seed-train Wicked Mike's Newbies Only Seed Train - ROUND TWO

IT is currently one SFRB.

OK riders, big question, names written on the baggies with a sharpie are wearing off. There is one I can't read at all. A species the year was 2013. It looks like Cumari Pollux, C. praet?????? I can't read the rest of it. Any ideas?

Also, there is one baggie in here with no label what so ever, doesn't even look like something was written on the bag.

I've typed up labels for all of the sharpie written bags and will put the label on the back of the baggie if it will fit, or on a new baggie and put the old one in the new one with the label.

There is one in here that says Red Naga Barrackmore, should that be Red Naga Barrackpore? the initials on it are M.W.

I may have more questions.

There is not many duplicates, which is just wow. I'll be adding 12 more to the mix.

Now, cleaning this up a bit would mean I can't get it out till Friday (since Thursday is a holiday), is that ok? I'll make up a master list to go in the box to make it a bit easier on the rest of the train riders.

mpicante said:
Craig maybe cumari pollux(c.praetermissum).I'm good with you providing maintenance.
Thanks! That looks like it will fit what I can read. I'll put the baggie (it is a small one) in a bigger baggie with that as the label.

nearday said:
That one bag had nothing written on it when I got it and I don't think anything was ever written on it.
Thanks! I put a no label mystery pepper label on it.

Just a heads up, I should get this in the mail tomorrow. I figured out what I wanted quickly, got the labels done, and the master list as it is right now. There are 86 (ignoring dups) peppers in there. Some of the 86 maybe dups too, as I wrote out Brown Moruga and Brown Moruga PL on seperate lines; things like that. Still, that is a lot to pick from. Some only have a few seeds left, some a lot. Who ever put the Gochu Cheon Wo Shia Jo seeds in there, filled a 2x3 inch baggie full. There must be thousands of seed in that bag.

This was really fun. Tonight I pack up the rest of the seeds I'm adding and get a new box to ship in and out it goes.

Added NOTE! Do you want me to put a list up of what is in there now? I've made a master list that I will include in the box, but part of the fun for me was not knowing. If you want, you could PM me and I will send the list to you rather than putting it here. Just let me know whether I should put it here or PM it on request.

For the PM, please put in the subject line, "List of Peppers, Wicked Mike" so I'll know what is being requested. Clear as mud? Oh, it will be 4 hours before I'll be home and can check this thread and for PMs.

Thanks! That looks like it will fit what I can read. I'll put the baggie (it is a small one) in a bigger baggie with that as the label.

Thanks! I put a no label mystery pepper label on it.

Just a heads up, I should get this in the mail tomorrow. I figured out what I wanted quickly, got the labels done, and the master list as it is right now. There are 86 (ignoring dups) peppers in there. Some of the 86 maybe dups too, as I wrote out Brown Moruga and Brown Moruga PL on seperate lines; things like that. Still, that is a lot to pick from. Some only have a few seeds left, some a lot. Who ever put the Gochu Cheon Wo Shia Jo seeds in there, filled a 2x3 inch baggie full. There must be thousands of seed in that bag.

This was really fun. Tonight I pack up the rest of the seeds I'm adding and get a new box to ship in and out it goes.

Added NOTE! Do you want me to put a list up of what is in there now? I've made a master list that I will include in the box, but part of the fun for me was not knowing. If you want, you could PM me and I will send the list to you rather than putting it here. Just let me know whether I should put it here or PM it on request.

For the PM, please put in the subject line, "List of Peppers, Wicked Mike" so I'll know what is being requested. Clear as mud? Oh, it will be 4 hours before I'll be home and can check this thread and for PMs.

Orekoc,

If you've typed up the master list, would it be possible to post here? It would help those of us further down the list start making decisions on what we'd like to take and give. This would also help speed the process of selecting and getting the package back in mail.

FGpepperguy said:
The surprise is the fun part!
Okay, just a suggestion. No worries. Looking forward to receiving it in a couple weeks. Going to be starting what I have thus far this weekend.

Hi BigMal - im not on this train, but I just shipped my first one off. The next is coming in a few days. If a list is posted then people would get disappointed if a variety you want was not there when it arrived. Just my 2 cents :)

BigMal said:
Orekoc,

If you've typed up the master list, would it be possible to post here? It would help those of us further down the list start making decisions on what we'd like to take and give. This would also help speed the process of selecting and getting the package back in mail.
I can send it to you via PM tomorrow. It didn't get to my home e-mail for some reason.

The train will go out tomorrow, heading to couch! There will be a master list in the package. Just to add some fun to it, cuz there was room, I through in a few tomato seeds. I'll add a post tomorrow with the tracking number.

This was fun and made the work day much more interesting!

Orekoc said:
I can send it to you via PM tomorrow. It didn't get to my home e-mail for some reason.

I think it would be better to just post it here so we can all see it. Unless you want to PM it to 20+ people?

It is on its way to coachspencerxc. Tracking # 9114 9012 3080 3817 2390 38. Expected to arrive on Saturday.

Superchunck - Some people want to be surprised, some don't. If I post the list here, it may spoil someone's fun. I'm not really sure what to do.

I don't mind PM the list to people, so far only one person has asked for it. The train is on its way to the 13th person, so 20 people asking for the list is kinda doubtful.

Orekoc said:
Tracking shows it was delivered today at 12:06!
Yes. Got it when I got home at 4pm. Watched my hometown Carolina Panthers win.Now hoping the Ravens win as I pick 4-10 seeds out of most of the packs of varieties I want. I already have most but good stuff in there. There are what- 86 varieties now? When I send it back out tomorrow there will be at least 100. I'll update when I send it out. Thanks for your effort in labeling & thanks to Wicked Mike for kicking it off!

coachspencerxc said:
Yes. Got it when I got home at 4pm. Watched my hometown Carolina Panthers win.Now hoping the Ravens win as I pick 4-10 seeds out of most of the packs of varieties I want. I already have most but good stuff in there. There are what- 86 varieties now? When I send it back out tomorrow there will be at least 100. I'll update when I send it out. Thanks for your effort in labeling & thanks to Wicked Mike for kicking it off!
Most welcome. Enjoy. I wish I had more interesting things to add to it, next year for sure!

Headed to mipicante.
Tracking: 9505 5000 2621 5005 0000 16
Estimated delivery: 1/7/15
I added 16 varieties & only took single digits of seeds here & there without wiping anything out. Orekoc sent me the digital file of the list he typed up. I added what I put in to the list & printed it out. 102 varieties now. I printed without saving so I don't have the updated list.

Have fun!

Thanks again to Mike & those before me.

Back