• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Wolfwood2186's peppers

I know what some people are going to say but i have grown all of my plants in Miracle grow potting soil. in my buckets i used a diluted fertilizer mixture of 10-10-10 solution. until the plants really started to come into season then i switched over to a 15-30-15 solution. you are supposed to mix 1 tablespoon of fertilizer per gallon and i did 1 tablespoon per 3 gallons.

I haven't let the jalapenos get ripe yet i have been picking them while they were still green.

As far as the cross pollinating my friend couldn't remember if there was anything by it.

Thanks for the info.

so today i took the top buckets out and cleaned the bottom buckets of all the algae and dirt and whatever else was in the bottom reservoir. i then filled the bucket to the correct height and added my half strength 15-30-15 fertilizer (not a huge fan of it by the way) and tested the Ph of each bucket. they all came in around 6.2 or 6.3 so we are looking pretty good. picked a few exploding embers and a few jalapenos. still waiting on my bhuts to change color. they are about as long as my finger now and looking like pure :evil:

Well my bhuts have started to blush which its about time. And what i thought was jamaican hot chocolats are actually white habs i must have mislabled my bags. Still holy crap i had one and boy they are hot.

Today I got 84 nice peppers from my purple exploding embers a meager 2 from my Bhutan and 2 from the jalapenos. The white habaneros have a bunch of pods that are green and are about the same size so hopefully the will all ripen at the same time.

Back