• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Why do you eat hot stuff?

Chile Juju said:
I kind of dig the fact that when we eat superhots, we're tasting something that the majority of humanity won't ever taste! Like a secret flavor or something!

And oh, what stunning flavors there are to explore!!!!!!   :)
We are like a " secret Society "  

I like feeling like I'm in the "secret society" because I eat something hotter than Tabasco.   :lol: 

I also eat hot stuff because no one else in my family will eat hot stuff.  Just like no one else in my family has a tattoo or a body piercing.  maybe it's some latent rebellion thing going on???  So maybe there's some of the "at the dinner table, in your face, look what I'm eating"...but since I only see that side of the family once a year or so.....well....that's probably not it.... 

I like pushing flavors and heat for the sake of pushing personal boundaries and getting used to hotter stuff.  Tolerance can be built up, and I like the endorphin rush.  Funny thing is, the kid swears he's not a chilehead, but he will eat generic spicy food products (chipotle cheese dip, spicy chips, hot wings, ...)and say "that's not hot!"

He's been fully assimilated into the ChilePepper Continuum! 
:woohoo:

salsalady said:
  Funny thing is, the kid swears he's not a chilehead, but he will eat generic spicy food products (chipotle cheese dip, spicy chips, hot wings, ...)and say "that's not hot!"

He's been fully assimilated into the ChilePepper Continuum! 
:woohoo:
Mine is the same way.  He'll see me grabbing the sauce or powder for my meal and he follows suit.

I think his inner gorilla is coming out.  Ohh Ohhh!

Because I've always liked spicy food, and I decided to take that obsession to its logical conclusion.

And I've been a gardener from a young age.

Back