• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Windchicken 2016

For the last couple of years my season has finished up after the subsequent season had already started…I sowed my 2016 seeds last Saturday, but my 2015 Chile Manzano are just now bearing ripe fruit, 3 days later. Is it worth waiting over a year after sowing to get ripe fruit from these plants? HELLZ TO THE YEAH!!! Only the best chile in the world!!!

Manzano_Jan12.jpg

stc3248 said:
Great start Gary!

Thanks Shane!

mpicante said:
Gary your starts look great!!!

Thanks Florisa!

Here's a pop chart for the Capsicum annuum seeds I sowed last Sunday. (The Bode Amarela (C. chinense) are in there because the first sowing didn't pop. Bishop's Crown is in there because they grow at about the same rate as C. annuum) I'm really excited about the new New Mexico type from the Lytle family at www.chileseedusa.com, "Ms. Junie," named for Faron Lytle's grandmother, the wife of Faron's grandfather, "Big Jim" Lytle. Ms. Junie fruit is said to be the same size as Big Jim, but hotter and very, very productive.

Last year, on the advice of my friend Spicegeist, I saved seeds from my best pods of Chile Lumbre, in hopes that they would be better adapted to the very high heat and humidity in my garden, relative to the Mesilla Valley of New Mexico, where they were bred. I am very pleased to see my saved seed Chile Lumbre popping at 100%:

PagesScreenSnapz001.jpg

Here's some photos of my starts taken just now:

bonda_mahala_feb20.jpg

choco_nb_feb20.jpg

p_dreadie_feb_20.jpg

red_nb_feb20.jpg

scorpion_feb20.jpg

zapotec_feb20.jpg

meatfreak said:
+1 plants look superb, Gary. Of to a good start again :D

Thanks Stefan! I have some of your MFP-J11 going, too...4 plants. And you know I have to grow your Doux Trés Long des Landes!  :P

TXCG said:
Looking good man, good luck with your 2016 season!

Thanks TX!

tsurrie said:
Your plants look awesome. Good luck with the grow!

Thanks Uros!

Chewi said:
Zapotec, Zapotec and more Zapotec!! Looking pretty good there!!!!

Lol, Rob, it's still not enough Zapotec! I ran out of seeds...Don't know how that happened!  :confused:

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
things seem to be looking great on your end.. love those Mahalas.. got them going.. i see you have the ZAPOTEC jalapenos.. will follow this glog again..

Thanks KD! And thanks so much for growing the Mahala Pepper!!!  :dance: And I'll always grow Beth's jalapeño...It's a compulsory variety for me from now on... :drooling:

(last season's mahalas):

mahala_jul2015.jpg

Back