• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

TV Snacking

OK this is more a snack than a meal & more a method than a recipe...but bear with me a min.

I've been checking out all these brands of chilli tuna on the market. In the small 95g (3 1/3 ounce) tins. Some of the asian ones were fantastic, but settled on a generic brand for $1 a tin & each tin has what seems to be an inferno pod in it.

Anyway, slap that on a few plain crackers & the steam is soon coming from my ears - To take the heat back a bit I chose more beer, and then I found a jar of 'Spanish Anchovy Stuffed Olives'..chew on a few of them - the oil helps take the burn off your tongue & the saltiness of the anchovy, well it just has you gulping more beer.:hell:

I polish it off with a sweet gherkin - cleans the pallet. After another gulp of beer I'm ready to start the process all over again. Hell of a way to spend an evening.:lol:

Not ashamed to say this is a nightly ritual for me..i'm eating it now :mouthonfire:

any meal that includes some hot chillies and gives you an excuse to drink more beer is ok by me!

tonight I had a Woolworths ham and pineapple pizza (my beautiful chilliwoman is away for a few days with work so I have to fend for myself - luckily I happen to love pizza). I smothered it with Yellow Fatalii powder, added some light cheddar cheese and voila! it was excellent! the Fatalii is a top notch pepper and went well with the pizza. naturally I had several icy cold Stella Artois' to help soothe the burn!

Woolworths is where I get my chilli tuna from - 'Select' is their home brand. There's no substitute for quality hey :mouthonfire:

Where do you get your Fatalii powder?

I bought it from Primo, he's a site member on here - drop him a line if you're interested in some as I know he has more, might get some more off him myself, it's excellent stuff. he's a really honourable guy to deal with too. I got some Fatalii and Naga seeds off him also - yeehar - come on Springtime!!!

he he - was just reading that thread when you posted. Stoopid customs. I know when I send my seeds out they go inside a christmas card from 'B.A.Nerd'...no problems so far although LUCKYDOG's still waiting.

bentalphanerd said:
he he - was just reading that thread when you posted. Stoopid customs. I know when I send my seeds out they go inside a christmas card from 'B.A.Nerd'...no problems so far although LUCKYDOG's still waiting.

The Siam has sprouted rather quickly standing nearly an 1.5",
thats 3.5cm for our metric friends, **sigh** they grow so fast
The pequins are growing well too Jon, I have one that is the tallest in its class -- nearly 6" or 15.2cm -- just waiting for my Habs -- second generation and nothing yet still early

There is a kinda of a wing cook off that is coming at a friends restaurant called what else a Wing Ding restaurants in the area bring there hottest or tastiest unusual wings there for a bit of a competition. My wife talked to our friend and he said he doesn't know who is drawing more people the wings or people wanting to see me eat the wings :mouthonfire: There is one place that claims if you can eat 12 you get $100 -- after one or two you dont feel the pain so... pay up should be interesting as long as they dont taste like shit I dont want something that is purely extract ...

I have never tried whip cream in a can to ease the heat or milk its just beer but if I am going for the long haul I dont want to puss out :shocked: :D

So, I made the ginger-mango-habanero sauce, and while it tastes good, it doesn't look so pretty. I used in on a rather boring chicken stir fry lat night, though, and it livened it up right nicely. I did use two habs instead of one, and I will probably use three if I make it again.

LUCKYDOG said:
The Siam has sprouted rather quickly standing nearly an 1.5",
thats 3.5cm for our metric friends, **sigh** they grow so fast
The pequins are growing well too Jon, I have one that is the tallest in its class -- nearly 6" or 15.2cm -- just waiting for my Habs -- second generation and nothing yet still early

My 2nd generation Siam are about 6" high...and theres grandkids already :mouthonfire: I'll send you a pic when they're the right color.

eating right now...just cooked some jalapeno sausage (hillshire farms) with a bunch of diced jalapenos and onions. fried them in some extra virgin olive oil, topped with my mom's blend of spices (not hot, but delicious!) with a little dave's ultimate insanity sauce mixed in for good measure. for a side, i just heated up some baked beans. has throughly cleaned out my sinuses and had my roommates coughing and their noses running from across the living room/kitchen. :mouthonfire:

imaguitargod said:
TOp Roman(sp?) with Scotty B's Devil Drool...mmmm...
Ok, just popped two Imodium AD's and spent nearly an hour on the toilet...something in that didn't agree with me...

LUCKYDOG said:
You must take a picture for me and post it! I want to see my plant's children! I'm really glad those seeds worked out for you. Have you gotten any pepeprs yet? So far the plant I got those off of is at 9 feet (this'll be it's second year). I'm on my way to the world record!

imaguitargod said:
Ok, just popped two Imodium AD's and spent nearly an hour on the toilet...something in that didn't agree with me...

You must take a picture for me and post it! I want to see my plant's children! I'm really glad those seeds worked out for you. Have you gotten any pepeprs yet? So far the plant I got those off of is at 9 feet (this'll be it's second year). I'm on my way to the world record!

Still quite cool here and indoors so no peppers yet the threat of frost is coming to an end - so I am hoping for second gear to kick in -- I will take pics soon :)

last night's dinner:
turkey, cranberry, avocado, cheese, sliced hab on thick cut loaf with sesame and poppy seeds - toasted... mmmmmmmm...

Was invited along for dinner and an overnight stay in a mansion in Noosa with some I.T yuppies from Melbourne last w/end. Place was on the water front (canal estate) & looked like something out of miami vice with all white marble, indoor pool & palm trees growing inside the house, a bathroom every 10 feet. I was feeling a little out of place:
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]
my.php
[/URL][/IMG]

Then dinner time came around & we all sat down & the hostess announced to all of the frighteningly straight guests that the blender had broken and that she had to manually chop all the ingredients, but she had found these "cute little mini capsicums (bell peppers in the other language)at the local markets & hoped we liked them"

I looked into my meal when it arrived & yup, nicely cubed habs in the chicken stir-fry...and a half dozen unsuspecting stuffed shirts sitting around the table. Took about 20 seconds for them all to start wheezing, then they were trying to put it out with white wine.

If I could have kept a straight face I could have sold my cold beers for $10 a bottle ;)

I marinated some chicken in Huvason's Fat Kid Sauce the other night and browned it then cut it into about 1 inch pieces and stir fryed it. I tossed it with some penne pasta with a mushroom alfredo sauce. Not really too hot, but absolutely great flavor.

Back