• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

hot-sauce Worst Hot sauce you've ever tasted?

I tasted a hot sauce once that tasted like flavored vinegar. It must have been 98% vinegar, it even looked like vinegar with a little pepper residue at the bottom. As a hot sauce it was horrible, as a flavored vinegar it would have been fine, but it was labeled as hot sauce.

taco bell Fire sauce...EWWW
sick.gif

it's kinda sad that it takes 5 packets to make a grilled stuffed burrito any fun and it still tastes bland...

Hot sauce designed by lawyers.... ;)
True..when i worked at one in 80's we had real jalapenos whole and as a 'green' sauce that rocked on the soft tacos.

Now, nada but typical american blandness in the guise of hot. Most dont want actual pain, they wanan feel..'dangerous' in front of the babez after last call.

True: I once got kicked out of a bar for bringing in sum naga sauce....as it was "dangerous".

QuadShotz said:
True..when i worked at one in 80's we had real jalapenos whole and as a 'green' sauce that rocked on the soft tacos.

Now, nada but typical american blandness in the guise of hot. Most dont want actual pain, they wanan feel..'dangerous' in front of the babez after last call.

True: I once got kicked out of a bar for bringing in sum naga sauce....as it was "dangerous".
kicked out?? bah. i carry my ESB sauce with me wherever i go these days.

QuadShotz said:

what did they think you were gonna do with it?? drip in on somebody??? ohhh....scary

If I had a Top 10 Worst Hot Sauces list, Grinders Death Sauce would be 1-10.

That stuff is beyond horrible and is not meant for human consumption. :sick:

My dad bought that bull snort crap in a three pack at a discount store(Big Lots or Dollar Tree...can't remember), and he now shuns all sauces containing habaneros. I'm not a huge fan of the taste of orange habs themselves, but I've made some pretty decent experimental sauces from them, being the hottest pepper I can find in a grocery store. Anyway, I can't say I've tried anything terrible( actually the only commercial sauces I've ever tried are the vinegar-y wing sauces(not a fan), tabasco, sriracha, and Dave's Insanity extract sauce(not really that bad if you're mixing it with a lot of something else))

If I go out to a friend's place or a restaurant and all they have for hot sauce is Tabasco (original), I just pass.

I don't think it's horrible, but for my tastes the oakiness overwhelms and it's too thin.

For me, I think the one I disliked the most was Satan's Blood. I just did not care for the flavor much. It has been about 10 years since I had it, I may go try it again since my palate has changed so much over the years.

North Shore Nitro- I think it's make in Hawaii, we purchased it on Kauai about 6 years ago. I just threw it out about 2 weeks ago, dunno why I kept it so long, the only thing it's good for is to keep the dog out of the garbage.

Mad Dog 357- heck, we like Scorned Woman better than that Mad Dog crap

For me, I think the one I disliked the most was Satan's Blood. I just did not care for the flavor much. It has been about 10 years since I had it, I may go try it again since my palate has changed so much over the years.
yea i tried that stuff. no real flavor at all. just plain heat.
If I had a Top 10 Worst Hot Sauces list, Grinders Death Sauce would be 1-10.

That stuff is beyond horrible and is not meant for human consumption. :sick:
this is by far the worse out there

Satans blood is bad in that burnt rubber extract way. I actually like the nandos lineup, but that may be because i spent 7 months in South Africa and had it regularly. I think plain tobasco is pretty bad. Also, i saw in the earlier pages that "endorphin rush" was mentioned. I actually liked that one! I have also had hit and miss bottles of Dave's. I had a few bottles that i thought were pretty good that were a reddish brown clay color. Then i went to buy a new bottle and dosnt realize until coming home that the sauce in this new bottle was super dark brown, almost black, almost extract like. Pretty sure it was the same original dave's sauce, not another hotter/different brand from the lineup. Anyways, the new bottle blew ass, and has scared me away from purchasing again. I rmember liking their garlic sauce, which i think is marketed as hotter than the original.

Back