• Start a personal food blog, or, start a community food thread for all.

Worship the Burrito!

Hey ya'll, TB here. For thousands of years Tibeten monks, Mayan brujo's and voodoo witch doctors, and pot smoking hippy's have searched for the truth, the answer to the ultimate question! CIA, KGB, and NSA (NoSuchAgency) have all infiltrated governments and society at large with moles and spys also in search of the answer to the ultimate question. I know the question, but do YOU? Search your inner thoughts, delve deep into your very soul and ask yourself....What goes on your burrito?

To prepare your mind for the answer, you must first crack and shotgun 3 beers and do a shot of tequila. Then use the force to let your mind guide you to culinary nirvana.

Last eve I began my climb up the mountain with the following ingredients...

olive oil
garlic
yellow onion
green onion
red bell pepper
habanero pepper
button mushrooms picked by Mayan warriors deep within a cave at an undisclosed location somewhere in the Yucatan.
shrimp
flour tortillas
cheddar cheese
sour cream
lime
habanero hot sauce

saute in a skillet, preferrably cast iron, the first five ingredients. Add the shrooms and shrimp....BEHOLD!!
0160.jpg

crack and slam 2 more hoskey's and do another shot. Heat another pan and melt cheddar cheese on a tortilla....screw that..just zap it in the mic. Crack another beer and then shovel the shrimp mix onto the tortilla. CAN YOU SMELL THAT??
0161.jpg

Then..you guessed it..have another beer and do a shot of tequila. Now roll ever so carefully your culinary spliff like it's best Matanuska Thunderf*#k ganja rollercoaster skunk weed on the planet.(hey just what I heard on Sixty Minutes)
Top with sour cream, green onions and hot sauce..WORSHIP IT!!
0162.jpg

Now that you know the question..what is your answer? What goes on your burrito? Beef? Chicken? Camel? Musk Ox? I say it's all good...

Pics are required and corn tortilla's may also be used...PITA BREAD DOES NOT COUNT!!

Crack 2 more beers...

Cheers ya'll, TB.

POTAWIE said:
That looks awesome dude. Up here we would just call that a "wrap" unless it was full of refried beans. Now I gotta thaw out some shrimp for breakfast dammit:)

generally we probably just call them 'wraps' here too

texas blues said:
Cman...nothing sophisticated about it as by the time one is done preparing the 'thang, one will have drank enough for a platoon of marines on payday. I will admit to eating it with a knife and fork though....(hangs head in shame)..I'll go and take off the skirt now ya'll.

Cheers, TB.

I'd prefer you leave it on unless you intend immediately replacing the skirt with some pants, we don't wanna see junk while discussing food or at any other time for that matter - thanks TB ;)

chilliman64 said:
I'd prefer you leave it on unless you intend immediately replacing the skirt with some pants, we don't wanna see junk while discussing food or at any other time for that matter - thanks TB ;)

Hear ye! :D

TB - that burrito looks good, shrimp is kinda strange though for a burrito. I tend to keep to the traditional styles of burritos/fajitas if I make them.

cheezydemon said:
The ultimate burrito is a beautiful thing, but it also beautiful to take a boring breakfast and make it into a pretty decent burrito!

I take eggs (fried or scrambled, whichever the fam wants), bacon or sausage, a little cheddar, some salsa, sour cream, and hot sauce and make breakfast a whole lot better.

My wife still looks at me funny when I take breakfast and burrito it up.

Your burrito looks pretty freaking good TB, I guess I would add some avacado though!

breakfast burritos are great, I've made them before. I use hot italian sausage, scrambled eggs, chives or green onions, burrito wrap, green serranos (store bought) or whatever fresh chiles I can get &/or just add chile powder (usually hab powder) & shredded cheese, & salsa once in awhile.
the last batch I made was too hot to be eating when I wake up :mouthonfire: I like HOT but not to much 1st thing in the morning :lol:

CH...that venison stir fry you did the other day would make a fantastic burrito! I'm with you on the breakfast burritos as well..eggs usually scrammie's, and whatever that's laying around. Typical breakfast burrito growing up in Texas was eggs, fried potatos, jalapenos and refrieds. No cheese or sour cream..sometimes salsa. I've got some leftover steak and potatos from Emerils joint I went to last night that will be on tonights burrito.

Cheers, TB.

TB - that venison stir fry is not burrito material IMO, wrong veggies & sauce. but now you have me thinking about venison breakfast burritos, never made those, think I'll make a batch of venison B-burritos this winter :)
regular burritos I like mine just meat, onions, bells & chiles, tomatoes or salsa, cheese.

did I say no cheese before ? oops I missed that, I like cheese with all burritos, I'm gonna add that now.
I also like to add salsa to the breakfast burritos every now & then.

Burritos are beautiful for camping too....an edible plate.

We made some venison stew last winter on a camping trip. Venison, carrots, potatoes, onions, it all went great in a tortilla.

JayT said:
I make quesadillas at least once a week with just about everything imaginable. So it is kind of like your burrito only flat and baked or grilled. Love 'em. Oh, and IGG, I have two big bags of shrimp in the freezer, so here:

:tosses Igg 2lbs of shrimp:
WAHOO!!!

I'm actually going to go pick up some ingredients tonight or tomarrow and have something similar for lunch.

imaguitargod said:
WAHOO!!!

I'm actually going to go pick up some ingredients tonight or tomarrow and have something similar for lunch.

: Throws burrito with smoked salmon, cream cheese, green onions and hoison at Passow :

Cheers, TB.

Took last nights "cheese fatloaf" and sliced it up. Put it on a flour tortilla, more sharp cheddar, topped it with coleslaw and pequins. So damned good it made my Death Row Last Meal list...

Cheers ya'll, TB.

0171.jpg

Back