• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

That looks great TB!

Here's my Hoagie, it's tonight's snack for while watching Animation Domination.. ;-)

S6302428.JPG

Whole wheat hoagie bun, with mayo, fresh sliced orange habs & red jalapenos, sweet pickle, onions, stone ground mustard, smoked deli turkey, turkey bacon, mozz, and cheddar. Sprinkled with Hot 'n Smokey Chile powder I bought that has some extract in it for that eXtra kick. :D

I needed tomato and lettuce too, but oh well, eh?

-QS

All this bacon talk made me make a snack. Bacon sandwiches. Simple, just bacon, American cheese, mayo and potato rolls. I know that's not spicy, but my stomach is already churning from the steak quesadillas I made with 7-pods, jalapenos, red bell, red onion, pepperjack, and sour cream (after cooked on top).

JayT said:
All this bacon talk made me make a snack. Bacon sandwiches. Simple, just bacon, American cheese, mayo and potato rolls. I know that's not spicy, but my stomach is already churning from the steak quesadillas I made with 7-pods, jalapenos, red bell, red onion, pepperjack, and sour cream (after cooked on top).

I just left you on the other thread 10 seconds ago...post whore!!

Cheers, TB.

texas blues said:
Dude..already thought of that! Either the baconaise or wasabi mayo. Decisions desicions.

Cheers, TB.
Oh yeah man I used to make salmon burgers with wasabi mayo and watercress on a sprout roll. Talk about good. I'd also use some of my old sweet hot sauce I used to make and it was also perfect.

Made sausage balls yesterday and had leftovers tonight.

You can find recipes for sausage balls anywhere (here is one), but as I'm in Germany, I had to make my own breakfast sausage, and of course I made everything much hotter! I used this sausage recipe, but added a heaping teaspoon of bhut jolokia powder. (Found at Gewürz Depot in Regensburg for you Germans, if interested.)

Mixed up the sausage, Bisquik and cheese, added some chopped jalapeno and some chopped habanero, and baked. After they were mostly done, I put some ketchup/bhut jolokia mixture on top of each ball and baked some more until the balls were golden brown and the ketchup concoction was just barely starting to darken.

They came out awesome! Sorry I have no pics this time. The way I made them, they taste like cheesy bread-y meatloaf bites, but with some serious kick!

Ah, I can't wait until I visit Texas again in a couple of weeks... Jalapenos here are 28 euro per kilogram. Back home they're less than a dollar a pound.

- E

T-bone in the broiler. Yes I'm single. Alas, the art of broiling will live on through me. Seasoned with my one and only dry rub. Wish I had a picture for you all. I can't forget the baked potato and green beans. Dam it was good.

I just finished some Chettinad Rozhi (Yogurt-Marinated Chicken). This has been, by far, the spiciest dish I've made so far. So much so that I could see through time. Except the only thing I could see was me regretting the fact that I'm somewhat lactose intolerant. I scaled the recipe down so it only had two dried Red Indian chili's (with seeds), 3 ml's of black pepper corns and 1 serrano (seeds in) cut into 4 strips. You grind up the dried chili and peppercorns to spread the heat. My g/f said it made her lips numb and her stomach burn :). Either way, the pic below is the chicken with rice and some Naan bread.

The Recipe can be found HERE in the meals section.

ChettinadRozhi002.jpg

Neil

Back