• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

just made some pork chops and vegetable stir fry.

i used dave's ultimate insanity sauce with some onion and garlic powder to marinade one, the other was done in a combination of sesame oil, hoisin sauce, soy sauce, brown sugar, onion powder, rice wine, and some minced garlic with juice (scooped it out of a jar). got them both going in separate pans with some sesame oil then added in some broccoli and shredded carrots..the other vegetables i had were in a questionable state and got the boot.

it didn't take long for everyone in the room to start coughing. :lol: i did a little eventually..but at least i was standing right over the stuff cooking it. this girl came over after it had all been eaten and i was just finishing up the dishes and she has been coughing here and there since she got here. :lol:

it was damn good and i wish i had more! a nice spice for sure. i can still feel it tingling in my stomach.

bentalphanerd said:
F1 was great...Lewis Hamilton is a name you should get used to. at 22 yrs old in his first GP he outbraked Alonso into 1st corner and sat in 2nd for most of race, ended 3rd after a pit mishap. Very talented driver. Kimi Raikkonen won in his debut with ferarri...he almost cracked a smile.
Can't get over how the 2.4 litre v8's using less fuel are getting to within half a second of lap times done by the 3.5 litre v12's few years ago.

yea, i am not familiar with hamilton. i haven't been able to really watch any of the races for a few years since we don't have speed channel. we're thinking of upgrading or tv channels.

i wish this country was more into better racing...if they want to play nascar, fine..just play some other racing too! PLEASE!

xgrafcorex said:
yea, i am not familiar with hamilton. i haven't been able to really watch any of the races for a few years since we don't have speed channel. we're thinking of upgrading or tv channels.

i wish this country was more into better racing...if they want to play nascar, fine..just play some other racing too! PLEASE!

Dont know what the story is with TV - we get the F1 here on free to air - Live...here that means most races are shown at 2 or 3 am on Monday morning. I've read where F1 has more viewers than world cup soccer & super bowl combined so it makes no sense not to show it & yet we get endless football & replays of golf. Anyway - being a nerd I've hooked up an old pc to the tv this year to record the races to hard-drive (on timer) ...could probably post off a dvd.

Oh & the stir fry sounded great too :lol:

Dinner Tonight

I stopped by the store on the way home and stumbled across a sale on scallops. So, I grabbed some zucchinis and yellow squash, and some hot cherry peppers and onions with shish kabobs in mind.

I dumped the scallops into some hot pepper oil I made last year to marinate and started chopping the veggies. Turns out the peppers are sweet cherry peppers, not hot, so I dragged out some Caribbean Reds that I had cheesed for poppers last year but never got around to breading and stuffed them into the cherry peppers.

I'll let the scallops marinate a while longer, and once on the grill I'll brush on a little Italian oil.

So, what are you having for dinner?

I wish I was having shish kabob scallops marinated in pepper oil with cherry peppers stuffed with Caribbean Reds and maybe a nice bottle of wine...

yummo!

Left over chicken breats with EZ Earl's sauce...hey, wait, don't we have a "What was the last spicey meal you had" thread already?

today's lunch, or, ever put too much chile in your food?

Six(ish) Alarm Two Minute Noodles

two packets of Maggi two minute noodles (beef flavour)
half a cup of frozen corn and peas
big splash of soy sauce
big splash of teriyaki sauce
two (fresh) chopped jalapenos
one (fresh) chopped habanero - seeds included of course
6 vigorous shakes each of hab powder, Spontaneous Combustion powder, and Yellow Fatalii powder
half a teaspoon of Rub From Hell mix (name amended via edit)
couple of teaspoons of home made hab sauce liberally enhanced with Mega Death

make noodles according to recipe on packet. while simmering place remaining ingredients in your bowl and mix well. when noodles are cooked, drain and add to bowl, mixing well.

I'm eating it whilst typing and yes it's very hot! tasty too! being bald, my gauge for hotness is whether the top of my head gets sweaty while eating - yes it is. :shocked:

chilliman64 said:
I wish I was having shish kabob scallops marinated in pepper oil with cherry peppers stuffed with Caribbean Reds and maybe a nice bottle of wine...

yummo!

