• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

Today at lunch I will be having a pepper jack cheese burger with sliced up Ring-of-Fire Cayennes and Puriras (freshly picked from the garden) with ground hot pepper powder (Dave's Zesty Blend) and three different types of lettuce (also freshly picked from the garden).

Hillbilly Chili said:
Still pickn from the garden......wow, cant even imagine.
I know! The only peppers that kept producing through the winter were the Cayennes, Puriras, Jalapenos, Tepins, and Piquins. Well, that and all of the rest of produce (lettuce, broccoli, etc).

Today
Breakfast = 2 refried bean and cheese burritos with a spoonful of Chuk Hell's Magic Blend #2.
Lunch = Tortilla chips with my wife's homemade jalapeno salsa.
Supper = Scrambled eggs with the last of my Blue's protoype hab sauce ;) , and bacon with CaJohn's Fire Dust.

Your meals sound like mine Cap'n, lunch for Breakfast, breakfast for supper....No rhyme or reason other than thats what I wanted at the time...

Cap said:
Lunch [/B]= Tortilla chips with my wife's homemade jalapeno salsa.
Supper = Scrambled eggs with the last of my Blue's protoype hab sauce :( , and bacon with CaJohn's Fire Dust.

Hey Cap'n:

My initial runs of Blue's Babanero Reserve will be done out of the house until I can test run with my co-packer. (5 hour drive each way). I'm FDA approved. I'm sitting on lots of 5 oz woozies, caps, shrink bands and a whole heck of a lot of ingredients. I'm at the mercy of my label designer. She is good,but slow. I would love to start selling the sauce, but feel that I need to wait on the label. Also, I have a deal worked out with Jim at mild to wild peppers. He gets the very first case, numbered and signed.

Hopefully soon!!!!!!

Blue's

Leftover steak and potato's, sliced and sauteed with red bell peppers, red and green onions, jalapeno's. All mixed up in the pan while the tortilla chomal browns a flour tortilla with melted gorgonzola cheese. Spash on some Cholula and roll the whole shibang together. A veritable cacophony of succulent yet spicy flavors. Yummy.

[quote name='Blue's']Hey Cap'n:

My initial runs of Blue's Babanero Reserve will be done out of the house until I can test run with my co-packer. (5 hour drive each way). I'm FDA approved. I'm sitting on lots of 5 oz woozies, caps, shrink bands and a whole heck of a lot of ingredients. I'm at the mercy of my label designer. She is good,but slow. I would love to start selling the sauce, but feel that I need to wait on the label. Also, I have a deal worked out with Jim at mild to wild peppers. He gets the very first case, numbered and signed.

Hopefully soon!!!!!!

Blue's[/quote]

It's good stuff...I'll be gettin more! No more ketchup for me.

two days ago, bro and I after finishing off an east coast trade show then hit a place that served us with a huge deep-fried habanero with a mango peach sauce (not usually my sort of thing but it was actually good, and really hot)

I followed up with a meant to be hot (not) chicken po-boy that I most certainly added real heat to and my bro had some killer catfish also with our personal "added heat"... darn good meal for both of us and hotter than hell!

A bottle went on their "wall of fire" nice and EZ and my bro and I had our first real decent meal in a week... not to mention the fact that they even picked up the tab...

Next time we eat the spicey stuff though... I'm making him get his own room afterwards! Next food show will be in PDX in about a month or so... maybe see ya while there Angry Pep... later folks, take care...

kuz... son of EZ

had pizza last night. munched on some hot red pods and a home grown hab washed down with a few icy cold brews. my wife just shakes her head and doesn't understand how I can taste what I'm eating - but I can.

texas blues said:
Leftover steak and potato's, sliced and sauteed with red bell peppers, red and green onions, jalapeno's. All mixed up in the pan while the tortilla chomal browns a flour tortilla with melted gorgonzola cheese. Spash on some Cholula and roll the whole shibang together. A veritable cacophony of succulent yet spicy flavors. Yummy.

I make burritos like that all the time. My favorite use of leftover steak...and a great way to use what ever leftovers are hanging out in the fridge.

chilliman64 said:
had pizza last night. munched on some hot red pods and a home grown hab washed down with a few icy cold brews. my wife just shakes her head and doesn't understand how I can taste what I'm eating - but I can.

Yeah, I had pizza last night as well. Used CaJOHn "10" NAGA sauce as the actual pizza sauce. :hell: I will try and post pics tomorrow if I can figure out how.

I did a Lamb Vindaloo with extra curry powder, hot paprika and a fresh diced Hab. Cooked on low for 2 hours. I sweated for an hour. For afters i hollowed out a Hab from the top and filled it with melted 70% dark chocolate, let it set in fridge then sliced it into disks & layered it on top of Vanilla ice cream scoops.. looking for a name for that dessert, any thoughts?

bentalphanerd said:
I did a Lamb Vindaloo with extra curry powder, hot paprika and a fresh diced Hab. Cooked on low for 2 hours. I sweated for an hour. For afters i hollowed out a Hab from the top and filled it with melted 70% dark chocolate, let it set in fridge then sliced it into disks & layered it on top of Vanilla ice cream scoops.. looking for a name for that dessert, any thoughts?
Cold heat or Screamin' Ice

For lunch yesterday I had a burger with Danny Cash's Naga Saki, and for dinner I have a burger with CaJohn's 10.

Back