• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
yeah once before and i thought what an a**! So i said to him to Go on my website if you want some, i didnt hear back! It was really rude how he asked too, not mnicely more like demanding.. Then I saw he had sent it to lots of people so must of just did a mass spam. What do these people think?

This guy is from Portugal so his english maybe is not the best. Still though there is one thing that is pretty global, the word PLEASE!
Goes a long way with me but now he gets NADA. :lol:

Yar i smelt Hippies Bokashi when i was at his place last weekend. Sweet kinda alcohol smell.

I got Neil onto the Bokashi a few years back. My worms absolutely love it, as long as you mix it with paper/sawdust/something else and add a bit of garden lime to sweeten it up, the worms will devour it in no time. This is how I've been able to add citrus into my worm farms as well.

I still avoid meats even in my bokashi. I have had fly larvae in my worm farms before, but they disappeared pretty quick as well.

Neil mixes his with barley i'm pretty sure. Ya can eat it too like that it smells like cereal.

Al you got it too huh. The nerve! :lol:

My progress report contains both good news and bad news.

The good:
  • 4 Limón sprouts are at various stages from hook to upright
  • 3 Not Scarlet Lantern seedlings up in the ground
  • 1 Beni Highlands I sowed germinated and is pre-hook
The bad news is the temperature spikes after I sowed seeds on the 10th and 12th on inspection of the seeds appear to have terminated the following:
  • 2 Aji Cristal
  • 1 Beni Highlands
  • 2 Biquinho
  • 2 Fatalii (this was my second set)
  • 2 Habanero Chocolate
  • 2 Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Earlier sprouts that are still going:
  • 2 Brazilian Starfish
  • 1 Aji Amarillo
  • 2 Goat's Weed
  • 2 Habanero Peach
  • 1 Limo Blanco
  • 1 Scotch Bonnet TFM
  • 1 White Bhut
Most of the seedlings appear okay except the Habanero Peach seedlings.

I'm reconsidering my approach towards the open pollinated seeds since I probably need more than 2 to increase my odds of growing a true plant each.

Hows everyone going with their hot cherry germination.

If anyone got one to sprout I must have missed it.

So ummm..... where is my medal and when is my parade! :dance:
newsprouts002.jpg

My first batch failed and were tipped out so I ordered some more from thsc. Soaked in chamomile tea only and sown on the 13th sept - germinated 23rd.
:dance:

I voted for muppet no#3 because that muppet highlighted all the doggie things muppet 2 and 1 are doing, you never know maybe I'll cross my fingers and assume that muppet 3 must have a good plan then.

Wish this weather would sort itself out, 1 or two days of growing weather followed by a cold snaps really messing with my plants.

You win Mega. Dam it!!! :) so this was from a new batch of seeds? ??

I ordered a new packet of seeds, cos I really wanted to grow some douglahs as well, and I mentioned in the email that the hot cherry were hard to germinate. Luke replied that it just happens sometimes. Maybe he put a fresh packet of hot cherrys in there instead of the old stock ? ;)

We'll see if I can get it to pod up :pray:

Some of my latest updates of my current plants (minus a few boring seedlings and those still yet to germinate (Fatalii, Douglah RHF-1 and Hungarian Black I am looking at you mostly :hell: )

My First Aji Lemon Flowers
IMG_20110924_110357.jpg

First Pods from my super Chilli plant
IMG_20110924_110518.jpg

The older ones of the bunch
IMG_20110924_110220.jpg

IMG_20110924_110146.jpg

The toddlers
IMG_20110924_110106.jpg

Some nice branching and ground level perspective on my Explosive ember and Bonda Ma Jacques to the left and Pimenta De Neyde to the right.
IMG_20110924_110728.jpg

I have some more photos of some issues that are currently present in my garden,

Before I post those I have a couple of questions.
Why is it that given the exact same conditions some plants simply grow up with large internodal spacing,

Case in point being my Pimenta De Neyde and one (the bigger plant in the corner of one of the photos with a sparse growing habit) of Yellow 7 pot/pods ??

I have another from the same seeds of the yellow 7's that THSC supplied which is stockier and much slower growing. The tall one has outgrown all the other plants right from the start with much more vigour but it refuses to throw out side shoots??

Any ideas??

Aarrrgghhhh. So far behind. Haven't even started sowing yet. :(.
This weekend is the weekend where the action's happening. My shadecloth enclosure is getting fabricated at the moment :woohoo:
Have some pod's on a caribbean red though which has flourished through winter for some reason, despite the cold.
Been looking at getting 300mm pots for when I eventually pot up. Anyone know anywhere cheap to get em over here in the west?? I was thinking buckets drilling holes, but is it the right plastic??

Aarrrgghhhh. So far behind. Haven't even started sowing yet. :(.
This weekend is the weekend where the action's happening. My shadecloth enclosure is getting fabricated at the moment :woohoo:
Have some pod's on a caribbean red though which has flourished through winter for some reason, despite the cold.
Been looking at getting 300mm pots for when I eventually pot up. Anyone know anywhere cheap to get em over here in the west?? I was thinking buckets drilling holes, but is it the right plastic??

I am using the old bucket trick for most of my plants this year. Simply can't afford to pay 5 bucks a container for proper pots.

Back