seed-train Wicked Mike's Newbies Only Seed Train - ROUND TWO

Okay, so...update:

Mpicante PMed me to let me know that she PMed Botanydude88 and he hasn't responded. I hate to skip anyone (especially having met him in person; he's a good guy), but I've PMed Jem_stoneus and asked her to forward her mailing info to Mpicante.

Just wanted to clarify so everyone understands that I asked her to camp on the box while I sorted things out and that it wasn't that she was just taking a long time.

As a note, this is exactly why every seed train I've ever seen stresses the importance of getting in touch with the next rider before you send the train their way. Nice save, Florisa.

Jem_stoneus said:
When ever the seed train does come to me, I will contact Winland.
He lives very close to me.  We can get together and select seeds and send the train off to BigMal without delay.

I'll be waiting. I sent my address already to WinLand, but will also send it to you as well. That way you'll both have it depending on who ships it.

WICKED MIKES SEED TRAIN DEPARTS CALIFORNIAS SAN GABRIEL VALLEY(TEMPORARILY DETOURED)DESTINATION:Jem_Stoneus!!!!estimated arrival Monday 1/12/15.

TRACKING #9114 9012 3080 3432 0292 74

THANKS TO EVERYONE INVOLVED IN GETTING THIS 'CHOO-CHOO' ON TRACK!!!!

TO SIREX GREAT POWDER/RUB!!!SPRINKLED SOME ON CUCUMBER SLICES,GREEEAT!!!

mpicante said:
WICKED MIKES SEED TRAIN DEPARTS CALIFORNIAS SAN GABRIEL VALLEY(TEMPORARILY DETOURED)DESTINATION:Jem_Stoneus!!!!estimated arrival Monday 1/12/15.
TRACKING #9114 9012 3080 3432 0292 74
THANKS TO EVERYONE INVOLVED IN GETTING THIS 'CHOO-CHOO' ON TRACK!!!!
TO SIREX GREAT POWDER/RUB!!!SPRINKLED SOME ON CUCUMBER SLICES,GREEEAT!!!
You, my dear, are a rock star.

Oh, and Rex...I meant to post this quite a while back, but when I got it, your powder smelled good enough to serve as an excuse to go out to a restaurant outside my price range (you know, the kind without a drive-thru). At first, I was careful: I dusted the first forkful with only a few grains. Well, long story short, that didn't last long. I tried it on everything, including dessert, and it was excellent. I recently visited one of the executive chefs I used to work for and tried him out on it; he said, and I quote, "Kid knows what the %#@$ he's doing. That's some tasty $&@#." Way to rep the line, man.

Anyway, I thought it went best on the insanely good pork belly at Buns and Buns here in Miami, but my first Beit Alpha cucumbers in the garden are two inches long, so I'm hoarding what's left until then. I got an idea from what Mpicante said about the cucumbers. Going to do fresh cucumber slices with a dollop of Greek yogurt amended with lemon zest and shallot, and a liberal sprinkle of the powder. Sort of an homage to raita.

Wicked Mike said:
You, my dear, are a rock star.

Oh, and Rex...I meant to post this quite a while back, but when I got it, your powder smelled good enough to serve as an excuse to go out to a restaurant outside my price range (you know, the kind without a drive-thru). At first, I was careful: I dusted the first forkful with only a few grains. Well, long story short, that didn't last long. I tried it on everything, including dessert, and it was excellent. I recently visited one of the executive chefs I used to work for and tried him out on it; he said, and I quote, "Kid knows what the %#@$ he's doing. That's some tasty $&@#." Way to rep the line, man.

Anyway, I thought it went best on the insanely good pork belly at Buns and Buns here in Miami, but my first Beit Alpha cucumbers in the garden are two inches long, so I'm hoarding what's left until then. I got an idea from what Mpicante said about the cucumbers. Going to do fresh cucumber slices with a dollop of Greek yogurt amended with lemon zest and shallot, and a liberal sprinkle of the powder. Sort of an homage to raita.

Thank you very much Mike. That means a lot coming from a guy like you!!!

Oh snap, I'm so excited for this train. It's so close! I'll pm superchunk to make sure he's still on board

The train arrived in Buckeye Nation, home of the National College Football Champions, The Ohio State University Buckeyes.

Winland and I will make our selections from the 100 plus menu and send it on it's way Wednesday.

I am especially thankful for the tomato seeds that were included.  Wonderful surprise. Thank you.

Jem_stoneus said:
The train arrived in Buckeye Nation, home of the National College Football Champions, The Ohio State University Buckeyes.

Winland and I will make our selections from the 100 plus menu and send it on it's way Wednesday.

I am especially thankful for the tomato seeds that were included.  Wonderful surprise. Thank you.

That SFRB is loaded isnt it? I also grabbed a few tomato seeds,I believe Orekoc donated those and i also grabbed a few Biker Billy Jalapenos.I pretty much have everything else in my own collection.Awesome selection of seeds in there !!!!!!
That SFRB is loaded isnt it? I also grabbed a few tomato seeds,I believe Orekoc donated those and i also grabbed a few Biker Billy Jalapenos.I pretty much have everything else in my own collection.Awesome selection of seeds in there !!!!!!

I am so glad that Wicked Mike started this seed train for Newbies.
IT IS AWESOME.   A newbie chili pepper growers dream come true.
There are well over 100 varieties available for the choosing.

A bunch of seeds were taken, a bunch of seeds were added.
There is still plenty for those remaining on this adventure.
The boxcar will be on it's way tomorrow.  A tracking number will be posted.

Thanks to Mike and all those that have made this train a HUGE success and keeping it moving smoothly.

Damn I might have to resign up for the seed train since it traveled so fast.

Wicked Mike what do you think? It was posted early on that maybe it can travel around again if so can be be the current last #?

Thank You!!!
If the Hot Pepper Powers that be would let me resign up I would be # 22. Finding this site has made me a hot pepper addict, advocate, spiced up my food, beyond belief, has helped me become a young ladies interest and who knows how far that may go?

Thank you!

No hurries in getting it to me BigB. I won't be back home until Saturday the 24th. With the quickness of this train that should be just about right when it arrives anyway. But you can definitely take your time. 

And BartG, you still in?

changes4myfuture said:
Thanks for the invite her to thp wicked mike! I woukd like to hit tge train I dont have alot to add but I dont need alot either. I just want to be able to add some stuff.
Glad you joined! I came across Teresa on Facebook, one of those "friends with someone I don't know" kinda situations. We had a really pleasant conversation. She's kinda new to the pepper thing but has done some really kind stuff in her community. Sounds like a chilehead in the making to me!

Teresa, these are my people. They've been really good to me right from the start, and I have no doubt they'll show you the same.

When you get a chance, I'd post something in the "Welcome" thread (it's the topmost thread in the forums). Good way to introduce yourself to everyone and start getting to know folks.

suprchunk said:
No hurries in getting it to me BigB. I won't be back home until Saturday the 24th. With the quickness of this train that should be just about right when it arrives anyway. But you can definitely take your time. 

And BartG, you still in?
I am still in yes, I don't post often ( That is why you don't see me here much ). I usually am in the chat room or just lurk. If you need my address again, or want to verify it with me send me a PM.

Hey guys, got home early from work to find the seed train and made a stop at my house. Boy is there's A LOT of stuff in the box! I'm going to go through it tonight and HOPEFULLY get it out tomorrow. If not, it will be Tuesday since Monday is a federal holiday. I'll post the tracking number when shipped.

Back