*burp* It was delish, only I went with a beer rather than wine. I tried Rogue's Monk Madness Ale. It was...not what I expected. I thought it would be a Abby-type ale, but it was more like a nut brown ale with a sweet Abby-ish finish. What I kept thinking as I drank it was that it would probably benefit from being allowed to work in the bottle for a year or so.

Pam said:
*burp* It was delish, only I went with a beer rather than wine. I tried Rogue's Monk Madness Ale. It was...not what I expected. I thought it would be a Abby-type ale, but it was more like a nut brown ale with a sweet Abby-ish finish. What I kept thinking as I drank it was that it would probably benefit from being allowed to work in the bottle for a year or so.

A nice spring ale or an IPA would have worked nicely

Pam said:
...I went with a beer rather than wine. I tried Rogue's Monk Madness Ale. It was...not what I expected. I thought it would be a Abby-type ale, but it was more like a nut brown ale with a sweet Abby-ish finish. What I kept thinking as I drank it was that it would probably benefit from being allowed to work in the bottle for a year or so.

WTF? how can you write so much about the flavour of beer? it's just beer!!! and what is an 'Abby-ish finish' exactly ;) ?

two more questions:
how many Abby-ish ales did you have?
how soon after consuming them did you leave your last post Pam?

I think there's some connection... ;) :lol:

chilliman64 said:
WTF? how can you write so much about the flavour of beer? it's just beer!!!

Bite your tongue! There is no such thing as "just beer", unless you're swilling equine urine which is made to be spewed up as fast as it's guzzled down.

and what is an 'Abby-ish finish' exactly ;) ?

*haughty sniff* How does one explain pearls to the swine?

two more questions:
how many Abby-ish ales did you have?
how soon after consuming them did you leave your last post Pam?

1. One
2. About 15 hours.

I think there's some connection... ;) :lol:

Yes, well, you probably think Elvis is living on a remote tropical isle with 27 willing and nubile sex slaves, and waiting for just the right moment to make his big come back.

LUCKYDOG said:
A nice spring ale or an IPA would have worked nicely

I'm not a big IPA fan, I don't care for the heavy hoppy taste. Haven't had a decent Maibock in ages, though.

nice, sounds like we have a new contributor to the beer review thread. :lol: you should try non american ipas..many of them are not quite as hoppy as the american ones.

earlier i had a couple chicken salad sandwiches with some ultimate insanity sauce mixed in. right now i'm just having a snack..a few chicken fingers with some of ez earl's blazin hot stuff. ;)

Pam said:
I'm not a big IPA fan, I don't care for the heavy hoppy taste. Haven't had a decent Maibock in ages, though.

Im not much for the malty beers perhaps a Golden or Blonde ale
also a Hefe Weizen

xgrafcorex said:
nice, sounds like we have a new contributor to the beer review thread.

I like quality beer, but I don't really have the vocabulary down well enough to be comfortable writing serious reviews.

:P you should try non american ipas..many of them are not quite as hoppy as the american ones.

Ah, but I'm a bit of fanatic for supporting the US microbrew industry. South Carolina has always been the Land of Stupid and Oppressive Beer Laws, so getting decent beer is tough. The microbreweries have eased that just enough to make some decent beers available, so I give them all the support I can.

chilliman64 wrote sounds like we have an aristocrat in our midst

Ha! Worse than that, you have a Southern woman in your midst.

Luckydog wrote: Im not much for the malty beers perhaps a Golden or Blonde ale also a Hefe Weizen

More malty beers for me, than. I've really come to prefer the porters and stouts.

the other night i made some tacos. i cheated and used one of those taco seasoning packets, but i also added more crushed and ground red pepper to that. diced up some onions and habaneros (jalapenos the next night) and stirred them into the beef once it was browned. shredded some lettuce and cheated with some canned diced tomatoes. put some jalapeno pepper jack cheese on before the veggies, then topped it all off with a nice dose of marcos hot sauce. it was great! my roommates loved it too.

i threw the rest of the ground beef in the freezer since i went out of town for the weekend, but i moved it into the fridge to thaw last night. going to make the rest of that tonight. can't wait!

I made some homemade jerk seasoning and then pan fried some tenders . I also made 2 different kinds of mango habanero sauce for it, one vinegary, one sweet. I found all the recipes on the net and the jerk chicken & sweet mango sauces were awesome, but i wasn't a big fan of the vinegary one. My girlfriend was impressed :mouthonfire:

Back