• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
Exactly what I said! Apparently he lives in a nice suburb.

There is a high school near me and twice every day a mass of kids walk past. Don't think I could have chillies within easy reach like that.

Why do you think I put all the Bhut's closest to the footpath? muhahahahah

I call it the Great Wall of Fire.

My little beds are doing OK... My companion flowers are a little out of control but no aphids yet :D

54182910151202431308531.jpg

73466710151202432083531.jpg

22771910151202432198531.jpg
I like your companion flowers. I'm growing basil through out my garden. I heard its good with chillies. So far no aphids.

I have chives, coriander, parsley, marigolds, geraniums and petunias in each bed and one of the beds also has thyme and dill. So far so good with the aphids.

Hey, who would be interested in participating in an Aussie Grow Off type thing next season? All grow a certain variety and see who ends up with the most bad-ass pods/plants/etc. Maybe a poll after a set deadline or something? Or doesn't even have to be a competition or anything... just a comparison? Just throwing it out there. Thoughts?

+1
That sounds like a great idea, Gas. We'll decide on a variety and all start around the same time, document our plants in a specific thread etc..

+1
That sounds like a great idea, Gas. We'll decide on a variety and all start around the same time, document our plants in a specific thread etc..

So that's one in? :dance:

What were your thoughts on competition or just a comparison type thing?

I'm thinking too, instead of a common variety that most of us have already grown or whatever, maybe we should choose something more uncommon... something different? I dunno? That's just my thoughts anyway! But I'm easy......

Either one would be cool, a competition would have to be decided by a poll I spose.

My first thought was something common that everyone could easily get hold of like a Butch T. But something different would be cool too. We've got a bit of time to figure it out :P

I'm in !

U sure u want to do butches moo ;)
9b62e008b707c2f020d948b5da0b756f.jpg

It wud need to be seeds from the same pod to be fair to all, some 1 gets a pod ( ie gas ) and posts one seed to those keen to play

Lol Neva get enough of that pic

My first thought was something common that everyone could easily get hold of like a Butch T. But something different would be cool too. We've got a bit of time to figure it out :P

Yeah.... true. Good point!

I'm in !

It wud need to be seeds from the same pod to be fair to all, some 1 gets a pod ( ie gas ) and posts one seed to those keen to play

And another! :dance:

I would be happy to buy a few packs of seeds or whatever and distribute a few seeds to everybody (maybe not from the same pod then but from the same source at least). Don't trust my own pods though as I don't isolate!

That is a fine picture for sure. I should point out that I have a Butch T plant growing its ass off but it was a later start and hasn't podded up yet. ;) Want to get as many people doing it as possible.

edit:
Here my Butch T Pod
butch001_zps15ffb75a.jpg

Plant still a youngster
butch002_zps3bbe67d5.jpg

Looking good, Jayman!

The NOT Aji Lemon looks hybridized.... :cool: :cool: It definitely looks like it still has Aji Lemon in it. What's the taste and heat like on it???

And are you in on our little 2013 Great Aussie Grow Off next season?? (see posts above)

Would you believe that the Aji's are growing both at the same rate. Before the pods the plants looked very similiar. Both have only changed to yellow last 24 hours so didn't want pick them yet. Hmm maybe I should try both of them tomorrow. Would try them tonight but I just cut up some Bih's. I will cut them up and take pic's too.

I'll gladly join your competition, probably got no chance of winning, but hey even if I lose I can still eat the the results. :rofl:

Would you believe that the Aji's are growing both at the same rate. Before the pods the plants looked very similiar. Both have only changed to yellow last 24 hours so didn't want pick them yet. Hmm maybe I should try both of them tomorrow. Would try them tonight but I just cut up some Bih's. I will cut them up and take pic's too.

A side-by-side taste comparison will be interesting! Let me known the results.

The NOT Aji Lemon looks like it is turning more orange than the normal Aji Lemon or is that just a camera thing?

I have an Aji Lemon x chinense growing ATM and interestingly, while the pods turn red, they still have that Aji Lemon citrusy tang thang going on.

I'll gladly join your competition, probably got no chance of winning, but hey even if I lose I can still eat the the results. :rofl:

That's the spirit! More than anything, it's just for a bit of fun really anyway. :party:

(And looking at some of the plants grown by other growers here in Oz, I don't think I got much of a chance either! ;))

It is more orange than yellow, and looking closer it is still alittle green on the backside so it may still turn more orange, or red who knows.

How are the Bih Jolokias? They look more smooth skinned than mine, but its my first time growing them so really don't know what to expect.

Will you accept a kiwi residing in oz into the mix for the comp?? Does anyone know anyone at a uni?? If so we could each send a sample of 3 pods each to be tested for Shu's ... hottest wins :). :D ;) ... comp could be what place in Australia grows the hottest Chilli's .... some bragging rights there!! :D. Anyway I am off on a tangent ... I'm in

Hey, who would be interested in participating in an Aussie Grow Off type thing next season? All grow a certain variety and see who ends up with the most bad-ass pods/plants/etc. Maybe a poll after a set deadline or something? Or doesn't even have to be a competition or anything... just a comparison? Just throwing it out there. Thoughts?

OK sorry a bit late to find threads.. you know how all forums work differently with recent posts etc.

I would be in for this challenge..

That Aji Lemon NOT looks a lot like this one I am trying to I.D .. . probably ebay seeds.

IMG_1070Medium_zps536ac1bc.jpg

Back