• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

quad - the hoggie is looking good.

TB - well what can I say, looks great
thumbsup2.gif

blister - looking good but whats naan bread ?

thehotpepper.com said:
Awesome! I hope that's Basmati rice.

IS THEre any other kind of rice!? :lol:

chilehunter said:
quad - the hoggie is looking good.
blister - looking good but whats naan bread ?

Naan is a dense flat bread that's made in a clay tandoor oven. It's often served alongside spicy indian dishes in restaurants. Although it's often thought of as a daily Indian bread, it's not mainly because it requires a clay tandoor to make. Once the dough is ready, it is thrown against the inside wall of the oven to cook. There are different kinds, but it's all generally referred to as Naan.

Other than that, it's nothing short of fantastic with butter chicken, black pepper chicken, and the dish I made tonight. I love it heated with a bit of butter. Look for it in the breads section some time. You may luck out and find some Tandoori Naan, Garlic Naan, or even plain Naan.

Neil

Yummy stuff blister!

Here's my snack for watching TV tonight.

1/3 pound of sirloin burger w/ mixed in minced onion, garlic powder, S&P, and lots of hab powder.

Cooked with my own BBQ sauce and topped with some red jalapenos.

After burger was done, poured off ALMOST all of the grease..left a lil sticking to the pan to brown up the 9-grain bread.

Added my Habby-Baconnaise and minced hamburger dills to one piece of the toasted bread. The other side got cheese and a swipe with some Fire Foods Reserve Naga Sauce.

A bit of lettuce, and voila...

S6302483.JPG

S6302491.JPG

Served with crinkle fries and ketchup.

Nom Nom Nom... :-)

I won't call this a bowl of chili for fear of being hounded off this site, but it is my version of, just the way i like it:

chilli1003.jpg

1kg minced beef
2 jars tomato cooking sauce
2 cans diced tomatoes
1 large brown onion
1/2 head of garlic
1 red capsicum
1 green capsicum
2 cans red kidney beans(i know, i know)
A few handfuls of sliced mushrooms
6 orange habaneros
1 dried naga
Salt & Pepper
Dried oregano
Shitload of ground cumin seeds
Good helping of Paprika
Nice sprinkling of Cayenne Pepper
Et viola

I have never used the naga before, usually put in a handful of birds eyes but Neil from THSC
sent me some in a wee baggie when i bought some seeds and a couple bottles of NagaSav.
I thought the naga would have been enough but was not as hot as i would have liked.
In saying that, this was the best damn tasting batch i have ever made.
Next time more naga :mouthonfire:

It's only 10:30 am right now, but looking at all these dishes makes me hungry! Hockey is on tonight and I think I'm going with some Pull the Rip Cord Jerk wings tonight. Nice big plate of wings, wings and more wings.

Oh yea, served with a side of frosted malted beverine. Beer for you unsophisticated folk :lol:

Wow, some these meals look great!! And the last spicy meal I made was Buffalo chicken strips and onion rings. I used a mixed of buffalo breading and then added some extra Buffallo Wild Wing sauce to give it more of a kick. And of course I used more buffalo sauce to dip the onion rings in. You can probably tell by now that i have a thing for buffalo sauce.:hell:

We'll fix you of that. It won't be long and it will be pepper or naga sauce. Buffalo sauce is pepper flavored vinegar. Stick around a bit you'll learn a lot. I know I have.

Nothing special here, just snacks for watching movies. :)

Cheese Dip with Hab Powder, Sambal Olek, Garlic Salt and Chile Powders.

Served with frozen mini crispy burritos, tacos and quesadillos.

S6302511.JPG

Decided I needed more, so took a nice big tostada shell, spread thinly with refried beans, shredded cheddar, and generous chile/hab powders. Nuked for 25 seconds, then broken into bite-sized bits for munching.

S6302514.JPG

How's that for FAST FOOD? ;)

Well, strictly speaking my last was a habanero breakfast egg muffin sandwich. Actual meal would be chicken curry about a week and a half ago.

I've slacked off on posting the recipe's for a bit, but here's one I did the other night called Achari Murg - Chicken with Pickling Spices the recipe is now in the Meals section.

chickenwithpicklingspices.jpg

With 10 serranos, 2 TBSP of cayenne pepper, and 10 dried Indian Red peppers, it was warm :mouthonfire: but good! Made me break a sweat and my scalp tingle. Man peppers do some weird chit to me!

I also did some Chili Smothered Pork with Vinegar that was pretty good. It's also posted in the meals section.

Neil

Awesomeness. :drooling:

I was lazy today...cooked up some boxed organic white cheddar mac 'n cheese for lunch...pretty good stuff actually.

511fBTusPzL._SS500_.jpg

Added red jalapenos, chipotle powder, garlic, diced chicken breast, and bacon.

Came out good and was consumed b4 the thought of pics occured. ;)

Blister said:
I've slacked off on posting the recipe's for a bit, but here's one I did the other night called Achari Murg - Chicken with Pickling Spices the recipe is now in the Meals section.

chickenwithpicklingspices.jpg

With 10 serranos, 2 TBSP of cayenne pepper, and 10 dried Indian Red peppers, it was warm :mouthonfire: but good! Made me break a sweat and my scalp tingle. Man peppers do some weird chit to me!

I also did some Chili Smothered Pork with Vinegar that was pretty good. It's also posted in the meals section.

Neil

That looks damn fine Blister, I think I'll have to give that a go.

This one isn't hot - I'd say "warm" at best - but damn it was tasty! Each bite starts out a bit tangy, then melds into a mild citrus flavor before it warms up in the back of the throat. The flavors really roll across the tongue. The spices make it very aromatic and is quite creamy due to the coconut milk used. It's fantastic on a bed of rice and consists of potatoes, stew meat and shallots among a slurry of spices. I had to hide away the last little bit for lunch today before it completely disappeared!

The recipe is called Goan Gosht Curry - Curried Beef Stew with Potatoes, Shallots and Malt Vinegar and is now in the meals section.

CurriedBeefStewwithPotatoesShallots.jpg

Neil

Back