• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Year of the Ghost 2019

So after trials & tribulations of last years grow this year will be a year of pirates because of all the Bhuty

Aerogarden seed starter and seedling kratky area cleaned and ready. Seeds hit the 3% peroxide soak before tomorrows introduction to seed start

So here is my list and will get updated as I go:

Chilli red Sri Lanka grow down
PDN x BMJ community grow
Aji Fantasy
Aji Charpita
Bishops crown
P. Dreadie
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Chiltepin

Purple Bhut Jolokia
White Bhut Jolokia
Caramel Bhut Jolokia
Solid Gold Bhut Jolokia
Peach WM Bhut Jolokia
Yaki blue (only if I can find proper pheno)
Yellow Bhut Jolokia
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia
Orange Bhut Jolokia
Red Bhut Jolokia
Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion X Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Bhut wrecker (maybe)
398C863A-4C57-4D82-A6C6-5A4E0947632D.jpeg

CDNmatt said:
Yeah we love us some Florida in the winter Bobo...I am a huge Hockey fan and my team was in Tampa and Sunrise past couple games..and it was FULL of Leaf fans most of which were likely snow birds

Weather does look nice though Bobo...well from my point of view anyways...some of those temps would be perfect summer temps for me. You guys get more rain at this time of year??
Sometimes we do but its typically dry season til May, hurricane/rainy season

PT :cheers:

That winter (Nov - Apr) weather is the thing I miss most about living in the FL.  Hope you're enjoying it GPR!  Not feeling too bad here in Seattle though, especially when I hear SB and Matty's weather reports.  Heck, I still have rocotos growing nicely on my back deck and have only had to pull them inside a handful of nights so far.

Glad to see how well the heated AeroGarden is working for ya too.  Seems to be going off like a pop corn popper!

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:
Sometimes we do but its typically dry season til May, hurricane/rainy season

PT :cheers:

damn damn damn damn damn...lol

Hmm yeah hurricane season...that is certainly something I do not envy you guys for....pretty scary stuff, I could only imagine having to deal with that type of extreme weather.

CaneDog said:
That winter (Nov - Apr) weather is the thing I miss most about living in the FL.  Hope you're enjoying it GPR!  Not feeling too bad here in Seattle though, especially when I hear SB and Matty's weather reports.  Heck, I still have rocotos growing nicely on my back deck and have only had to pull them inside a handful of nights so far.

Glad to see how well the heated AeroGarden is working for ya too.  Seems to be going off like a pop corn popper!
Haha thanks, I try to enjoy it this time of year cuz summer does get hot and humid. Thats our trade off, nice winters but hot as ballz summer and fall. I cant believe you still have plants out in Seattle, Id have thought the temp doesnt go above 30 this time of year lol kudos. I do think the heater is working nicely with the exception of Aji Fantasy & charpita and chiltepin

Hurricanes arent so bad, if you live in a concrete built home. You basically camp out and if you have a generator and a window ac your good. Ill take em over tornadoes any day

Guatemalan Insanity Pepper said:
well, it looks like i am yet another Northern Snowbird following your Glog
wishing for warmer weather and an earlier spring  :)
6f /-14c here right now at about 1pm

will be following this one 
:cheers:
G.I.P.

Too funny, thats some kind of cold. I dont miss those super low temps, no sir. I dont blame folks for wishing for spring & thanks for following. Looking forward to putting some of your crosses in the Glog :dance:

SpeakPolish said:
Wow, Florida is perfect except for all that U.V radiation on the plants. Shades are needed in the south for all the sun scald.
Believe it or not the UV radiation is less than lots of other parts of the country. Its the summer heat that gets to them and the high amount of sun we tend to have (hence sunshine state). I have the shade up from May to November when temps can still be hard on em, theyre lovin the sun we get this time of year.

Update: so almost all peppers on my list have at least one sprout or seed with a taproot except yellow Bhut, Pdn x bmj crosses, Aji Fantasy and Charpita (little couch potatoes). Some of the seeds have really surpassed my germ expectations with 2 & 3 sprouts/taproots and I only put 3 seeds per pod. Growing pretty fast too, need more ferts from the hydro druggy shop soon lol (meth head follows me every time I go)

Heres the progress pic

YB56gkw.jpg

Grow down close up :metal:
45TY6FU.jpg

CaneDog said:
Really great how well that's working for you.  Those last few need to kick it into gear though!

Say what?
Thanks
No lie, owner is cool but his one employee is always stupid high, has sunglasses on inside and follows me like Im gonna stuff rock wool down my pants
Last time just to mess with him every time he looked down my row Id act sorta startled and go to a different row

CDNmatt said:
mcgyvered it = Another word to describe a redneck = I love it  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

One thing I love to use is the velcro you can get from the dollar stores with the sticky on the back.. that way could tkae it on and off as needed Bobo.....may of worked well for something like that
I agree, it was a pain at first then the old noggin started working. I believe your way wouldve saved me time and a headache. Lol oh well

Andy & CD I can see how youd come to that conclusion lol fortunately its by my work which is 55 miles away from home and thats if I dont stop at a customers on the way home. They arent that desperate to jack me

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:
Hurricanes arent so bad, if you live in a concrete built home. You basically camp out and if you have a generator and a window ac your good. Ill take em over tornadoes any day

We don't have hurricanes anymore. When Ivan centerpunched us in 2004, I grew weary of dealing with the little gas generator while being out of power for 10 days. After that I bought hurricane insurance. I installed a bigass diesel stationary generator set that runs the whole house including the central air. We haven't had a hurricane hit us ever since.

DWB said:

We don't have hurricanes anymore. When Ivan centerpunched us in 2004, I grew weary of dealing with the little gas generator while being out of power for 10 days. After that I bought hurricane insurance. I installed a bigass diesel stationary generator set that runs the whole house including the central air. We haven't had a hurricane hit us ever since.
Impressive, we dont have that kind of dough for a diesel

Back