• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Wild in Las Vegas 2014 (Hardening off and flowers!!)

So now it's time to make another attempt and hope for a better year.

I didn't want to make a glog this year... but I see many already started. That motivates me to make a glog.

2013 was a year for learning and making mistakes and mostly experiments. Needless to say I found and learned a lot and I know this year is gonna rock!

So let's get started with some pics, and I'll update with th list later today and I'll be visiting glogs in a short while ;) and here's to 2014!!! :cheers:

This is my list so far, and I will update if anything changes.

-CAP 539 (C. Annuum) (Judy)

-Calusa Indian Mound (C. Annuum) (Judy)

-Tepin Sonora (C. Annuum) (Mine)

-CAP 501 (C. Chacoense) (Judy)

-CGN 20510 (C. Chacoense) (Judy)

-Cobindo-NMDUC (C. Chacoense) (Judy)

-CGN 20509 (C. Chacoense) (Judy)

-CGN 22869, PI 260429 (C. Chacoense) (Judy)

-CGN 20812/PI 159233 (C. Chinense) (Judy)

-CGN 20800 (C. Chinense) (Judy)

-Wild Brazil (C. Chinense) (Shane)

-Quintisho (C. Chinense) (Justecila)

-Cumari do Para (C. Chinense) (Justecila)

-CAP 691 (C. Chinense) (Judy)

-CGN 24360 (C. Chinense) (Judy)

-CGN 24332 (C. Eximium) (Judy)

-CGN 19198 (C. Eximium) (Judy)

- CGN21502 (C. Eximium) (Judy)

-CGN 22792, PI 260478, Aji Chuncho (C. Frutescence) (Judy)

-Chintextle (C. Annuum) (Spicegeist)

-C. Galapagoense (Spicegeist)

-Pionted Praetermissum (C. Praetermissum) (Judy)

-CAP 1144 (C. Praetermissum) (Judy)

-Goat Pepper: CGN 22794: PI 260595 (C. Praetermissum) (Judy)

-BGH 460, PI 441654 (C. Praetermissum) (Judy)

-Cumari pollux (C. Praetermissum) (Spicegeist)

-Rocopica

-Tepin x Lemon drop F2 (Mike)

-Tepin x 7 Pot Barrackpore F2 (Spicegeist)

-Cumari pollux x Donne sali F1 (Spicegeist)

-CAP 501 x Donne sali F1 (Spicegeist)

-Bubblegum 7 Pot (Denniz)

-Pink tiger (Enrico Lai)

-Aribibi gusano (Chiliriot (Spain))

-Walt

Thanks for stopping by :party:

Great start Vegas! Will be interesting to see which of them does best in your hot conditions...really cool selection, can't wait to see what else you have started!

Devv said:
Looking good!

So when does house hunting start?
Devv said:
Walt,

Have a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Enjoy the family!
Thanks for the wishes Scott!! You too, I hope you have a Merry Christmas and a New year. Be safe.

Oh house hunting? LOL. Idk yet if you remember I wanted to check out San Antonio first, but idk about the wife I can almost say she won't like or want to leave to SA... idk yet. If not then we get a good house here to my likes. I have to think about it tho...

-Walt

Looking good WLV!  Good job getting some tough varieties going!

Penny said:
Everything looks great Walter....well done. :dance:
Thanks Penny!

stc3248 said:
Great start Vegas! Will be interesting to see which of them does best in your hot conditions...really cool selection, can't wait to see what else you have started!
Thanks Shane! I'm really looking forward to that. Actually I just broke out the cloner bucket I made and I will most likely clone the plants that I think will do fine outside and keep the original inside thru the summer and then take them out late summer, and hope I can get something this year. I just sowed about 18 varieties a couple of days ago, and now I'm waiting on them to sprout. Thanks for stopping by.

maximumcapsicum said:
Beautiful lemon drop. Glossy and stout. Great job!
Thanks Maxi, this is one that I really look forward to. The F1 produced tasty pods very good snacking pepper. Initially tastes like a Tepin and in the background you can get a mild taste of the lemon drop and heat is not overwhelming. It's just perfect :)

PaulG said:
Looking good WLV!  Good job getting some tough varieties going!
Thanks for stopping by Paul! It's just amazing how each one of them looks, all the fuzziness. I would say these were easier to germinate than chinense or maybe I got lucky. Judy has strong seed, most wilds I'm growing are from seed she gifted me. I hope I can learn and keep them alive til they produce :party:

Merry Christmas and a happy New year to everyone!! Best wishes to everyone and hope we can all have a great 2014!!! :cheers:

-Walt

Penny said:
Merry Christmas to you and yours. :dance:
Thanks Penny I had a great time with the family. I hope you enjoyed your Christmas day with yours ;).

gfinnil said:
Never heard of most of these...can't wait to see how they turn out, good luck.
Jerry
Thanks gfinnil! I'm all excited as well. I haven't seen much info or pics of most of them so I'm hoping to take lots of pics and notes of the most interesting ones. Will keep everything updated as best as I can.

