• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Windchicken 2013

Finally got me some lights and a heat mat...

lightstand1.jpg

lightstand2.jpg

The trays are the self-watering Burpee 32-cell type..Hopefully they will maintain more consistent moisture levels.

This is what I sowed:

C. chinense
MoA Scotch Bonnet (STEVE954), 6
Madame Jeanette (Meatfreak), 6
Bahamian Goat (FadeToBlack), 6
NagaBrain (romy6), 8
Trinidad Scorpion, 4
7 Pot Yellow, 8
Cumari do Para (capsidadburn), 8
Bonda ma Jacques x 7 Pot Yellow (Spicegeist), 4
Chupetinha, 4

C. annuum
Doux Tres Long des Landes (Meatfreak), 6
Poblano, 8
Zapotec Jalapeño, 12
Chiltepin, 8
California Wonder, 4
Chilhuacle Rojo, 8
Thai Garden Birdseed, 4
Ashe County Pimento (kentishman), 4
Kitchen Pepper (Datil), 4

C. baccatum
Aji Amarillo, 8

There are a few spots still open. Probably will sow NuMex 6-4 and some Morouga, because people are asking for it....

Gary, really sorry to hear about the 28°. I was fearing that as you're way north of me.

Glad the ladies in the garage were there to keep on choogling.

Enjoy the up coming weekend and holidays!

Great videos Gary!  Always an education and delight viewing your grow.  I sure hope for a decent outcome with your larger country garden!  That was some sad news to hear.

I have no doubt about your ability and determination to make a better grow next season.

Have a great weekend!

Mike

Wow, thanks Mike! Your sincere kindness goes a very long way....

The country garden is complete toast....not a green leaf to be found. Fortunately Bob harvested a few sacks of annuums the evening before the freeze hit, so it wasn't a total loss.
You and yours have great weekend too!

There were a few nice NagaBrains pods that actually survived the freeze and showed a little color in the time since then…Just in case there are viable seeds in these pods from the F2 seed mother, I'm sending a few out to the growers who offered to help with the F3 grow. (You know who you are!) I'm also sending you guys good, viable seeds as well…I just wanted you to get a taste of the fresh pods to let you know what you can expect...

Yep, that's solid mojo coating the inside…The plants seemed to produce tastier, more potent fruit in the more temperate weather that came after the bad summer heat and before the early freeze:

NagaBrainInsides1.jpg

Thanks KD! Yours should be there today....

After several nights in the 20s ºF, all my in-ground plants are complete toast...The garage plants seem to be okay, though. This is the original (F1 mother) NagaBrain plant yesterday (Black Friday):

NagaBrain2.jpg

I managed to salvage enough Zapotec Jalapeños to put up 4 quarts of Chiles en Escabeche last night. The thyme and bay leaves are also from my garden:

escabeche1.jpg

Thanks Scott! It's a great way to deal with the metric buttload of green chiles one is often left with at season's end....I've also done it with green Thai Chile, and it was real good.

The pickled Zapotecs looks amazing and delicious, Gary. Sorry to hear about your in-ground plants :( we still haven't have any frost over here but forecasts says we will this Wednesday. The plants I still have in-ground are my Pubescens, we see how far I can take them inside the poly-tunnel.

Back