• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Year of the Ghost 2019

So after trials & tribulations of last years grow this year will be a year of pirates because of all the Bhuty

Aerogarden seed starter and seedling kratky area cleaned and ready. Seeds hit the 3% peroxide soak before tomorrows introduction to seed start

So here is my list and will get updated as I go:

Chilli red Sri Lanka grow down
PDN x BMJ community grow
Aji Fantasy
Aji Charpita
Bishops crown
P. Dreadie
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Chiltepin

Purple Bhut Jolokia
White Bhut Jolokia
Caramel Bhut Jolokia
Solid Gold Bhut Jolokia
Peach WM Bhut Jolokia
Yaki blue (only if I can find proper pheno)
Yellow Bhut Jolokia
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia
Orange Bhut Jolokia
Red Bhut Jolokia
Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion X Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Bhut wrecker (maybe)
398C863A-4C57-4D82-A6C6-5A4E0947632D.jpeg

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:

Yeah buddy...
Update: more major yaki blue yay
Some outdoor plants darn near tripled in size, soil fix or Mykos? I dont freakin care
Grow down plants fared well today especially with rain and clouds, gotta spray every few days due to aphid basturds

nB6FAg6.jpg

Et4ve21.jpg

1h8Tgu8.jpg

yCBV8X9.jpg

8hcB5IA.jpg

That a big fat daddy Aloe plant in that above pic Bobo?.....I hate you that you almost need to cut your grass....weed wack at the very least.........

Edit - Yup I PT'd...I must be feeling better or something

DWB said:
Looking great down there. I guess there's a snowball's chance in hell you can get a frost yet this year?

I sure wish I could start planting out now but there's always a chance we could get a hard freeze still. Some of my plants are so ready. I think in 2 weeks I'll  plant a row with frost protection.

Hah, bright idea, maybe I'll order in more frost protection and start planting more rows.

Oh yeah, frost this time of year is as likely as 80 degrees in Canada this time of year. Do it buddy, keep motivated

CDNmatt said:
That a big fat daddy Aloe plant in that above pic Bobo?.....I hate you that you almost need to cut your grass....weed wack at the very least.........

Edit - Yup I PT'd...I must be feeling better or something

Oh you know it, that aloe started out 1/4 of that size 4 years ago. Got so many babies off it too. I do need a cut massively, waiting til after the rain of this past week. Glad youre feeling better brother, I handed that pt so easy .

PtMD989 said:
Looking great [emoji106]. I am so ready for spring to get here [emoji16].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bet, soon Im sure buddy. This is our make the country jealous season

Ghost Pepper Revolution said:

Oh yeah, frost this time of year is as likely as 80 degrees in Canada this time of year. Do it buddy, keep motivated

I ordered in a 10x50 piece of Agrifabric 0.55 oz. Along with the 10x25 piece I already have I'll be able to plant a bunch of the monster plants in my middle three bale rows and get them the hell outta the nursery.

The stuff works great. I scooched all my potted peppers up against a tall fence and hung the 10x25 over them for protection this winter. I left them like that until mid-January when we had a forecast for a hard freez, that never happened. The row cover protected the plants perfectly well through all of our frost events that came prior.

DWB said:
I ordered in a 10x50 piece of Agrifabric 0.55 oz. Along with the 10x25 piece I already have I'll be able to plant a bunch of the monster plants in my middle three bale rows and get them the hell outta the nursery.

The stuff works great. I scooched all my potted peppers up against a tall fence and hung the 10x25 over them for protection this winter. I left them like that until mid-January when we had a forecast for a hard freez, that never happened. The row cover protected the plants perfectly well through all of our frost events that came prior.
Very nice, must be one heck of a fabric :fire: :metal:

Statistically there's a slight risk of 28° F through March 18 and risk of 32° frost through March 24.

The 0.55 oz fabric protects to 28° and has 85% light transmission. I think I'll start putting plants out in two weeks and leave them covered by hillbilly hoop houses for maybe 3 weeks.

If we have a really freakazoid hard freeze coming after I plant, I should have enough buckets and pots to provide adequate protection under the fabric.

We did have quite a few frosts before Jan 15 and this fabric protected all my old plants very nicely. But they're probably a lot tougher than babies.

Update finally:
So after potting out the Sri Lankas, then the Bishops crowns and all have been adapting well despite our cold spell of 47 and 50 the following night. Then it was time to move my beastin orange ghost pepper outside so hopefully it does well tonight into tomorrow.
All major yaki pains sprouted, 2 Brazilian starfish, Scotch Brains and some mysterious peppers popped up in the outside small compost bin although Im certain they are Aji bolsa de dulces or Aji fantasy since those were rotten peppers I threw in there so we will see how it turns out. Last are some of the Aerogarden plants getting potted to Kratky homes

Maybe my 3 cuttings will root this time, who knows. Im trying the Paul approach. :cheers:

29IJZk7.jpg

gCIVo0x.jpg

0YxYeV5.jpg

vMqJPRE.jpg

mp3KN2m.jpg

wI1NK5x.jpg

CNOjKzs.jpg

8pHDKEm.jpg

Stupid pic to taunt Ed on the grow down
c634J5S.jpg

Edmick said:
If I win, you have to shave your beard..

Deal, and if I win you shave the middle of your beard

qNMiqoG.jpg

Walchit said:
The arm wrastlin or the growdown? Gpr looks like he's thrown a hay bale or two
thanks, the wife enjoys big arms and chest plus a wedding next month so a little more gym than usual. Although oddly enough Ive had to sling a few dozen buckets of lately

CDNmatt said:
Shave his beard while jumping on the trampoline behind him

Dude not cool, zig zag beard and unwanted nose surgery

Edmick said:
That's not a trampoline. I think he's training for American ninja warrior..
I wish I had that much energy
Yeah if I jump on it all the springs will go, my 40lb daughter is the only one who doesnt snap the springs

Back