• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Year of the Ghost 2019

So after trials & tribulations of last years grow this year will be a year of pirates because of all the Bhuty

Aerogarden seed starter and seedling kratky area cleaned and ready. Seeds hit the 3% peroxide soak before tomorrows introduction to seed start

So here is my list and will get updated as I go:

Chilli red Sri Lanka grow down
PDN x BMJ community grow
Aji Fantasy
Aji Charpita
Bishops crown
P. Dreadie
Jamaican Hot Chocolate
Chiltepin

Purple Bhut Jolokia
White Bhut Jolokia
Caramel Bhut Jolokia
Solid Gold Bhut Jolokia
Peach WM Bhut Jolokia
Yaki blue (only if I can find proper pheno)
Yellow Bhut Jolokia
Chocolate Bhut Jolokia
Orange Bhut Jolokia
Red Bhut Jolokia
Jays Peach Ghost Scorpion X Bhut Orange Copenhagen
Bhut wrecker (maybe)
398C863A-4C57-4D82-A6C6-5A4E0947632D.jpeg

No problem Paul, they werent hibernating buddy... they was um birds and bee-ing☺
Had to sterilize soil due to Phytophthora fungi in soil wreaking havoc on last weekend transplants.
All indoor plants are outside except for some new seeds that popped, had to kick em out due to NJ trip woot woot. (In S.Ga now)
Lots of plants and lots of pics
Hopefully the labels show in the pics as I tried to take them that way to make posting easier. :dance:

fL3kZjU.jpg

UMvVe7o.jpg

3ytJZXO.jpg

9iW72Vk.jpg

6xpuMyA.jpg

7rsRAWL.jpg

cS4FYlP.jpg

QbGKRoA.jpg

gFi06ve.jpg

Bishops crown bros
vzt5gap.jpg

cc55HYS.jpg

bRN3ON2.jpg

vodJtLx.jpg

KG9hHDD.jpg

And this one I was certain it was a goner and then it has surpassed expectations since being outside now few days. Its alive!!!
sIhGg9I.jpg

Heres its healthier sibling
qS4Jwkg.jpg

li8nvyS.jpg

TRMQxE8.jpg

p6zjK2D.jpg

Devv said:
That's a ton of plants! And they look great ;)

Do you ever put any in the ground? Just asking, cuz I'm a dirty boy..
Haha thanks, its adding up fast with every seed that germinates and Im not a culling kinda guy.

This year I am going to put everything in the ground since a friend who grows locally had to truck in 1000 lbs of ferts for 200 + plants because he grows in containers
Ill be building cheap raised beds when I return from NJ in 2 weeks. All plants in ground this year woohoo

Noticed the last few days I've got several dozen "asian ladies" that have taken up residence in my pepper transplants.  They're dominant here and they will bite.  I live in a very rural locale.  They find their way into our house every fall.  I guess they've come out and find my pepper room to their liking.  

Harry_Dangler said:
Noticed the last few days I've got several dozen "asian ladies" that have taken up residence in my pepper transplants.  They're dominant here and they will bite.  I live in a very rural locale.  They find their way into our house every fall.  I guess they've come out and find my pepper room to their liking.  
Oh wow, thats no fun. I guess as long as they do the job you cant complain

Harry_Dangler said:
Are they the orange ones? Yeah they are biting SOBs. We have them also. Some years they are thicker than other years. I heard some farmers imported them from Asia many years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PtMD989 said:
GPR, plants are looking great [emoji106] I over estimated my Bishop Crowns, your plants are 8x larger than mine. [emoji16]

Haha thanks brotha, I didnt expect mine to go all hulk out there like that. Ill have to transplant in a couple weeks, wasnt expecting to. I guess its a good kind of pain in the butt

It might be the mychorizae fungi making them so big, stuff is no joke

PtMD989 said:
Are they the orange ones? Yeah they are biting SOBs. We have them also. Some years they are thicker than other years. I heard some farmers imported them from Asia many years ago.

Yep the orange ones.  I've seen the same thing.  Some years they swarm here but not every year.  They'll do a number on aphids.  I think they probably out compete the red ones.  I think they might be a little larger as well.  

Harry_Dangler said:
Same. Drives the Darlin' Bride insane, but I'm reassured that my OWs are guarded. We're surrounded by many square miles of farmland, the Asians come with the soybeans. They'll clog the windows in the fall, usually right after first frost, looking for warmer digs.

stettoman said:
You racist!

I shoulda thought of that.....
it was a perfect setup and a chuckle worthy observation

Update: NJ wedding trip was a blast and went fast. I was expecting a few casualties on plants, seedlings and last minute cuttings but came home to new sprouts: Bhut Solid Gold, 2 Bhut White,2 Bhut strain 2 WHP, purple Tobago Seasoning, Aji White Lightening. :cheers:
Bhut caramel cutting actually rooted, go figure. Very pleased with

8ZJAvFU.jpg

ZGepvDt.jpg

Gk37PU9.jpg

CxjyZ3M.jpg

HYss5t9.jpg

yGiiTph.jpg

jOA3O6w.jpg

rG9NKgz.jpg

Crude Compost mystery peppers (probably Aji Bolsa De Dulce)
6h7nlHP.jpg

Back