• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Wild Game or Fish

If this exists the super search feature failed to direct me...

I would love everyone to post plates of food from something they caught or killed hunting.

First up....ugly plate but a southern classic, fried venison and onions...I like to put pepper powder in the breading.

True, but I love MY Egg.  I was thinking the same THP, but am still working on the sides and the sauce that will go with it.  Probably going to start with a brine tomorrow morning as they are so lean.

Roasted fall veggies and some charred green beans? Corn bread too.

JayT said:
True, but I love MY Egg.  I was thinking the same THP, but am still working on the sides and the sauce that will go with it.  Probably going to start with a brine tomorrow morning as they are so lean.
Yes Brine a def for smoking small game birds. Unless you plan on high heat grilling. Not real savvy with the egg. But when smoking birds i always brine first.  Just my 2  :)

I decided to go with the brine and roast, along with a tray of roasted cabbage and potatoes with cheese.  I waited too long for this to happen today.  It will be tomorrow.  The birds are brined and ready to cook, but the rest is going to take hours and it is almost supper time in this house.

JayT said:
I decided to go with the brine and roast, along with a try of roasted cauliflower and potatoes with cheese.  I waited too long for this to happen today.  It will be tomorrow.  The birds are brined and ready to cook, but the rest is going to take hours and it is almost supper time in this house.
All right Brother Sounds fantastic will be waiting :)

Venison chili coming soon, been stewing all day!

14670851_1356097571090632_4266181151554155450_n.jpg

How much did he he miss it by?  I would think not long.  That is heartbreaking!

JoynersHotPeppers said:
Hope you stick a nice one! This popped up on my time line today! My brother had just climbed down the tree where the camera was that took this picture. 

10703856_10202695599815520_707462610688045090_o.jpg

Back