• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

favorite Wild Varieties-What is your favorite

Portuge said:
Yes the ones i have are C. Frutescens, seeds were bought from Pepperlover... This is my first time growing this particular variety so this plant should be interesting to watch...
That is where I also got the 17020. It had some pretty sharp heat. Quick, but a little bitter. Good dried.

eximium is ready to open up and say ahhhhhhh.....

RSCN35971.jpg

I'll have to keep watch on your grow, hopfully your plants like the tovarii, lanceolatum, and buforum will produce heavily for you as I would love a few fresh seeds I really like C. eximium and C. cardenasii are really nice plants I'm trying to do a grow out on my seed stock which were missed place and are a bit old I'm hoping that they will sprout.
I've had lousy luck with C. galapagoense, but I will try getting more seeds for next year.

Hoping they do well so I can share with other wild lovers. Got some other really cool varieties coming from Brazil. If they come soon I'll pop them in some rockwool, if not they will be on the top of the list for next season. :)

I went over my rare wild species list and noticed that besides C. lanceolatum, C. buforum, C. flexuosum, C. parvifolium there is others like C. luteum, C.coccineum, C. villosun, C. schottianum which are listed but have very little info about them and may well be extict. I left out several that are wild and little known about like C. galapagoense, C. praetermissum, C. tovarii, C. eximium and C. cardenasii I know I left out one or two others as I can't think of their names and are not on my list. I think C. ciliatum is one of them I know it was removed from the list and renamed and then put back on the list again with a new name.
It would be interesting to see if any that I named like C. villosum and C. luteum are in fact still around and availible

Would love to find out if if C. schottianum, has any heat to it as some of the Eastern Brazil Capsicum species just have mild tasting berries that have no heat rather than true pods. I wonder if he could maybe share a few seeds later when its producing berries/pods.
I think C. lanceolatum which I believe was just recently redicovered and the seeds are being sold by MNSU.
I need to get their online catalog and see just what all they have If I remember right C. lanceolatum does have some heat to the small pods. 

I can't wait for my 19198s to flower they are seedlings right now
Also beautiful tovarii I wanted to grow that but couldn't find seeds you have an amazing collection p-son

those are some pretty flowers, next time i order from judy, they are on the list! after all, i have a mexican tepin that only pods every 4 years or so, 19198 can sit right beside it!

I have had excellent germ rates on my 19198s if anyone would like to trade for a few seeds for something pm me I have a limited supply. They are a beautiful variety so I would like to allow people to try it also

Nightshade said:
I have had excellent germ rates on my 19198s if anyone would like to trade for a few seeds for something pm me I have a limited supply. They are a beautiful variety so I would like to allow people to try it also

Yes please!!  

Back