beer Wheebz journey across Chicago and Germany

Really sounds like your having a blast there. I was in Chicage in Feb a couple of years ago and yep it was about -10 then too but there was plenty of Chicago style pizza, great beer and Chopin EO martini's to keep us warm. If you have been yet you should try and get to the Lavazza Espression café. It's at the top of the Hancock Building. Good food and a really great view of the city. Especially at night. You might check out Al Capone's Hideaway. When I was there they had some really great steaks, beers, martini's and a nice selection of Cigars for after dinner. Love the pics. BTW last bottle of Utopias I saw was about $380.something. I hope you got it for a better price than that.

Dear god this sounds like one giant joy ride!

How do you afford your lifestyle!??!

i saved lol

havent worked since february

Really sounds like your having a blast there. I was in Chicage in Feb a couple of years ago and yep it was about -10 then too but there was plenty of Chicago style pizza, great beer and Chopin EO martini's to keep us warm. If you have been yet you should try and get to the Lavazza Espression café. It's at the top of the Hancock Building. Good food and a really great view of the city. Especially at night. You might check out Al Capone's Hideaway. When I was there they had some really great steaks, beers, martini's and a nice selection of Cigars for after dinner. Love the pics. BTW last bottle of Utopias I saw was about $380.something. I hope you got it for a better price than that.

179.99 plus tax :)

My witch doctor can write you a scrip for bp meds. After reading this thread, you're gonna' need it.

On the other hand...we need an Chitown deep dish pizza report pronto!

I want to do this class... I'm probably a few years out, but I think it's worth the saving :)

I already have ~9 weeks vacation, I'm sure with some careful planning I could pull off 12.

Keep us posted, and feel free to send me a case of off the wall beers (I'll pay for it).

Wow weebz what an adventure. You'll love Germany, I was a foreign exchange student there in 70' (yeah I'm fricken old, so what).

You gotta find some Vienna Beef spicy polish dogs there in Chi Town, they are the greatest.

Did you hook up with PI yet?

Lovin' this thread!

Wheebz, keep postin'. I'm living vicariously through you.

And get Pi out of her house!!! Sounds like she could use a night -out on the town.... and would be great to hang with. I don't think her "edit" button exists.

Paint Shy-town red my friend!

Did you make it to Hopleaf?

Two places to try before you go.

My link
My link

I haven't been to either but know that at Hot Doug's you have to arrive early to avoid the long lines. I've been told it is best to arrive a little before they open. Since they have been open awhile that might have changed. I don't remember what day it is that they serve the duck fat fries.

ive been to hot dougs, but they were closed when I got there at 4:30

and yea I was at hop leaf last weekend, talk about awesome

I have no plans for tonight or tomorrow night other than cleaning and cooking some steak sammiches, I need something to do for St Patty's Day, i just have no idea what

I think young shy Wheebz is too askeerd to ask you out Pi.
WUSS!

You can go early to Hot Doug's unless you are sleeping of drunkiness. Bring money, it is cash only.

IIRC, you are near the Rush St. and Division St. bars.. I'm sure they'll be packed for St. Patrick's Day.

Well yea they will be, but 10,000 people packed into a room isnt really appealing to me anymore

I did get invited to a beer pong tournament tomorrow morning at 10, so I think I am going to go to that

Carnita's

If they are only half as good as they looked, they still will be awesome! Might be worth a try before you leave. I believe it is the second review, Don Pedro Carnitas.

So a little update

the past 3 weeks havent been too up beat as we have all had our heads buried into books

I did go out for my birthday though

we went to a brazilian steak house called Texas De Brazil

20071008__20071010_F5_FE10FDDINING~p1.JPG

No this wasnt us, this was just a picture I stole to give you an idea what this place was. Basically gaucho's walk around with giant skewers of meat and a knife, and shave off a bunch of stuff on to your plate

Let me tell you though, I could have been fine with just the salad bar, this thing was incredible. Sushi, cheeses, meats, salads, oysters, clams, chicken, an phenomenal lobster bisque

best thing was either the top sirloin or the brisket

got a Gran Marnier flight, regular Gran Marnier, the 100, and the 150

A friend of mine got a Cachaca cocktail, and I drank 7 dollar shitty red stripe

2011-03-05_20-19-58_22.jpg

2011-03-05_20-42-40_693.jpg

heres the flight

2011-03-05_21-39-29_838Copy.jpg

I then went to a club here called Vision for Max Graham and Mario Florek. Let me tell you what, this place blows your mind. I ended up getting VIP access to behind the DJ booth the entire night where I got to meet Max and Mario as they were coming on and getting off stage. Here is a combination of my shitty pictures and some club pics

2011-03-06_00-45-36_915.jpg

2011-03-06_00-46-52_126.jpg

2011-03-06_01-37-17_824.jpg

2011-03-06_02-09-46_804.jpg

198458_10150153733323142_89154363141_8093731_8002972_n.jpg

196766_10150153739898142_89154363141_8093933_7348450_n.jpg

197430_10150153733843142_89154363141_8093746_1531424_n.jpg

2 videos

Back