• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Does anyone have a way to save a seed that has just germinated but appears to have tiny black spots growing on it? I suspect a fungus is eating my Limo Blanco seed. :(

I didn't treat my last round with H2O2 and managed to get 2/2 for each Brazilian Starfish, Goat's Weed and Habanero Peach seeds.

Germination is going good so far. 39/40 choc scorpions sprouted. These are non iso seed though so fingers crossed they produce true. My Butch T's are going good too.Limo blanco 100% germ. Others just starting to pop npw from the 18th.

I was at 100% germination on seeds started in August (2 Brazilian Starfish, 2 Goat's Weed and Habanero Peach) but it seems a Limo Blanco seed will be the undoing of my perfect run.

I could see tiny black spots on the top of the seed that as of the past day has a visible root. I placed a cotton bud in 3% H2O2 and then touched the seed casing in the hope of saving it.

I wonder if a go at Chamomile on the remaining seed would be worthwhile?

Just been looking at these Anti-Spiral Pots from garden city plastics. They are a similar premise to rocket pots except that they come in 20litre size in a minimum of 10 rather then 50 rocket pots. I have just wrote an email to ask how much they are.

Just got an email back from Garden city plastics for 10 Anti Spiral Pots its $53 + GST (60 bucks roughly) (plus Freight if you can't pick them up)
For 100 1.5litre Rocket pots its $180 + GST (200 bucks roughly) I think I might look at getting 10 Antispiral 20 litre pots for some of my chinense vars. Not that much more then 10 14.5 litre normal pots from Bunnings (about 10-15 dollars more)

Hi all,

I am experimenting with hydro and need some advice. I have started two BT scorps in rockwool cubes that popped a few days ago. i have been following instructions off a DIY hydro site. the instructions state when im up the the stage i am to use a product called super thrive which i cant seem to find. 1ml of super thrive to a 1L of water. would mixing up chilli focus to the same strength do the same? Or can you suggest something else or know were to get super thrive?

P9021006.jpg

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers Pauly

Hi all,

I am experimenting with hydro and need some advice. I have started two BT scorps in rockwool cubes that popped a few days ago. i have been following instructions off a DIY hydro site. the instructions state when im up the the stage i am to use a product called super thrive which i cant seem to find. 1ml of super thrive to a 1L of water. would mixing up chilli focus to the same strength do the same? Or can you suggest something else or know were to get super thrive?

P9021006.jpg

Any help would be appreciated

Cheers Pauly

Superthrive is simply an artificial plant hormone ( Wiki ) Which has now been banned in Australia anyway. Best to get something like This.

Apparently its a replacement for it.

I myself would simply use something like an organic seaweed extract for hydroponics

seaweed isnt enough to supply plants with their nutrients for hydroponics and it is suggested that you do't use organic stuff like that because of a few reasons, it upsets the system. I dont think it matters at this stage but when you have it in a system it does.
Any hydro nutrients will be fine, wether it is chilli focus or something else.

I didnt realise superthrive was banned either...

Must be able to use it to gewt high Candice i don't know.

I am not sure if it is still banned (as I now have seen it a few places online) but it was taken off shelves a while ago due to it not being registered (seeing as it is one of those nasty artificial PGR's I like to try and stay well clear of regardless of it being banned or not)I aam not sure if it has been returned to the shelves or will be returned??

seaweed isnt enough to supply plants with their nutrients for hydroponics and it is suggested that you do't use organic stuff like that because of a few reasons, it upsets the system. I dont think it matters at this stage but when you have it in a system it does.
Any hydro nutrients will be fine, wether it is chilli focus or something else.

I didnt realise superthrive was banned either...

I didn't mean as a complete fert Candice, but he was asking what could be used at the stage he was at instead of Superthrive, and I am assuming he is using it in a hand watered set up and not a system like you have going.

Thanks for all the responses i will give the chilli focus a go (only cos i already have it). i guess its an experiment, so if it dies i learn.

Each of the dads got a father's day present from my sons preprimary class today. A nicely decorated little pot with.... a Jalapeno plant in it.

:rofl:

How did they know!

Thanks for all the responses i will give the chilli focus a go (only cos i already have it). i guess its an experiment, so if it dies i learn.

It wont die. Use 5ml/1L water at this stage. This is the main time I use chilli focus.

I'm doing a lot of `learning` so far this season! :(
I think we all are!!! And trust me there is always something new to learn (unfortunately) :(

Each of the dads got a father's day present from my sons preprimary class today. A nicely decorated little pot with.... a Jalapeno plant in it.

:rofl:

How did they know!
Awesome! What are you doing opening your present already? I guess you couldnt keep it boxed up over the weekend.

Back