seed-train Wild seed train 2015 2016

Lovepeppers said:
The train is on it's way to jedisushi.
Tracking number 9505511449585286024043

I added a big bag of goodies plus some rare f1 varieties.

I added some olive green habanero seeds. I grew out four plants of chocolate habanero from Judy at pepperlover and one plant matured with olive green habaneros. Judy will be helping stabilize this natural variant.

I also through in some chocolate scorpion X unknown. I grew some of ed curries from pucker butt chocolate scorpion and one plant came out with some pretty gnarly pods with great taste. To me it r esembles a slight undertone of the jalapeño flavor. I like it a lot and will be working on stabilizing it.

Lastly is, I added a baggie full of the aji cito mutant plant that started off with 4.5 cotydelons then leaf nodes doubled and so on. The plant grew nice and bushy with many pods, but about 1/2 to 3-4 the size in the regular aji cito. I reaped more pods from the mutant than the other 2 regular aji citos. Pic of it about in May, just a baby.

You will know right away if a mutant sprouts by the cotydelons.
From time to time I have to voice a beef if not for others, then for myself. For whatever the reason it generally benefits both, or should anyway. In many cases when someone has desirable seed in very small  quantities and makes them available for a seed train, it is each and every riders responsibility to assure the every rider if at all possible has a chance to acquire said seed even if it means taking just 1 seed and making it count. I was very interested in a few of the varieties Steve aka Lovepeppers was contributing. The pictures above do indicate there was a substantial amount of seed of one of the selections for everyone to acquire enough to grow and distinct packaging of another that is now missing from the train***, yet when they reached here many selections were gone. I have many times taken only 1 seed from a given selection to assure the train met the benefits of the following riders. Rant over.

***refer to rule #4"If you remove the final content of any of the varieties from its packet, return the empty seed packet to the large zip lock bag so that it may be refilled by the originator for the next round."

CAPCOM said:

***refer to rule #4"If you remove the final content of any of the varieties from its packet, return the empty seed packet to the large zip lock bag so that it may be refilled by the originator for the next round."

Were you looking for some of those Mutant Aji Cito monsters?  I've got a few.

Geonerd said:

Were you looking for some of those Mutant Aji Cito monsters?  I've got a few.
That is a much appreciated offer. but no. Those are still present and bountiful.
I was kinda looking forward to the chocolate scorpion x unknowns and the olive green habaneros.I probably should have done more than a quick visual inspection before sending it back out, but I wanted to get it caught back up. Its really not a big deal except that someone else may have missed out as well and I wanted to address the issue so we hopefully dont repeat it in the future.

I have olive green 7pot seeds - I can send you some if you like. I don't think I got any olive hab seeds either. Not sure about the choc scorp cross.

CAPCOM said:
That is a much appreciated offer. but no. Those are still present and bountiful.
I was kinda looking forward to the chocolate scorpion x unknowns and the olive green habaneros.I probably should have done more than a quick visual inspection before sending it back out, but I wanted to get it caught back up. Its really not a big deal except that someone else may have missed out as well and I wanted to address the issue so we hopefully dont repeat it in the future.
I took 4 of his green habanero seeds & was planning on planting them today. I can do without them but sounds like they're very important to you. Send me your address & I'll get those 4 out to you. Let me know what else you're looking for (not just from Lovepeppers) & I'll see what I can do to help you out.

Also, CAPCOM, I took 2 of your yellow orange bird pepper seeds. Planning on planting but have a couple of other small yellows like Cumari do Para. Do you have pictures or a description of this bird pepper? Thanks.

coachspencerxc said:
I took 4 of his green habanero seeds & was planning on planting them today. I can do without them but sounds like they're very important to you. Send me your address & I'll get those 4 out to you. Let me know what else you're looking for (not just from Lovepeppers) & I'll see what I can do to help you out.
Nice of you to offer coach, but plant away. I will get them on the down the road. My rant if that's what to call it was fueled by the same thing that happened when I put Xalapa seeds on the train last year. I put over 100 seeds on the train and yet riders back only 12 positions did not get any.

coachspencerxc said:
Also, CAPCOM, I took 2 of your yellow orange bird pepper seeds. Planning on planting but have a couple of other small yellows like Cumari do Para. Do you have pictures or a description of this bird pepper? Thanks.
The yellow orange bird pepper is an upright growing pod that is elongated roughly 4 times its diameter. Fairly thin walled but slightly leathery, a fair amount of seeds and a fiery heat that is somewhat common with these smaller pods. I prefer peppers with much more flavor but have grown these in successive seasons. It is good you are starting them early as they seemed to be unusually delayed in podding this last season. They also start out growing straight up and do ther peppers that could potentially grow very large as many of the wilds will do. I have however never really given them that kind of latitude.

A nice pepper to get under your belt for first hand knowledge.

Cumari do para on the other hand will always make my grow list. very strong chinense flavor but not like some habaneros. Its like, I dont really crave peppermint but I like Altoids. Go figure right? A very nice heat to compliment the flavor. A very nicely balanced chili.

If anyone else feels disappointed by the train (I sure didn't- loaded when it left my house & sounded like it was later) & missed out on something or felt like people took more than their share- orrrr if there's anything specific people are looking for, let me know & I'll see what I can do. I grew 180 varieties & have a few (most, literally 2-4) seeds for a lot of others. I've sent out seeds to about 25 people in the past 2 weeks- almost all with nothing in return, so my spreadsheet isn't exactly accurate, but if you let me know what you're looking for, I can try.

I've also been the recipient of a couple of nice deliveries lately.

So far, I have 3 riders that are interested in the GUARDIAN samples. Is this correct and complete? Only 3 will go out with their name on them.

Also, I know no one wants to be pressured to be dealing with a seed train in their Christmas holiday schedule, so I will probably hold out shipping the next round till the 26th. I am also adding more from my reserves as well as awaiting a refurb shipment from Geonerd. I was able to condense the package down somewhat by deflating many packs and removing the nonessential selections. It is still a very nice selection of seed and will be more so by ship date.

Eextending last call at least one more time.

I no one else responds, the routing on pg 10 #198 will stand. contact your appropriate recipients, procure shipping info and stand by.

CAPCOM said:
I am sorry, there is a lot of confusion based on my posting the participants a few posts back. That is not the order. It will probably go more like this if no one else is added.

5 ThePepperTrent AZ
8 Vodu CO
4 mpicante CA            G.Sample
2 KingChile MI
3 Millworkman TN
7 Peter S NC              G.Sample
1 jsschrstrcks FL        G.Sample
6 CAPCOM IL
just bringing this back to the current page.

CAPCOM said:
So far, I have 3 riders that are interested in the GUARDIAN samples. Is this correct and complete? Only 3 will go out with their name on them.

Also, I know no one wants to be pressured to be dealing with a seed train in their Christmas holiday schedule, so I will probably hold out shipping the next round till the 26th. I am also adding more from my reserves as well as awaiting a refurb shipment from Geonerd. I was able to condense the package down somewhat by deflating many packs and removing the nonessential selections. It is still a very nice selection of seed and will be more so by ship date.

Eextending last call at least one more time.

I no one else responds, the routing on pg 10 #198 will stand. contact your appropriate recipients, procure shipping info and stand by.

I will try a Guardian sample...as long as it isn't too late.

Seed train is all packed up and leaving tomorrow. Made a little room by removing some common store seed and unidentifiable packets. There are 5 GUARDIAN sample bottles with the name of the rider who requested one on it, included in the mailer. Everyone should have their bubble mailers by now and ready to go.

First stop Chino Valley, AZ

Back