown.

I'll do it though.

-QS

ill send ya some more Bih, get some o the seeeds cranking and keeep the Bih addiction happening, they are great and as ya know my Fav followed closely by the Fatali

i can feeel a Bih and Fatali Pizza attack coming :onfire:

theHippySeedCo said:
ill send ya some more Bih, get some o the seeeds cranking and keeep the Bih addiction happening, they are great and as ya know my Fav followed closely by the Fatali

i can feeel a Bih and Fatali Pizza attack coming :onfire:

I've got a bhut, but not a bih. I may have to look for some of those seeds later too:D Also, Quadshots I love the description. Very intersting:lol:

Canuk Pepperhead said:
Nice man ya officially mare hungry there lol..Today was the first time I had the ring of fire from a salad lol

Yeah, I'd say I'm not going to be hungry for the next few hours though:lol:. In your Defcon 1 chicken caesar salad did you leave out the caesar dressing and just use Defcon 1? Sounds kind of interesting. I may have to try this ring of fire salad!:hell::lol:

There was a bit of dressing because I thought of the defcon 1 after but I doused the defcon one on really good and mixed her up All I tasted was defcon 1..next time Im going to make it with just defcon one and keep the dressing for the wife lol :hell:

Back