Mild update. This last season I made a 5gal. bucket cloner. Well it serves 2 functions, one is that it clones very well and two I can go from soil to hydro easier with it.

My intentions are to boost growth till they gain some size and also clone some to increase the number ;). Then after they get big and I finish cloning what I need I'll be pulling them out and transplant back to soil. I have spares, but this is the first time I try with seedlings this small so consider it an experiment.

So far I have:

1x C. Galapagoense (Spicegeist)
1x Tepin x Lemon drop F2 (Mike)
1x Cumari pollux (Spicegeist)
1x CGN 19198

Left: C. Galapagoense
Right: Cumari pollux

Left: CGN 19198
Right: Tepin x Lemon drop F2

I will update as soon as I see considerable progress.

Now, I had another tray with seed that I sowed 6 days ago and I have some hookers already :D.

-CGN 20800 C. Chinense (Judy)

Hope y'all had a great Christmas with your family and friends, next up new years :D the most exciting holiday of the year. Stay safe ;).

-Walt

All right!  Cloning; a man after my own heart!
I like the DIY cloning unit.

Good luck with those; I have no doubt they
will flourish in your contraption!

PaulG said:
All right!  Cloning; a man after my own heart!
I like the DIY cloning unit.

Good luck with those; I have no doubt they
will flourish in your contraption!
Thanks Paul! I had great success the first time I tried it. I built it based on the bucket cloner from htg supply. Only one pump and only one sprinkler head. I'll post up a link to the thread I made when I first fired it up.

Devv said:
Looking good Walt!

Can't beat it when they hook so well, like the cloning setup.

What's going on under the lid?
Thanks Scott! I can't find pics ATM... They seem to be buried in my photobucket account LOL... I'll be posting a link shortly so you can see what I did and everything in detail. Stay tuned.

Vegas_Chili said:
Thanks Paul! I had great success the first time I tried it. I built it based on the bucket cloner from htg supply. Only one pump and only one sprinkler head. I'll post up a link to the thread I made when I first fired it up.

Thanks Scott! I can't find pics ATM... They seem to be buried in my photobucket account LOL... I'll be posting a link shortly so you can see what I did and everything in detail. Stay tuned.

Hey man! Post some pics of the cloning process if you have them and have the time. Would love to see how the whole process works. You take cuttings and place them in a hydroponic system?

HillBilly Jeff said:
Nice looking seedlings.  Hope these tepin lemon drops turn out awesome.  I like both peppers.

Good luck on the grow.

Thanks HB Jeff! They do taste amazing a member here "Smileyguy" found it. He thought he sowed a Tepin plant and as it got bigger I grew quite odd and it turned out to be crossed with a lemon drop. I hope it comes out the same or hopefully more tasty. Thanks for stopping by.

maximumcapsicum said:

Hey man! Post some pics of the cloning process if you have them and have the time. Would love to see how the whole process works. You take cuttings and place them in a hydroponic system?
Yes sir! I opened a thread for it and here's the link. It appears that the link is dead... just copy and paste to.your browser LOL sorry. Here it is.

thehotpepper.com/topic/40067-first-shot-at-cloning-writeup-is-up

-Walt

I noticed you have a hook where the head of the pepper hasn't popped out of the dirt yet.  Have you ever have the head not pop out and have the pepper die on you?  I had that happen to me a couple times and now I don't wait too long before I investigate.

HillBilly Jeff said:
I noticed you have a hook where the head of the pepper hasn't popped out of the dirt yet.  Have you ever have the head not pop out and have the pepper die on you?  I had that happen to me a couple times and now I don't wait too long before I investigate.
Nope it never happened to me. The why I think they come out like that is because I like to bury deeper and I hardly get any helmetheads my galapagoense and cumari pollux came out like that without a problem.

I had a small issue with the cloner... good thing I like to check it often. I had white slime so I quickly turned off the pump sanitized the whole bucket along with the pump and every single part. This time I added some botanicare liquid karma which is supposed to be good for seedlings,cuttings, basically for any stage and of course some hydrogen peroxide. Hope to see positive results in the next few days.

Here they are in their spa waiting for their bucket to be cleaned LOL.

-Walt

Back