• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
I remember using them when i first started growing. They were just called "peat pots".
Yes they sucked ass, roots couldn't penetrate the pots.

just picked up a grow tent, light, shade and ballast for some sauce and $50! not sure what im gonna do with it but a good deal. might dig up my chocolte scorpion that never flowered last season and chuck it in and see what happens.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/photo.php?fbid=274814542534006&set=at.199456646736463.63237.100000163883138.719973734&type=1&theater

:o I found more sprouts recently, another white bhut, a purple bhut, and a fitali. They're sprouting like crazy lately. I've just exceeded my quota :)

just picked up a grow tent, light, shade and ballast for some sauce and $50! not sure what im gonna do with it but a good deal. might dig up my chocolte scorpion that never flowered last season and chuck it in and see what happens.
http://www.facebook....&type=1
That link don't work.

:o I found more sprouts recently, another white bhut, a purple bhut, and a fitali. They're sprouting like crazy lately. I've just exceeded my quota :)
Nice work. Post some pics.

I have a question for the growers with a few seasons experiences.

I want to put my older plants outside to harden off and here in Perth we have just had two real sunny warm days. Spring is supposed to begin in sept but I'm wondering when it really starts Perth. Around what date does the weather stop being too cold at night for new chilli plants in Perth?

To see the size of the plants I just posted some new pictures in my grow thread.
http://www.thehotpep...post__p__490757

edit: I desparately need to make room for starting some more seeds so the plants have to go out as soon as they can.

Two new arrivals this morning. A Goats weed and bishops crown both popped in to say hello. Stoked about that as they are 2 varieties I really am looking toward to growing out less then a week (5 and 6 days) from laying down to germination

Two new arrivals this morning. A Goats weed and bishops crown both popped in to say hello. Stoked about that as they are 2 varieties I really am looking toward to growing out less then a week (5 and 6 days) from laying down to germination

:dance:

I got a few hooks this morning too :)
A Scorp, a douglah, and a morich (these three seem to be coming up best) :woohoo:

Hey, does this look "normal" to anybody?
It's a purple bhut jolokia from Smokin Ass Chilli.

purplebhut.jpg

Looks pretty normal to me, can we get a less out of focus piccy? :D
Been pissin down here the last couple of days, gives me time to drink beer and make some potting up soil in ma garage. Lol was just teeeeeeming then bang stopped, like someone turned a tap off! :high: ahhhh love weekends.

the colours I thought were interesting, purple stem, green leaves. If nothing is wrong this will be a very pretty plant, purple veined green leafed C.chinense. Already looking forward to it :)
yeah, the 500D filter for that lens is pretty bad. Sorry bout that, shoudl replace it, but it's not my choice of macro setup.

the colours I thought were interesting, purple stem, green leaves. If nothing is wrong this will be a very pretty plant, purple veined green leafed C.chinense. Already looking forward to it :)
yeah, the 500D filter for that lens is pretty bad. Sorry bout that, shoudl replace it, but it's not my choice of macro setup.

Yeah, nothing wrong with the purple, fairly common under lights with many a plant.

:high:

Hi all, went to the markets today and found Bhut jolokia plants for sale. They were cheap so i grabbed a few. They looked a little worse for wear but lots of new growth. Looks like they have had some bug damage but i couldnt find any on the plants. can anyone tell me if they look like Bhuts cant seem to find any pictures on the forum of plants of the same age. Now its time for a few :high: and to start digging a new garden bed.
IMG_5334.jpg

IMG_5335.jpg

IMG_5336.jpg

IMG_5337.jpg

Cheers Pauly

I hope you didn't pay too much for them!! :eek: They certainly look a little worse for wear and as for the identity I guess you will have to wait until you start getting pods to be sure

Back