• General food and cooking questions, discussion, and recipes. To blog your food or to create (or post in) a community food thread, please post in Post Your Eats!

favorite What's your favorite pizza?

We have had a lot of pizza threads here lately and I must say many have made some very impressive pies, but I am curious for ideas. So with that in mind tell your stories of the best pies you have ever had. I am thinking styles, restaurant names, ingredients, pics if you have them, and anything you want to add. My favorite ever is a very simple thin crust pizza with pepperoni and pepperocini on the side, from a place called Hi-Way Pizza in a little coal town where I grew up.

It's hard to find a good pizza in this town. The Venetian in Point Loma or Bronx Pizza in Hillcrest/Mission Hills does pretty good. I pretty much only like thin crust, pepperoni and mushroom usually. Pretty generic.

I know what I don't like- pan/deep dish style pizza. Or "Hawaiian" pizza. Or BBQ Chicken. Or alfredo or pesto sauce pizzas. I had a pizza awhile back with salmon and capers on it. Why, I don't know...

In Darmstadt in Hesse where I grew up there is a German operated pizzeria called "Lokales" which is the term for the local news in newspapers. They had (and as far as I know still have) about 80 varieties of pizza, some of them weird but tasty stuff like my favorite "Pizza Broccoli".

And I love Pizza Hawaii because it harmonizes great with my Armadillo's Bad Medicine Habanero Hot Sauce.

My favorite is the Moose's Tooth in Anchorage, Alaska. It's worth visiting Anchorage just for the pizza. And if anyone knows Anchorage, Wings-N-Things just re-opened. They have the best chicken wings anywhere. Absolutely amazing! Oh, I wish I were back there.

Well, where i come from in NJ it's gotta be Attilio's in West long Branch.....their sicilian pizza is almost worth driving from Florida for....seriously. And if you want thin crust pizza, it has to be Pete & Elda's in Neptune, NJ. In Florida the absolute best i've had is Primanti Bros. in Ft. Lauderdale Beach...about the closest thing to the pizza from the NYC/NJ area i've found in the south. As for this immediate area(sarasota/bradenton) it's gotta be Rico's pizza. Not quite near the stuff from home, but it's a damn good try.

I make my own Defcon Buffalo Chicken pizza man oh man ... heat may vary on guests... Another one is Sausage, Hot cherry and Garlic :drooling:

Hawaian ( bacon, pepperoni, pineapple, mushrooms ) from Il Paesaeno's, splashed liberally with Psycho Bitch or Tallon hot sauce. Both go well with the pineapples.

imaguitargod said:
I've had too much pizza to actually remember :shocked:
Okay I will help you. Your favorite is your E.Z. Earl's Pizza.

IMO, Pizza is like sex...

Even if it's not great, it's still usually worth having. :D

Ain't much I wouldn't put on pizza. Well, OK, skip the asian-style pizzas w/ squid and other nasty crap.
2.gif

QuadShotz said:
IMO, Pizza is like sex...

Even if it's not great, it's still usually worth having. :D

Thats highly argueable. So then Domino's pizza, which using your frame of reference, would be like some sort of bestiality. Is that still worth having? I think not(unless, of course you like having sex with animals......then hey, ya know, different goats for different folks, right?)

Sickmont said:
Thats highly argueable. So then Domino's pizza, which using your frame of reference, would be like some sort of bestiality. Is that still worth having? I think not(unless, of course you like having sex with animals......then hey, ya know, different goats for different folks, right?)

:shocked:

Wow. You musta worked for Dominos eh?

Heh, I don't normally order out for Pizza. ;P

Dominos is ok, but if I had friends over there's a place nearby that pretty good, and Pizza Pipeline makes awesome pizzas.

Back