• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

What was the last spicy meal you cooked?

And how did it turn out?

I was in the mood for wings, but wasn't going to do anything fancy, just wanted something quick using what was in the house. Baked the wings in the oven with a dry rub of cayenne, Death Rain, pepper, and bih jolokia powder (from Muso2112). Took them out and coated with Cap'n's savina sauce. Pretty good for a quick meal.

I put some ... peppers (habanero I guess, she said she didn't remember what they were and I'm not a pepper identifier) my mom bought in a pot of chile.

I then decided that it was too boring and added some of the final answer. needless to say, the chile was hot. and tasted bad (it was great before tfa was added.. it just wasn't hot). I hate tfa.

By the way, I have never eaten a whole pepper pod until yesterday because I wasn't sure I'd like the flavor of it raw but I tried one of the peppers and it was awesome! can't wait to get my hands on some more

I'm gonna do some bumping on all these threads soon Paul. I have Yankee Enchiladas, Baked Tilapia with Black Bean and Pineapple Rice, and some sort of Fra Diavolo Pasta on the horizon yet this week. There may even be some Oven RIbs for PF! Stay tuned.

I'm gonna do some bumping on all these threads soon Paul. I have Yankee Enchiladas, Baked Tilapia with Black Bean and Pineapple Rice, and some sort of Fra Diavolo Pasta on the horizon yet this week. There may even be some Oven RIbs for PF! Stay tuned.
Look at when pky last posted here. Time to put up or ...

I still ave all the fixins for those wonderful pigs in a blanket PF made....

I just can't seem to find the damn TIME!!! :mad:
You should have lots more free time now that you no longer post in the Fun Zone! Get to cooking, I'm hungry and need some inspiration to get out of my culinary rut.

Hmmmmph! Since noone is posting pics of teh hotness...

Sauteed some onion garlic and chopped habs in olive oil until nice and caramelized..

IMG_2736.jpg

Nice chunk of Alaskan silver with a little bit of sea salt..

IMG_2737.jpg

Grilled that baby up and then topped with teh caramelized hotness... tasty!

IMG_2738.jpg

Normally I would've posted that in DC but forgot to get a pic of my glass of wine...bah!

Ok this may come as a shock to some, but I am not drinking tonight so I shall post here

I present JayT's Yankee Enchiladas and Chimichangas.

I started by making the filling. Grilled chicken, rice, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno (had to keep the heat down for the woman and child), queso fresco, cilantro, and lime juice.

100_7819.jpg

Next I assembled the enchiladas

100_7820.jpg

100_7822.jpg

added shredded Mexican cheese and black olives. Oh yeah, and 'da heat!

100_7821.jpg

came out looking like this

100_7825.jpg

100_7826.jpg

and the chimis were stuffed with the same filling and deepfried.

100_7823.jpg

100_7824.jpg

should have remembered to put the toothpicks in them as they almost came apart in the oil!

As TB would say, Cheers y'all

Hmmmmph! Since noone is posting pics of teh hotness...

Sauteed some onion garlic and chopped habs in olive oil until nice and caramelized..

IMG_2736.jpg

Nice chunk of Alaskan silver with a little bit of sea salt..

IMG_2737.jpg

Grilled that baby up and then topped with teh caramelized hotness... tasty!

IMG_2738.jpg

Normally I would've posted that in DC but forgot to get a pic of my glass of wine...bah!

TB, to quote you dear sir...that meal looks Hot, Blue and Righteous! I am so glad to see that your rabbit diet hasn't completely corrupted you. :clap:

Ok this may come as a shock to some, but I am not drinking tonight so I shall post here

I started by making the filling. Grilled chicken, rice, onion, bell pepper, jalapeno (had to keep the heat down for the woman and child), queso fresco, cilantro, and lime juice.

100_7819.jpg

100_7820.jpg

100_7822.jpg

100_7821.jpg

100_7825.jpg

100_7826.jpg

100_7823.jpg

100_7824.jpg

should have remembered to put the toothpicks in them as they almost came apart in the oil!

JayT, I must say that looks delish and damnit now I'm hungry :lol: And yes, I was taken back upon hearing that you are dry tonight. Dear God man! What has happened to ya? Has TB's tofu, rabbit non-alcoholic diet rubbed off on ya or what? :lol:

100_7819.jpg

100_7820.jpg

100_7822.jpg

100_7821.jpg

100_7825.jpg

100_7826.jpg

100_7823.jpg

100_7824.jpg

Wow, JayT that's some good lookin Mexican grits, I dare you to to that with Waffles. :)

Wow! There are so many brilliant spicy gourmet chefs here making all these awesome dishes! Makes me just sit and drool at those pictures. :onfire: Yesterday, I had two slowed-cooked pulled pork wraps with home made spicy BBQ sauce. They satisfied my spicy food craving :lol:

I cooked up a batch of hot wings. My bro owns a sports bar / restaurant and the last time I had their wings I was pretty depressed. I told him you have to make them hotter! He said too many customers complained so they took a lot of spice out. They are good, but with little to no spice. So I said ok why not add a 2nd option to the wings and call them super spicy or death wings or something like that. He said if you can add some heat and keep the flavor I'll do it. So I drove out to the bar with a box of powders and concentrates. To keep things simple me and his chef started off with their standard wing sauce and added some of this and some of that. The bhut sauce was too painful so that didn't fly. Then we tried some with a little bit of TS and he said it's still too hot for 90% of the people. Then we went down to Caribbean red and he really enjoyed that level of heat. It was just hot enough to burn and make you want to keep eating. I added a bit of honey, and mango powder and we had a great wing sauce. Tried it out on a few customers and they where hooked! Out of the 6 free sample plates everyone actually loved them and a few even ordered a second batch for their table. It taste even better on their buffalo chicken breast sandwich. Although the wings haven't hit the menu yet, word of mouth has and he sells about 6 orders a day. We are also going to work up a batch of BHUT sauce and have a wing eating contest during half time of the Superbowl. The catch is the first one done isn't the winner as the first one done still has to survive 4 minutes without anything to drink afterward! It should be pretty funny watching them suffer as they try and not take a sip of milk!

I thought you were going to do fatalli shrimps? No matter. I'll 'cept that co-boss. I had some excellent hungarian last year. Fantastic on a tore tillah'!!

Back