Wildflower in Hawaii

Hello from Hawaii!

I may have found a great spot to improve my pepper growth understanding - looking forward to discovering your valuable advice and suggestions!

It seems I may have made an epic newbee blunder while processing what I believe are ghost chili peppers - yesterday I was nearly overcome by pepper fumes - so today I'm looking to improve on that!

How  did I get to that point?  Great story!

Back up five years to a white elephant gag gift exchange during my then teenage son's soccer team Christmas party.  He wound up taking home an un-marked can of some sort of seed.  The soda style can had a pepper  fiesta graphic but nothing else.  It got tossed into the garage and there it stayed for the five years that passed.

Maybe three months ago, I opened the can and dumped the contents into a pot then waited to see what would happen.

Had no idea what was in the can.  Now, I believe the first harvest of a dozen ghost chili peppers led to yesterday's fumigation!

I hope to post pics soon!

:welcome:  from sunny South Florida! :woohoo:

Thanks for the welcome!

I put some pics on a gallery page, and here is one.  I hope I have properly identified the pepper type, being Ghost Chili?  

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:2331]

Nulle said:
Velkommen fra Danmark/ :welcome: from Denmark
Góðan daginn!  (Icelandic) That's about as close to Danish as I can get.  Spent several years living in Iceland.
JoynersHotPeppers said:
I see you are in Delaware - call MD home for the 1st half of life - headed back that way next year and looking forward to it! 
Nigel said:
I think we`ve all been there! Welcome!!!

Was in your area last year for a soccer tournament.  My youngest son traveled with a team out of Washington State.  Miss those days!

Back