• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Windchicken 2013

Finally got me some lights and a heat mat...

lightstand1.jpg

lightstand2.jpg

The trays are the self-watering Burpee 32-cell type..Hopefully they will maintain more consistent moisture levels.

This is what I sowed:

C. chinense
MoA Scotch Bonnet (STEVE954), 6
Madame Jeanette (Meatfreak), 6
Bahamian Goat (FadeToBlack), 6
NagaBrain (romy6), 8
Trinidad Scorpion, 4
7 Pot Yellow, 8
Cumari do Para (capsidadburn), 8
Bonda ma Jacques x 7 Pot Yellow (Spicegeist), 4
Chupetinha, 4

C. annuum
Doux Tres Long des Landes (Meatfreak), 6
Poblano, 8
Zapotec Jalapeño, 12
Chiltepin, 8
California Wonder, 4
Chilhuacle Rojo, 8
Thai Garden Birdseed, 4
Ashe County Pimento (kentishman), 4
Kitchen Pepper (Datil), 4

C. baccatum
Aji Amarillo, 8

There are a few spots still open. Probably will sow NuMex 6-4 and some Morouga, because people are asking for it....

Everything is nice and shiny after a good scrubbing from the storm yesterday. Snapped a few quick pix of my overwinters on the way out the door this morning...

Birgit's Locoto (wayright), 2011 Grow:

locoto2.jpg

locoto3.jpg

7 Pot Yellow (romy6), 2012 Grow:

yseven1.jpg

Foodarama Scotch Bonnet (Peppermania), 2012 Grow:

foodarama1.jpg

Congo Trinidad x Brito's Peach, aka "Kris Kross" (cmpman1974), 2012 Grow:

kriskros1.jpg

armac said:
lots of pods already, good show

Thanks Rodney!

PHB said:
Very nice little tree you got there. :)

Is it still growing ? (I mean in height, size, etc.)

Thanks Pierre! At the end of the 2012 season I pruned the Locoto way back. The pod load tends to be especially heavy, and my intention was for nice stout branches to support the load...

There has been 18 inches or so of new growth since then. It's a very fast-growing variety...

millworkman said:
LOVE IT!!!!! That Birgits Bush is awesome Gary!

Thanks Noah!

Porter is well! Its your plants that have me pissed! WOW Gary! Freakin outstanding! I haven't seen them in a week, so I am hoping for some BIG surprises. Mama sent me a pic of a few ripe maters...and thought I saw some Goat's Weed ripening in the background so I can't really complain too much! That Birgits tree above is amazing! Great looking pods...life is good at Gary's casa!

Lol, thanks Shane! Birgit's is my favorite baccatum for sure...

I keep seeing that Goat's Weed, and it's getting to be more and more compelling to me...I'm pretty sure wayright sent me some seeds a couple years ago...

Like you, I don't get to spend nearly enough time at La Casa...I hope you can get on home real soon and get in some quality time with your chile babies...and your other loved ones... :P

Thanks Ramon! It's a fun one to grow for sure....Now you've got me thinking, because it will set a ton of festive red pods....

Have a great weekend!

Gary

romy6 said:
 Okay Gary is officially out of the contest for growing Birgits all year around.  ;)

Simply put: Outstanding Grow 6 STARS  :fireball:

Lol....Thanks Jamie!

Trippa said:
looking outstanding as per normal Windchicken!! Do you top up your over winters with any special amendments to kick start them again or just repot??

Thanks Trippa! Although they are sorely in need of potting-up, some of these plants are still in the same containers they spent the latter part of last season in—no pruning or amendments yet, I just schlepped them in and out of the garage all winter...The ones that are super bushy and productive, like the Birgit's, I pruned both the root ball and the branches, then potted up with fresh MG Potting Soil. Beyond that, they have all gotten a couple of additional "bumps" with Liquid MG since the beginning of the season. The baccatums especially seem to enjoy regular feeding with the high-nitrogen liquid...

P. Dreadie said:
Everything is looking super nice windchicken . You'll be having tons of peppers it looks like.

Peace

Thanks Erin! Have a great weekend! I believe we've seen the last of those cold fronts....

Back