• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

overwintering Winter-Summer in OZ "Comparison" / Aussie Blabberers

Who will win?

• A muppet

Votes: 20 34.5%
  • A muppet

Votes: 15 25.9%
  • A muppet

Votes: 23 39.7%

• Total voters
just picked this bad boy...

Capture_zps445479e3.jpg
Ouch, is that a Bhut?

Excellent pod frenzix

Is it a Bhut Jolokia?
haha I asked that same question a sec after you.

Excellent pod frenzix

Is it a Bhut Jolokia?

Cheers, yep bhut jolokia.. have a heap more coming off this plant. It is the biggest Bhut pod i've seen...
got about 25 seeds from it, will be interesting what they cross polinated with.. have all sorts of stuff nearby.

Been looking for a pot like this....

2238_0.jpg

Reckon that oughta be big enough to stop the roots from cooking?

I been thinking too, screw what I said about strictly pots only before... still has to be a container of some sort but not necessarily a pot... so hell yeah, kegs, baths, toilets,
whatever. Be creative. Just as long as it's not a blatant raised bed or something.....

(and grow bags, coles green bags or whatever if anybody uses 'em)

Shotty it is. :lol:

Well then count me out! ........................................................................................................ joking :rofl:
Hmm, maybe I can get a 40gal drum. Damn it if only I was still at my old job I could get one.

Do we know what we are growing yet?

Gas that looks like a cauldron for boiling up stuff. Wouldn't it heat up in strong sun?

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHH! don't tell him :shh:
Yeah Gas that Cauldron looks perfect :liar: Seriously I think it should still work ok, it will have alot more soil in it than something like a 10cm pot, and I guess you could try put something in the bottom of it as a heat sink.

just picked this bad boy...

Capture_zps445479e3.jpg

Thats a killer pod, hope my choc bhuts come out as good.

Oh nooo.... I meant just a one off for the grow off. Times that by a hundred and I'd have to own the company. :lol:

I'm over pots. I'm tired of potting up all the time, I'm tired of searching endlessly for even a half decent potting mix and I'm tired of my plants in 'em turning to shit when summer hits! I've got a lot of work to do digging beds and prepping 'em but next season I'm so gonna do most of my growing in the ground.

Yeah, true, aye?

Hahahaha that will teach me for skimming through posts at work and trying not to get caught by the boss.

Well I might go redneck and use this that I had saved from work-
2013_01_11_09_32_21_280_1.jpg

That should be just the right size for a monster superhot :P

Growing in the ground is definately much better, if you can do an outside hydro channel they are the cudi grah for growing Chilli. Mine explodes every year and much less problems than pots.

Hey Frenzix damn nice Chilli happening there, I love those lumps and spikes that says i'm *&%@% hot!

Micca

Cheers, yep bhut jolokia.. have a heap more coming off this plant. It is the biggest Bhut pod i've seen...
got about 25 seeds from it, will be interesting what they cross polinated with.. have all sorts of stuff nearby.
Most likely nothing. They self pollinate so easily that unless you have an abundance of insects going from one flower to the next cross pollination happens far less then you would imagine.

Yeah the outside Hydro Channel rocks!
I'll take a picture sometime of it(minus chilli of course because of my little thief!)

Micca

Do we know what we are growing yet?

Superhot for sure, but I dunno, what do you all reckon? Throw some names out there and we'll see if we can't reach a consensus?

I was thinking this bad boy here for something hopefully not a lot of us have grown: TS Moruga Yellow (I dunno, has anyone grown it yet?)

Or what about good old 7 Pot Yellow? I didn't actually like it first time I grew it a few years ago but my tastes have changed big time now. (It would be a good excuse for me to grow it again too ;))

Got a few others I might be keen on but I'll wait to see what you all come up with. Shoot away!

Oh and are we gonna be bothered with the "seeds must come from the same source" thing? If we choose something like TS Moruga Yellow that probably not a lot of us already have in our collection I'm still happy to buy a bunch of seeds and distribute a few out to everybody, else I just reckon any source will be fine. Maybe someone has seeds with good genes up their sleeve? So be it.... it will make it more interesting! ;)

The morouga Scorp Yellow sounds like a good one.
I have a plant in my Hydro Channel, if I manage to get fruit and my thief doesn't get them I might be able to supply seeds.
Otherwise Pepperlover has them.

Micca

I think it could be one of the following ( completely selfish reasons ie i have never grown them before ;) )brain strain yellow, butch t, that morouga yellow that gas suggested, bih jolokia, Dorset naga, nagabon , or the TS orange?? Or we could look at JRs special hybrid list and grab something off that or conversely grow out one of our own hybrids for something unexpected??

Have you tried a brain exploder butch moruga double scorpian with napalm? I have and I can eat them all day long.

Superhot for sure, but I dunno, what do you all reckon? Throw some names out there and we'll see if we can't reach a consensus?

I was thinking this bad boy here for something hopefully not a lot of us have grown: TS Moruga Yellow (I dunno, has anyone grown it yet?)

Or what about good old 7 Pot Yellow? I didn't actually like it first time I grew it a few years ago but my tastes have changed big time now. (It would be a good excuse for me to grow it again too ;))

Got a few others I might be keen on but I'll wait to see what you all come up with. Shoot away!

Oh and are we gonna be bothered with the "seeds must come from the same source" thing? If we choose something like TS Moruga Yellow that probably not a lot of us already have in our collection I'm still happy to buy a bunch of seeds and distribute a few out to everybody, else I just reckon any source will be fine. Maybe someone has seeds with good genes up their sleeve? So be it.... it will make it more interesting! ;)

Yesss. I like the look of the TS Moruga Yellow ...

a64738413a5347406a1a4_m.JPG

Have you tried a brain exploder butch moruga double scorpian with napalm? I have and I can eat them all day long.

Nope mine was minus napalm, any good? :party:

I think it could be one of the following ( completely selfish reasons ie i have never grown them before ;) )brain strain yellow, butch t, that morouga yellow that gas suggested, bih jolokia, Dorset naga, nagabon , or the TS orange?? Or we could look at JRs special hybrid list and grab something off that or conversely grow out one of our own hybrids for something unexpected??

You got a stutter there Trips. :rofl:

Mezo.

Nope mine was minus napalm, any good? :party:

You got a stutter there Trips. :rofl:

Mezo.

I don't know what you are talking about ;) :). Nah freaking free train wifi sometimes doesn't appear to be working so I end up pushing submit twice ... dam first world problems :D. (Never mind the fact I am communicating wirelessly on my phone to the entire world ... I will focus on the negatives dam it :D ;). )

TS Moruga Yellow is looking like a :hot: choice?? :dance:

The morouga Scorp Yellow sounds like a good one.
I have a plant in my Hydro Channel, if I manage to get fruit and my thief doesn't get them I might be able to supply seeds.
Otherwise Pepperlover has them.

Micca

Ive got two monster Morouga Yellows growing, and several smaller ones.

Mezo.

Ya bums.... rip your plants out so we can all grow it for the first time! And anyone else who is growing it too! :lol:

Thought about a hybrid actually but then thought the baddest plant might be left more in the hands of fate rather than the grower? ;)

May we shud chat with a good supplier ( wink wink jungle rain , hippy ) and c if they want anything grown out and resupply seeds back to them, means something different ?

I'd grow yellow 7 every year so yum

Any room in this here competition for a QLD Chilli newbie? I have not got a bad veggie patch. Have only really grown Cayanne, Birds Eyes, Habanero's etc up until now, but am keen to get into some more exotic plants. Never know, enthusiasm might help me - lol

Cheers,

WFC

Back